Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/13: Training Camp Tweets (what-not galore)

80th Anniversary Unis In Madden NFL 13

griffin-iii-madden1.jpg

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

SBNation DC ‏@sbnationdc

Redskins Training Camp 2012: Alfred Morris Could Compete For Starting Tailback Job http://sbn.to/NxYr3Y

Morris rushed for a team-high 54 yards on 15 carries in the preseason-opening, 7-6 win at Buffalo. Hightower was held out with a knee injury and fellow backs Roy Helu and Evan Royster combined for 38 yards.

Morris played in the second quarter and remained in the backfield for the rest of the game.

Hightower’s injury and the nondescript performance of Helu and Royster gives Morris, though a long shot, the opportunity to compete for the starting tailback job.

“He’s got that forward lane, he’s got good instincts,” Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said after Saturday’s practice. “It’s going to be fun to see him play over the next three games. See if he still plays at a high level, but I anticipate he will.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-training-camp-alfred-morris-is-a-typical-rookie-only-after-practice/2012/08/12/9b04ecf4-e42a-11e1-a25e-15067bb31849_story.html

That Harbaugh quote makes me sick. The Ravens have done everything they can to take the MD fan base away and with the younger fans they have succeeded. There are also a lot of former Redskin "fans" who got tired of losing and switched to Baltimore. Sad.

I made the Ravens my AFC team for the first few years they were here but the rabid hatred for the Redskins by raven fans has ruined that for me.

I can respect the Ravens team and players, but most fans rub me the wrong way. HTTR

That Harbaugh quote makes me sick. The Ravens have done everything they can to take the MD fan base away and with the younger fans they have succeeded. There are also a lot of former Redskin "fans" who got tired of losing and switched to Baltimore. Sad.

I made the Ravens my AFC team for the first few years they were here but the rabid hatred for the Redskins by raven fans has ruined that for me.

No, the Redskins have done everything possible to push away the younger fan base. The Ravens are just one of the beneficiaries

I've found on most occasions the Ravens fans I'm friends with, which unfortunately is a lot, talk more **** about the Skins than any COwboys, Giants or Eagles fans except for when we play those respective teams. THe Ravens as a team and org. I respect the hell out of. However, bc of their fans irrational hatred towards the Skins and constant **** talking I could never root for them. I ask them all the time why the hate the Skins so much when our reg. season success has no bearing on one another, and shockingly they NEVER have an answer other than bc "they suck." **** 'em

I've found on most occasions the Ravens fans I'm friends with, which unfortunately is a lot, talk more **** about the Skins than any COwboys, Giants or Eagles fans except for when we play those respective teams. THe Ravens as a team and org. I respect the hell out of. However, bc of their fans irrational hatred towards the Skins and constant **** talking I could never root for them. I ask them all the time why the hate the Skins so much when our reg. season success has no bearing on one another, and shockingly they NEVER have an answer other than bc "they suck." **** 'em

So much truth in this post, I could swear the hate is as if the Redskins cheated the Ravens in a SB that we all missed

Winner: Adam Gettis

With Chris Chester injured, Adam Gettis got the call to start at right guard, and he did not disappoint. He was a factor in both the running and passing game against a good Bills defense.

Loser: Erik Cook

Erik Cook might have cost himself a roster spot against the Bills with his sloppy play. He never seemed to get his footing and drew two holding penalties in his short time with the backups. With Adam Gettis and Josh LeRibeus waiting to step in, Cook might just find himself on waivers before the end of preseason.[/Quote]

If I remember correctly, Cook was partly responsible for allowing a block a field goal in the game against the Seahawks last year.

I will never be a Ravens Fan. First, most of the fans are loudmouth idiots. Second, and maybe more importantly, The way the Ravens came to be is something that will NEVER sit well with me. If there was a city that ought to know what it feels like to have a team stolen from them, it's Baltimore. And it's not like they dont go out of their way to remind folks about the Colts leaving. But then, its not like they were doing alot of supporting of the team either. But then, they go and STEAL a team that had as a devoted bunch of fans as any in pro sports and think it's ok. **** them. Add to that, I personally dont like most of their star players because they come off as loudmouth, ****y jackasses. So no, they will not be my AFC team. They will be my AFC version of the Cowboys however.

I will never be a Ravens Fan. First, most of the fans are loudmouth idiots. Second, and maybe more importantly, The way the Ravens came to be is something that will NEVER sit well with me. If there was a city that ought to know what it feels like to have a team stolen from them, it's Baltimore. And it's not like they dont go out of their way to remind folks about the Colts leaving. But then, its not like they were doing alot of supporting of the team either. But then, they go and STEAL a team that had as a devoted bunch of fans as any in pro sports and think it's ok. **** them. Add to that, I personally dont like most of their star players because they come off as loudmouth, ****y jackasses. So no, they will not be my AFC team. They will be my AFC version of the Cowboys however.

And add in the part where their star player should not have been playing anytime since 2000 and should be in jail. And that they won one SB in a down year for the league with only their D. They still talk like they are the defending champions and that they have won SBs on a regular basis, when really they haven't done a whole lot since then.Yeah, they win a lot of games and choke in the playoffs. That's better than us to be sure, but they still aren't the Steelers or something like they think they are....

And add in the part where their star player should not have been playing anytime since 2000 and should be in jail. And that they won one SB in a down year for the league with only their D. They still talk like they are the defending champions and that they have won SBs on a regular basis, when really they haven't done a whole lot since then.Yeah, they win a lot of games and choke in the playoffs. That's better than us to be sure, but they still aren't the Steelers or something like they think they are....

They are better than the Steelers, haven't you heard?;)

This is entirely due to how Baltimorons have a chip on their shoulders about living in an inferior city.

People in and around DC consider Baltimore a fun day trip to the aquarium, or a nice option for a night out to dinner.

For their part, people in Baltimore just despise Washington. They take on a "blue collar" attitude and regard Washington as full of wealthy snobs, etc.

They feel like the red-headed step-child of the I-95 corridor, and it results in a debilitating inferiority complex that clouds everything else.

From their point of view, Washington is to Baltimore as New York is to Philly.

It's a shame -- I actually like taking my family up to visit Baltimore every once in a while,. Awesome aquarium, cool bars, and good food. But no way in hell do I bother talking sports with any of the locals.

I'm curious. What have the Skins done (besides not winning) that has pushed away younger fans?

Not winning is clearly the #1, IMO.

Aside from that, I can only think that 'traditional' unis/logo would be #2. But, unless you were born into it with family, I can't see why mid-twenty & under-somethings would be drawn to the Skins...

John Keim ‏@john_keim

TE Chris Cooley on #RG3: "I've never seen doubt on that kid's mind. From day 1, he stepped in and said, 'I'm here to win games.' "

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Following up from this morning: Chris Cooley said he currently weighs 245 pounds. @GlassJoeJP @EBJunkies @moneymetalcakes

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Chris Cooley on playing FB: "I'm really comfortable w/ the responsibilities and they do correlate pretty closely to the [2nd TE] position."

This is entirely due to how Baltimorons have a chip on their shoulders about living in an inferior city.

People in and around DC consider Baltimore a fun day trip to the aquarium, or a nice option for a night out to dinner.

For their part, people in Baltimore just despise Washington. They take on a "blue collar" attitude and regard Washington as full of wealthy snobs, etc.

They feel like the red-headed step-child of the I-95 corridor, and it results in a debilitating inferiority complex that clouds everything else.

From their point of view, Washington is to Baltimore as New York is to Philly.

It's a shame -- I actually like taking my family up to visit Baltimore every once in a while,. Awesome aquarium, cool bars, and good food. But no way in hell do I bother talking sports with any of the locals.

I do like going to Baltimore a couple times per year to either watch the O's at Camden Yards or go to the Inner Harbor. But, if the city itself ceased to exist, I'd be just fine with it. Overall I really don't like much about Maryland at all. I also think "their point of view" is pretty accurate. Washington IS rich and white collar compared to the Baltimore and I'm proud of that as someone who lives in the suburbs of DC.

Archived