Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chase Minnifield Waive: Per Redskins twitter

soljaofjesus

Lmao everyone on this forum was treating him like he was going to be the next Revis

Apparently he wasn't cut because he sucked...he was cut because that's the procedure before you can put someone on IR. Chase had a "setback" with his knee.

He could still be the next Revis for all we know...this really doesn't say anything about anything except he's unable to play this year.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

so how long does it take to clear waivers? if he clears and we dont stash him on ir then you have your answer.

True...takes 24 hours, I think? I always thought other teams had one day to claim a player off of waivers.

Not sure if this was posted so here we go on some details...

Minnifield underwent another procedure on his knee following the Redskins minicamp in mid-June, his agent Brad Blank said. He originally had microfracture surgery in January, causing him to go undrafted. Most experts and numerous scouts rated him as a second- or third-round pick if healthy. But the fear with microfracture surgery is the likelihood of further injury.

“He got hurt when he was there a few weeks ago,” Blank said. “It definitely happened on the field; it’s not like it happened on his own time….Once he got hurt reality set in. I’m not surprised and he’s not surprised [by the release].”

so how long does it take to clear waivers? if he clears and we dont stash him on ir then you have your answer.

24 hours. I think.

Tough break, but that's business. Hope he clears waivers, but tip from a wrestling fan who has heard this time and time again; anytime any athlete has to "take a visit to Alabama", that means they're taking a visit to Dr. James Andrews. Probably one of the best orthopedic surgeons for athletes out there...but also a sign that "**** has gotten real" whenever athletes go and see him. Couldn't justify putting him on PUP and not having that extra guy out there on the field during training camp, I guess.

I will say, if the medical on him is bad enough, he should clear waivers. Should.

There will be several different looks obviously - but i think we will see D-Hall on the inside more - than you got Wilson, and Cedrick Griffin on the outsides. We are one hamstring away from major issues though -

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

HOPED he would be better - it was knowing one guy sucks vs. hoping the other guy wouldnt. God that was an awful time.

Every single team is one hamstring away from trouble. You don't find Kevin Barnes as a capable 4th stringer?

Well, when the coaches themselves are mancrushing on the guy and thanking the football gods that he fell into their lap, I think it validates investing some optimism into the player.

Thank you. I was just now reading through these last couple pages and was asking myself "what the hell, did everyone forget how happy our coaches were with him as well as how all of the practices open to the media ended in universal praise for the kid?"

And yes, that entire question went through my head as exactly written.

Why is there always a rush to laugh and point in some asinine sense of vindication when something doesn't work out as others hoped on here?

One would think the best thing for every Redskin fan to be hoping is nobody takes a flyer on him and he can rehab a full year here and let's look again this time next year when he's hopefully healthy. Not as if we have a stellar group of corners to pick from to begin with.

The internet really does bring out the ubber ridiculous in people.

Hail.

I'm confused. How could so many experts and homers have been so wrong?

I refuse to believe this story. Must be some kind of mistake. Chase Is the best cb to ever play. Like, ever

This post would be great if it weren't for the whole injury angle. Unfortunately, if Minnifield was waived because of his knee then this post isn't even relevant.

Try again with ES' next offseason crush, odds are you'll be dead-on accurate.

Why is there always a rush to laugh and point in some asinine sense of vindication when something doesn't work out as others hoped on here?

One would think the best thing for every Redskin fan to be hoping is nobody takes a flyer on him and he can rehab a full year here and let's look again this time next year when he's hopefully healthy. Not as if we have a stellar group of corners to pick from to begin with.

Hail.

Because those guys like to smugly look down on the people from their jaded as **** perspective. Most of these guys just never expect anything good to happen to the team ever, so it's actually validation when things go bad. "HA! I knew never getting my hopes up and being a party pooper would come in handy! You fools, you dared to do something like hope a player would break out and be a star! Don't you remember <insert name of any player who washed out here>. I KNOW better than to ever trust anyone making a good decision until it shows up on the field!".

It's easier for some guys to unilaterally dismiss anything good that happens and then pounce when something bad happens. Notice a lot of the guys that are laughing about this barely ever post until **** like this pops up.

Every single team is one hamstring away from trouble. You don't find Kevin Barnes as a capable 4th stringer?

Our secondary is very very shallow at depth...............not every single team is. Also, Barnes is potentially our day one starter at either nickel back or corner? I dont know what you mean about 4th stringer. We got Wilson on one corner, and D-Hall on inside or other corner. Barnes could beat Griffin out for that other spot that D-Hall isnt in. Sorry - but I think you are in the minority if you feel we are deep and stacked in the defensive backfield - it is well known that this is the weakness on our D. There is a difference between being the 4th best db on a team and being a 4th stringer?

Well, when the coaches themselves are mancrushing on the guy and thanking the football gods that he fell into their lap, I think it validates investing some optimism into the player.

Exactly.

I don't know why some are coming into this thread and behaving like jackasses at our disappointment.

Nobody put this guy on a pedestal. Many were just showing optimism at what the coaches were saying about him.

The same as with Jenkins.

I swear, you can't even be enthusiastic about the prospects of young player anymore here without someone running you down. :doh:

Lmao everyone on this forum was treating him like he was going to be the next Revis

Thats funny. I seem to remember people being excited about his potential and hoping the Redskins might have finally gotten a steal. Whats really funny though, is people who act like other fans are idiots because they hope a guy with potential can be a solid contributor to the team. Your comment is asinine and blatantly untrue. I "lmao" at you for acting like your intelligence and fanhood is greater than "everyone on this forum".

I think it's because he's not "technically" on the 53-man roster.

Ok, i guess i kind of get it. was Jarvis technically on the 53 last year when he was hurt? One of the reasons why im confused i guess.

My thinking is that maybe Chase didnt want IR and is hoping a team would PUP him so we gave him that chance...

Hail.

For every bowl of Cornflakes there's someone ready with milk and suger and someone else ready to piss in em. Tis the way of the world.

Ok, i guess i kind of get it. was Jarvis technically on the 53 last year when he was hurt? One of the reasons why im confused i guess.

My thinking is that maybe Chase didnt want IR and is hoping a team would PUP him so we gave him that chance...

It could be since Jarvis was a draft pick of ours and had a contract his situation is different, because he's signed. Whereas Minnifield was an Undrafted Free Agent so his contract structure may have stipulations.

Archived