Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/13: Training Camp Tweets (what-not galore)

This quote by Robert had me rolling

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/13/redskins-griffin-garcon-develop-a-bond/

“You could say Pierre reminds me of Kendall,” Griffin said. “Just their attitude, they’re so competitive. Pierre doesn’t want to let anybody beat him in anything — tic-tac-toe, jacks, it doesn’t matter what it is. He just wants to win.”

Agreed. RGIII has a sense of humor - fans need to learn to roll with it.

Personally, and in know way do I mean to brag, but I make it a point to go actually listen to whatever quote I read that came off to me as, in whatever way, negative. So much is lost from body language to tone that really changes the whole dynamic of the actual quote. I always get super annoyed when so many on ES respond to a quote they perceived wrongly. Just a couple of seconds would save them the disturbance generated in their mind due to what they've read, lol. The worst thing about it is that their response leads to others believing their perception of the quote.

Bull****. What happened to Baltimore was wrong, but it's not like they were selling out Memorial Stadium at the time either. it was more like 2/3 full. But it was wrong. So it's ok for them to do the same thing, except to a fanbase that is as good as any in pro sports, when they know what it was like to have it happen to them? Bull****. They should know NOT to do it. I was a Colts fan. I watched the Mayflower trucks driving out that night on the News. And I know what they did to Cleveland was bull****.

Quite frankly, not very many teams were selling out stadiums in the late 70s and early 80s. Us and Denver were about the only teams that could maintain a sellout streak. Even teams like the Raiders, Cowboys and Steelers weren't selling out every single home game. That is kind of a myth when talking about Baltimore not supporting the Colts. The Colts had a very rabid fanbase much like we have. But in the early 80s, Irsay Sr. kept threatening the city to move if he didn't get a new stadium. So the fans figured the Colts were leaving sooner rather than later, so they stopped going to games to spite Irsay. Not because they didn't like or didn't want to support their team. Plus, the team was god-awful and the year before they moved, Elway spurned them. The city wouldn't budge, the owner wouldn't concede and Elway didn't want anything to do with them. The fans knew the writing was on the wall. Then, the worst thing was, trying to sneak out in the middle of the night. Irsay was a coward.

Quite frankly, not very many teams were selling out stadiums in the late 70s and early 80s. Us and Denver were about the only teams that could maintain a sellout streak. Even teams like the Raiders, Cowboys and Steelers weren't selling out every single home game. That is kind of a myth when talking about Baltimore not supporting the Colts. The Colts had a very rabid fanbase much like we have. But in the early 80s, Irsay Sr. kept threatening the city to move if he didn't get a new stadium. So the fans figured the Colts were leaving sooner rather than later, so they stopped going to games to spite Irsay. Not because they didn't like or didn't want to support their team. Plus, the team was god-awful and the year before they moved, Elway spurned them. The city wouldn't budge, the owner wouldn't concede and Elway didn't want anything to do with them. The fans knew the writing was on the wall. Then, the worst thing was, trying to sneak out in the middle of the night. Irsay was a coward.

The Browns had 1 winning season out of the six before they were stolen and were not very good either. And Art Modell was playing the sadium game with the city as well, and the old Cleveland stadium wasnt in the best location or in great shape either. The difference? Try getting a ticket to a Browns game back then. Very similar situations, except the Browns were continually supported by their fans and Baltimore wasnt doing it to the same extent. As I said, I watched the Mayfower trucks roll out in the snow. I was also a Colts fan. Would I wish that on a fanbase that supported it's team more than Baltimore was? That's hypocritical IMO.

I'm good with just watching them kick extra points personally .....

In the regular season sure, but we're still in preseason so I'd like to have some competition between them in games. And let's be honest, we need a clutch field goal at least once EVER year. This is important.

In the regular season sure, but we're still in preseason so I'd like to have some competition between them in games. And let's be honest, we need a clutch field goal at least once EVER year. This is important.

I understand and agree, I was just joking around.

Archived