Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chase Minnifield Waive: Per Redskins twitter

soljaofjesus

CB Chase Minnifield suffered some sort of "setback" with his injured knee during the offseason, Minnifield's agent says.

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/statuses/227872001317023745

He'll be out for the year. Hopefully he clears waivers and gets a shot next year.

Well, that explains it.

Hopefully, he'll be all right for next year, and won't be another Malcolm Kelly.

He should clear waivers. No one will bother picking up an injured player.

This is a tad bit disappointing, but I'm thinking we're just assuming he'll clear waivers. Maybe this says that we never intended to have him play this year (obviously) and that we really just wanted to get a look at him during mini-camp to see if he was worth stashing away for a year. This may have been the intention all along.

CB Chase Minnifield suffered some sort of "setback" with his injured knee during the offseason, Minnifield's agent says.

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/statuses/227872001317023745

He'll be out for the year. Hopefully he clears waivers and gets a shot next year.

Welp, there goes my genius theory.

I'm confused. How could so many experts and homers have been so wrong?

I refuse to believe this story. Must be some kind of mistake. Chase Is the best cb to ever play. Like, ever

This. Zoony gets it. It's not like he went undrafted or anything.

Oh...wait.

Let's all just be honest. We didn't want to see Kevin Barnes at nickle again. And, sadly, unless Griffin stays healthy, that's what we'll have. Maybe they actually will play Dhall inside and put Barnes outside.

Maybe it's just me, but the thought of Barnes at nickle again is worrisome. More so than an undrafted FA....somehow. The devil you don't know is better than the one you do I guess..

Well, that explains it.

Hopefully, he'll be all right for next year, and won't be another Malcolm Kelly.

He should clear waivers. No one will bother picking up an injured player.

He can't be another Comb because we didn't drop a 2nd round pick for him. I'm sure he's more disappointed than we are. Hopefully he takes the year to re-hab and comes back next year both hungry and healthy. Assuming other teams accept the reports that he's done for the year and he clears waivers.

WTF? A 6th yr player with 79 career tackles and 1 career Int? Only played 1 full season for any team? This guy is camp fodder, which makes me think signing him is a cover story to ensure Minnifield makes it to I.R..... Which makes me think this is a PS stash in disguise. Don't see any other way this move makes sense.

Maybe he just sucks.

Oh...wait.

Let's all just be honest. We didn't want to see Kevin Barnes at nickle again. And, sadly, unless Griffin stays healthy, that's what we'll have. Maybe they actually will play Dhall inside and put Barnes outside.

Maybe it's just me, but the thought of Barnes at nickle again is worrisome. More so than an undrafted FA....somehow. The devil you don't know is better than the one you do I guess..

Grass is always greener on ES.

Don't forget majority of this site thought beck would be better than Rex.

Hopefully New England isn't looking to snag a corner...

If he turns into another Malcolm Kelly I'm going to be really sad. I mean, we didn't spend anything on him, but it'd be nice to find an undrafted player who rocks one of these days. Cowboys have Romo sits to pee, Giants have Cruz, Philadelphia HAD Jason Peters before his injury. *sigh* One of these years.

For the secondary, I'm still hoping that either Barnes or Griffin turns into a decent outside corner, and that we can slide DHall inside whenever we go to the nickel package.

Oh...wait.

There will be several different looks obviously - but i think we will see D-Hall on the inside more - than you got Wilson, and Cedrick Griffin on the outsides. We are one hamstring away from major issues though -

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

Grass is always greener on ES.

Don't forget majority of this site thought beck would be better than Rex.

HOPED he would be better - it was knowing one guy sucks vs. hoping the other guy wouldnt. God that was an awful time.

Disappointing to say the least, really just kinda dejected right now. I really thought we really got a steal here but there's obviously some things that are not readily apparent to us, his chance of success just became a longer of a shot.

Archived