Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

now.msn.com: Morgan Freeman says U.S. doesn't have black prez

Teller

he needs to worry more about himself, and not marrying his grand daughter

thats a good point, tbf lol.

In saying that, its an absurd statement because Obama is seen as black in America. Now are his policies positive for the Black community, ehhh.

---------- Post added July-6th-2012 at 07:23 PM ----------

Somehow I do feel like 'hog would be happier if he were part of the oppressed minority rather than the oppressed majority.

To be fair, Freeman's comment was in the context of discussing Donald Trump and birthers. He wasn't trying to disown Obama as black, but trying to remind people that half of Obama's family was white people from Kansas.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/07/morgan-freeman-obama-isnt-a-black-president.html

didnt see this, cheers.

I usually look at the context of a quote, but I was being very lazy. Thanks

I had no idea that your race depended on what state you're from.

7d9.gif

I can't say I'm surprised that some feel this way. Obama has always reminded me of Carlton Banks, who was one of the "whitest" black people in TV history. As a young white guy I can say it shouldn't matter all I want; but for somebody like Morgan Freeman, I can see why he views somebody like Obama, who has a white mom who grew up after the civil rights movement was already in full swing, as not quite as "black" as him. And since Mr. Freeman is God, knows the Batman, and chills with penguins, who are we to question him?

I would actually hope he isn't a black President, but rather a President who is black. Likewise, I dislike the thought of a Republican President or a Democratic President. The man in the Oval Office should represent everybody.

Mind you, I think our culture and history does inform our decision making process, but it shouldn't control it especially at the expense of other groups.

I just thought he was tan also.

Who knew ???

I hate, hate, hate when people try to diminish someone else in this type of situation. I would not ever care what complexion our President has, as long as he is pushing it forward for all of us.

Open your eyes people. All men are created equal. All women are equal except when it comes to a paycheck...which is ****ing stupid too.

Archived