Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

The truth is,that the Senate should not try to pass legislation with a slim majority (even 60).  I understand now that the GOP would never vote for a health care law that would harm their constituents.

By constituents I mean health insurance companies.

Even the health insurance lobby was against skinny repeal.

• Like 2

The opportunity once the Bill failed was for many more GOP Senators to denounce it and say "NO!"

They know it was a bad bill. They knew it was a hurtful bill. They knew the process by which they've done everything to this point is wrong."

Only three Republicans in the Senate did the right thing even after it was clear that the bill could not pass. McCain finally stood for his words. I'm relieved and glad. Others should have said no to even if to only signal that they were willing to begin an honest debate.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The truth is,that the Senate should not try to pass legislation with a slim majority (even 60).  I understand now that the GOP would never vote for a health care law that would harm their constituents.

By constituents I mean health insurance companies.

Even the health insurance lobby was against skinny repeal.

For the record; the healthcare industry and insurance lobby have been against EACH of the GOP "fixes". The GOP just wanted to strike at Obama and tear it down, but they forgot that eight years of ****ing and moaning about repeal and replace are not the same as actually coming up with a plan to replace it with.

They have an opportunity now to put together a REAL solution...I doubt they seize the opportunity.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

McCain redeemed himself after that MTP vote. Graham deserves a lot of scorn for his voting yes after all his talk about how terrible this bill was and that he didn't want it to become law. 

Ironically, Trump is going to look better to his supporters because of this. The Dems will now work with the GOP on the Senate side if the GOP wants to and Trump will tell

his supporters the exact narrative he has started to create: Obamacare is failing and that Dems had to come to the table.

Edited by Hersh

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The interesting situation going forward will be how Senate and house members will get treated by their home constituents. 

If they fix issues, they will all get re-elected. Unfortunately I think this simply becomes a campaign issue to just attempt to get more seats for a given political party rather than working for people and the country.

• Like 1

I think we are all assuming the Republicans don't just wait for McCain to die, get a replacement and try again.  Brain cancer is likely significantly lower his life expectancy and his ability to serve at all.  The republicans needing death to pass their healthcare law would seem a bit of fitting imagery, and naturally nobody will come out and say this.

11 minutes ago, gbear said:

I think we are all assuming the Republicans don't just wait for McCain to die, get a replacement and try again.  Brain cancer is likely significantly lower his life expectancy and his ability to serve at all.  The republicans needing death to pass their healthcare law would seem a bit of fitting imagery, and naturally nobody will come out and say this.

where would vote 50 come from?

Huckabee is going on about the 17th Amendment this AM.

How is taking the vote out of the hands of the people to pick their Senators anything less than big government? This AM has been about wanting to change the rules because they didn't win with the current ones. Weak.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

How is taking the vote out of the hands of the people to pick their Senators anything less than big government? This AM has been about wanting to change the rules because they didn't win with the current ones. Weak.

This is standard operating procedure for the GOP. It's certainly been going on here in NC for most of the last 7 years. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's what Republicans have been doing for decades. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, and so on are all methods that Republicans have used and continue to use. 

The control two maybe all three branches of our government and still can't govern. 

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Credit should go to Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

while i agree with the sentiment, i'm usually against passing out credit for doing the bare minimum 

even if you dislike the ACA, voting against last nights abomination should not have been a hard decision

the 48 who did should be shamed into damnation, specifically the Lindsey Graham's of the world who said it was bull**** and still voted for it

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Credit should go to Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

And obviously President Trump for using his precious time on watching TV, humiliating his attorney general and facilitating an in-staff civil war.

Its shocking that a closing message of "Steve Bannon sucks his own ****" and Reince is a "****ing paranoid schizophrenic" didn't work.

• Like 4