Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/13: Training Camp Tweets (what-not galore)

I also love about Ravens fans (once I start it's hard for me to stop ripping them) is that they make jokes and call Roethlisberger "Rapistberger", but he was NEVER conivted of anything. However, if you say anything about Ray Lewis, who was convicted of obstruction of justice in relation to a MURDER, they lose their minds.

But, unless you were born into it with family, I can't see why mid-twenty & under-somethings would be drawn to the Skins...

I don't get that. Don't kids root for the local teams naturally? When I was growing up, we were all naturally fans of the local teams unless we had ties to out-of-state teams. During my youth in this area, that meant the Skins, O's, Bullets, and Caps. Only the Skins were a championship team during my formative years but I followed all the teams pretty closely (and still follow the Skins and O's religiously).

I suppose with so much more exposure, the Internet, etc. it's easy to just adopt another team, but I would still hope that most kids grow up rooting for the local sports teams.

Not winning is clearly the #1, IMO.

Aside from that, I can only think that 'traditional' unis/logo would be #2. But, unless you were born into it with family, I can't see why mid-twenty & under-somethings would be drawn to the Skins...

It is lack of winning, Regardless of how cool a new logo or untiform would be, you will never get the younger fans with decades of a losing record. My poor daughter has been stuck wearing the gear to school for years and never seen a winning record. I really did not give her a choice and she is as big of a fan at 12 as there is out there!

With a dymamic young player like RG3, mix in a few wins and the younger fans will start to take notice. (not just old farts like me)

...Chris Cooley said he currently weighs 245 pounds."

Didn't he show up ths summer weighing the lightest he has in several years (I think it was < 220)? If so, dude has been packing it on in a short amount of time.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein

#Redskins Training Camp Day 13 Morning w audio from Cooley, Jenkins, Banks, Crawford, Morris http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/13/redskins-training-camp-day-13-morning-cooley-jenkins-banks-crawford-morris/

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Jarvis Jenkins described playing in his first game in 12 months as "a kid waiting to go play at recess." I always enjoy a good analogy.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

#Redskins CB/PR @Rich_Crawford6 on @ESPNRadio980 says "I'm fine," about his jammed finger.

All we on the west coast know about Baltimore is what we learned from The Wire--that it's filled with alcoholics/addicts, crack hos, crooked cops, criminals, psychopaths, and really stupid dysfunctional people who are unwilling get a decent job and work hard to support themselves or their family. They just sell dope, inform to the cops, or take bribes (if a relative hooked them up with a gig for the city) if they "work" at all. And then this would be the fan base for the ravens. Is this not correct?

:D

(joking joking :))

I don't get that. Don't kids root for the local teams naturally? When I was growing up, we were all naturally fans of the local teams unless we had ties to out-of-state teams. During my youth in this area, that meant the Skins, O's, Bullets, and Caps. Only the Skins were a championship team during my formative years but I followed all the teams pretty closely (and still follow the Skins and O's religiously).

I suppose with so much more exposure, the Internet, etc. it's easy to just adopt another team, but I would still hope that most kids grow up rooting for the local sports teams.

I suppose I forgot to include that point in my post. Yeah, the local aspect is valid as well...although I would argue just from my own experiences that it may not necessarily be the case as much anymore. Plenty of native Virginian's I know have always 'disliked' the skins, and the O's/Wiz for that matter. I always thought it was odd because, like you said, I naturally gravitated towards local. Perhaps with advances in technology, other choices seem more viable...

All we on the west coast know about Baltimore is what we learned from The Wire--that it's filled with alcoholics/addicts, crack hos, crooked cops, criminals, psychopaths, and really stupid dysfunctional people who are unwilling get a decent job and work hard to support themselves or their family. They just sell dope, inform to the cops, or take bribes (if a relative hooked them up with a gig for the city) if they "work" at all. And then this would be the fan base for the ravens. Is this not correct?

Nope, that's the truth lol. Only place in the country as bad as Philly.

This fake Redskins/Ravens rivalry still cracks me up. They should be more concerned with the Steelers but I guess since they constantly fail at doing so, they feel the need to poke at us instead. I can't make a sweeping generalization regarding all Baltimore fans because Orioles/Redskins fans do exist but that city has major insecurity issues and it makes me laugh hysterically. :ols:

It's pretty interesting to listen to northern virginians talk about persons from Baltimore and Maryland, but it needs to stop. DC is comprised entirely of land annexed from Maryland and the majority of it is surrounded by Maryland. Not to mention the owner is from Maryland and the stadium is in Maryland. Obviously, DC and the Skins have many connections to Virginia, too. As for the Ravens, they have obnoxious fans just like every other fan base. We have some ignorant fans too. As for the city of Baltimore, it's not a dumb city or necessarily blue collar city. This is the home of Johns Hopkins, the UMD professional schools, Social Security, CMS, and a number of other highly regarded organizations. So, if you want to hate on Baltimore fans, fine, but leave the city alone. There's skins fans here, too.

Not winning is clearly the #1, IMO.

Aside from that, I can only think that 'traditional' unis/logo would be #2. But, unless you were born into it with family, I can't see why mid-twenty & under-somethings would be drawn to the Skins...

Huh? As opposed to some of the horrid looking uniforms that have come out recently. Unless you're a girl I dont see it being a reason to follow a team in the first place.

Well, unlike the Steelers, they have never been multigenerational losers.

The Steelers have won 2 SB's since the Cleveland Brow......sorry, Baltimore Ravens had their one and done. And have 6 SB tropies in their trophy case. That is a very weak argument, especially when the Steelers have had the better of it in head to head meetings as well.

Richard Crawford said he was nervous on his 1st play vs #Bills. He blitzed & got hit up high by an offensive tackle. Was "fine after that."

Jarvis Jenkins described playing in his first game in 12 months as "a kid waiting to go play at recess." I always enjoy a good analogy.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

Armstrong: 'I'm ready to go' #Redskins #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/MTPl6Z

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 10:25 AM ----------

Alfred Morris on what he needs to work on: "I want to get some more action in the passing game, get some catches under my belt." #Redskins

Alfred Morris said his 2 goals for the first preseason game were to not have any mental mistakes and to have fun. Said he accomplished both.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 10:27 AM ----------

10375__bunk_l.jpg

Huh? As opposed to some of the horrid looking uniforms that have come out recently. Unless you're a girl I dont see it being a reason to follow a team in the first place.

The Steelers have won 2 SB's since the Cleveland Brow......sorry, Baltimore Ravens had their one and done. And have 6 SB tropies in their trophy case. That is a very weak argument, especially when the Steelers have had the better of it in head to head meetings as well.

So?

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Injured #Redskins linemen take part in morning walk-through. http://wapo.st/MXiZ5p

Today and tomorrow will be the last opportunities for fans to watch camp practices at #Redskins Park. Today at 3 pm and tomorrow at 1 pm.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 10:33 AM ----------

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikElBashir

OL Chris Campbell said he was 355 lbs. in May. Listed on #Redskins roster at 328.

FYI - I wholeheartedly agree...I was simply reaching for another reason other than winning/losing. OTOH, little brothers of friends of mine (we're talking like 6 and 7 years old) have picked their favorite teams based on cool logos, a single player, the team's colors, etc. It's not that out of the question...

Bleacher Report NFL ‏@BR_NFL

"NFL Preaseason 2012: Report-Card Grades for All 1st-Round Rookies After Week 1" by @BaxFootballGuru -- http://ow.ly/cVMxc

We may be hearing plenty about the Griffin-to-Pierre Garcon combination in the nation’s capital this season, as the Heisman Trophy winner and former Colts wideout combined for the game’s only touchdown in a 7-6 win at Buffalo.

Griffin’s first two series featured an incompletion, a 12-yard connection to Leonard Hankerson and a lost fumble.

But he looked confident and went out on a high note, completing three passes for 58 yards (all to Garcon) on his team’s eight-play, 80-yard scoring drive.

GRADE: A-

"Chris Campbell, Eastern Illinois, 6’5”, 328lbs. *Pro day Stats: 5.28 40yd time, 1.77 10yd time, 4,14 20yd shuttle, 8.08 3-cone, 25” vertical, 14 reps@225lbs, and a 8’0” broad jump.*Ranked 18 out of 96 *Wide receivers by NFLDraftScout.com.

Not to toot my own horn... but I can do more than 14 reps and I don't even weigh 200lbs... I hope that's improved.

Archived