Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

6 hours ago, visionary said:

So what Trump is basically saying (regarding ceasing the cost sharing reduction payments) is that, out of pure spite for not getting his way, he is going to actively and intentionally harm untold numbers of mostly poor American citizens. Keeping in mind that many of those who would be harmed would likely be from areas with his highest support bases. 

I will give him this though...at least he is open and brazen about doing something that the GOP has been all about doing on the down low for decades. 

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Trump is just going to starve ACA to ensure its failure.

I don't think that is going to work politically. He would have to order payments to insurance companies to be stopped. 

Edited by Hersh

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't think this is going to work politically. 

I think it could be the one way to actually get his supporters to turn on him. He has many supporters in the areas that would be hit hardest by a temper tantrum decision to cease the cost sharing reduction payments. It would have an immediate and severe impact on them.

But let's be honest...he'd probably blame Obama and his supporters might very well still believe him (as they're going bankrupt from medical bills and dying of treatable cancers).

I also love how this idiot thinks that threatening the healthcare of staffers of Congresspeople and Senators (they would be the ones hardest hit by it) is going to somehow motivate them to help him or do what he says. That could be one of the few things that could actually bring Rs and Ds together right now. Now THAT would be an impressive feat. But remember, this is the same guy who somehow managed to make Obamacare popular. 

Edited by mistertim

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would mind if he somehow made congress have the same insurance as the average american.

Bet **** gets fixed quick then.

You don't see McCain rushing over to the VA for treatment after saving government run healthcare.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would mind if he somehow made congress have the same insurance as the average american.

Bet **** gets fixed quick then.

9 minutes ago, Weganator said:

You don't see McCain rushing over to the VA for treatment after saving government run healthcare.

What does this have to do with anything besides just being a low-minded, mush-mouthed Dank Meme talking point?

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What does this have to do with anything besides just being a low-minded, mush-mouthed Dank Meme talking point?

Well, Congress has the best healthcare plan in the country, and they don't pay for it. Would be nice for them to have to use the healthcare they require regular citizens to have. 

Now, does that mean they would fix it? Probably not because they all have enough money to buy the best helthcare and would still look at it like everything is fine. 

And wish they would just do their damned jobs and not play politics. But that just makes me naive.