Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/13: Training Camp Tweets (what-not galore)

Sorry, I did grow up in Northern Va, but I have been to Baltimore many times and was stationed at Ft. Meade. It is a hole. Everytime I go to the Inner Harbor, I get accosted by drug addicts and homeless people hitting me up for money. Anytime you go off the beaten path there all I see is people who are drunk, on drugs, or both and are just hanging around swearing and fighting. I don't care what else is there, that seems like it is a very small part of the city. Every person I know who has been there has had the exact same experience I have had. You are entitled to your opinion, but I am entitled to mine. The place is crappy.

I pretty much had this opinion of Baltimore until I recently spent a day/night there to record some music. Seemed like we were in an 'uptown' part of the city (near a huge church), but it was very nice! TONS of good food (Thai restaurants everywhere) and seemingly clean. Of course, there are **** parts like any other city...but it certainly took me by surprise to see Baltimore in a way I never have before.

That wouldn't sound right, considering he has a rookie QB to protect. I would expect them to give him a few more days off if it were that serious. I'm still curious about the long term effects of bone bruises though.

I understand that a bone bruise is a kind of fracture and that if serious can take a long time to heal and they tend to linger. It sounds though like what happened to Trent was pretty mild and if so while there may some sorness that lingers there should be no long term implications. I hear you by the way on Trent protecting RGIII but if there is any doubt on Williams you sit him IMO - if he sits you protect RGIII by running it a lot amd calling quick passes to get the ball out of his hand.

@john_keim

Ok, chris chester is back but not doing full team work. Same with trent williams. Jordan black at LT. #redskins

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 03:56 PM ----------

@ZacBoyer

#Redskins NT Chris Neild down in the end zone getting his left knee looked at.

Not winning is clearly the #1, IMO.

Aside from that, I can only think that 'traditional' unis/logo would be #2. But, unless you were born into it with family, I can't see why mid-twenty & under-somethings would be drawn to the Skins...

I got into them because they are on the TV weekly. If it were the Ravens, then i'd probs be a Ravens fan (or any other team)

FYI - I wholeheartedly agree...I was simply reaching for another reason other than winning/losing. OTOH, little brothers of friends of mine (we're talking like 6 and 7 years old) have picked their favorite teams based on cool logos, a single player, the team's colors, etc. It's not that out of the question...

Believe it or not, that is actually how I became a Yankees fan when I was 5. Dad tried to get me into the Orioles like he was but I saw them playing the Yankees and just loved the navy blue and white NY logo.

Plus I thought the Orioles bird was dumb and reminded me of the Cardinals. He wasn't too thrilled but it stuck and was then further cemented once i started 1st grade and everybody on the bus was a bunch of huge rednecks and all loved the Braves...I was proud to be opposite of them.

Kind of sucks though because everybody just thinks I hopped on the bandwagon once the mid late 90s came around but oh well.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins NT Chris Neild up and jogging in the end zone.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

NFL Bits ‏@NFLBits

Redskins | Roy Helu misses practice http://bit.ly/PkgZWO

Redskins Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB Rex Grossman hits TE Logan Paulsen in stride down the middle for a long touchdown catch and run. #skinscamp

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikElBashir

#Redskins NT Chris Neild just had an ice pack wrapped on left knee. Has been sideline much of practice.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:12 PM ----------

Chris Cooley said @RGIII reminds him of Sean Taylor in that neither player ever looked/acted like a rookie.

Hope it works...seems like a good way to break a finger..

We did this when I played football in high school, catching footballs and tennis balls. It really does help with hand speed and cooordination so hopefully we see some good benefits from Brandon. We also had a jerk of an assistant coach and we would absolutely verbally abuse you anytime you dropped a ball, it was bad. We often considered tying him up to a pole and turning the machine on right at his forehead...hopefully, no such feelings are in play here.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

#Redskins NT Chris Neild just had an ice pack wrapped on left knee. Has been sideline much of practice.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:12 PM ----------

Chris Cooley said @RGIII reminds him of Sean Taylor in that neither player ever looked/acted like a rookie.

I welcome any football related comparisons to Sean.

Believe it or not, that is actually how I became a Yankees fan when I was 5. Dad tried to get me into the Orioles like he was but I saw them playing the Yankees and just loved the navy blue and white NY logo.

Plus I thought the Orioles bird was dumb and reminded me of the Cardinals. He wasn't too thrilled but it stuck and was then further cemented once i started 1st grade and everybody on the bus was a bunch of huge rednecks and all loved the Braves...I was proud to be opposite of them.

Kind of sucks though because everybody just thinks I hopped on the bandwagon once the mid late 90s came around but oh well.

I don't think that. I'm a Yankee fan too, but if the Senators hadn't left DC, I'd be a Senators fan. Sadly, I saw a few games they played, then they left. I left the DC area not long after that and moved to Long Island for a few years. During that time we went to see the Yankees a fair amount and that stuck. Luckily, I was already a Skins fan at that point, so despite being surrounded by Jets and Gints fans, I didn't change.

I don't think that. I'm a Yankee fan too, but if the Senators hadn't left DC, I'd be a Senators fan. Sadly, I saw a few games they played, then they left. I left the DC area not long after that and moved to Long Island for a few years. During that time we went to see the Yankees a fair amount and that stuck. Luckily, I was already a Skins fan at that point, so despite being surrounded by Jets and Gints fans, I didn't change.

A good man you are sir, :cheers:

In latest kicking battle, Rackers was 9 for 9. Gano was 5 for 9 with misses from 32, 49, 53 and 57. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:22 PM ----------

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

A 'Steiger sighting. No. 78 working on some agility drills off to the side. His target for return is opening day.

In latest kicking battle, Rackers was 9 for 9. Gano was 5 for 9 with misses from 32, 49, 53 and 57. #Redskins

Well that'll tip the scales!!!! LOL. Anyway, I hope we have some FG opportunities in this next game so they can hash out a little on the field. Rackers SHOULD win, but you just never know.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' kickers have tried additional field goals. Gano made one on a fourth down a moment ago. But in drill, Gano 21-28, Rackers 25-28.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Kickers tested in red zone situations during full team drills. Gano makes first FG from 43, Rackers follow up 32, good.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:29 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins offense comes up short on first time through red zone drills, but kickers nail first three kicks: 43 (4), 32 (1), 37 (4).

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Monday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 2: Offensive linemen http://redsk.in/Nyukcz

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Monday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 3: Quarterbacks and wide receivers http://redsk.in/NyuEbf

Franchise removal's the worst thing that goes on in pro sports imo. At least the Browns did it the right way, if there is such a thing, so Cleveland fans eventually got their historical team back.

Gotta give Ravens fans a break though, the older ones had the Baltimore Colts taken from them in the middle of the night.

Does anyone have any idea where Willie Smith and the guy Lee we signed earlier in the year are? Are they out there? Cause I can't really fathom having Jordan Black playing LT for us as the 1st backup. I honestly want no part of this reclamation project and wonder what the heck is going on with Willie a guy who performed admirably as an undrafted FA, playing significant minutes.

Anyone see anything while out at camp?

Archived