Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

now.msn.com: Morgan Freeman says U.S. doesn't have black prez

Teller

In an interview with NPR' date=' Freeman expressed his opinion about Barack Obama's heritage, saying that he's not black enough to be America's first black president. "Barack had a mama and she was white, very white American, Kansas, middle of America," Freeman said. He later added, "America's first black president hasn't arisen yet ... [Obama] is America's first mixed-race president."

http://now.msn.com/entertainment/0706-morgan-freeman-president.aspx#scptm2

I like Mr. Freeman's work, but there's so much wrong with this simple statement, I don't even know where to start. What makes someone "very white?" Oh wait, apparently living in Kansas, or in the "middle of America." Being that I live on the east coast, I guess I can't be considered a racist anymore, because I'm not white enough.

I do appreciate his effort to save us all from the "republicans hate/stall/curse/distrust him because he's black" complaints though.

I do! And I'm so confused now! Am I attracted to Obama or not!? ARRRGGGHH!!!! :ols:

I know it's not a popular position with many, but I still favor the First Lady. :evilg: :D

(is that the kind of thing that will bring a visit from the SS?) :paranoid:

You just have an irresistible attraction to Negroes, don't you HH? :)

Classic penis envy? :pfft: :ols: :evilg: :D

Somehow I do feel like 'hog would be happier if he were part of the oppressed minority rather than the oppressed majority.

To be fair, Freeman's comment was in the context of discussing Donald Trump and birthers. He wasn't trying to disown Obama as black, but trying to remind people that half of Obama's family was white people from Kansas.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/07/morgan-freeman-obama-isnt-a-black-president.html

A big fat "who cares".

Silly thing to trifle over, all this race and all.

~Bang

I think we should have official rankings of overall worth by race. Like race x--1st place, race y--2nd place, race z--3rd place etc.

To be fair, Freeman's comment was in the context of discussing Donald Trump and birthers. He wasn't trying to disown Obama as black, but trying to remind people that half of Obama's family was white people from Kansas.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/07/morgan-freeman-obama-isnt-a-black-president.html

Why be fair? This is the Tailgate and it's an H_H thread. :silly:

It is interesting to hear Morgan Freeman say essentially the same thing that the old racists on Free Republic like to say all the time, :)

I think we should have official rankings of overall worth by race. Like race x--1st place, race y--2nd place, race z--3rd place etc.

We would have to be able to adjust this rating on a minute by minute basis.

We could then post it on the evening news right by the Stock reports,, Th Dow gained twelve points today while the Nasdaq stayed steady. Asians moved up 4 points on the blacks after Morgan Freeman kept it real. Whites gained moderately after Steve Nash signed with the Lakers, while Latinos moved slightly on speculation about Morgan Freeman's freckles.

~Bang

Trust me, if you were Obama's complexion 200 years ago in this country, you'd be picking cotton and or scared for your life.

Obama is the first black president, two black parents or not. None of us are midnight-purple black anymore so somewhere in our individual family history's we got some cream in our coffee. I knew a chick that was mad at me for saying I was black when I have a white mom. She claimed she was full-black even though she was lighter then me, because she had two black parents. What it was really about was she hated white people, which she later admitted.

Regardless, I'm going to wait and see what happens on this one. I'd rather Obama not address it, and see what the black community has to say (most I believe would feel Morgan Freeman is being ridiculous).

yeah but Mr. Freeman's voice is so rich and sonorous, if you had HEARD him say this instead of just read it, i bet you'd have agreed with him.

hahaha this is true.

---------- Post added July-6th-2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

Poor guy.

Liberals say he's not liberal.

Blacks say he's not black.

Christians say he's not Christian.

Americans say he's not American.

The poor guy's just homeless.

But is the leader of the free world. *Kanye shrug*

H_H great post. Mr. Freeman was raised in a different America than we youngins were. Considering his early life in a time where minorities were treated with less dignity than sewer rats, I think he has more insight on this topic than any of us. That is his opinion on the matter, I will take it at face value.

Mr. Freeman, please keep making Universe documentaries. They're awesome!!!!

We would have to be able to adjust this rating on a minute by minute basis.

We could then post it on the evening news right by the Stock reports,, Th Dow gained twelve points today while the Nasdaq stayed steady. Asians moved up 4 points on the blacks after Morgan Freeman kept it real. Whites gained moderately after Steve Nash signed with the Lakers, while Latinos moved slightly on speculation about Morgan Freeman's freckles.

~Bang

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks for bringing some humor to this before I stroked out.

Poor guy.

Liberals say he's not liberal.

Blacks say he's not black.

Christians say he's not Christian.

Americans say he's not American.

The poor guy's just homeless.

This issue is precisely why Childish Gambino's music resonates so deeply with me. Dude really understands that caught in the middle, outsider feeling a lot of us "blerds" have. Interestingly, this is what I was referring to earlier today.

This is kind of odd coming from a guy who's biracial himself and doesn't exactly talk or act stereotypically "Black" whatever that's supposed to mean. :mad: WTF?? I'd think after the experience of participating in that show he'd have learned that race is an artificial construct since none of us White, Black, Asian or anything else are "purebred".

Archived