Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Godfather of DC Go-Go, Chuck Brown, Passes Away....

CrypticVillain

:( I heard he was really sick a few weeks ago and his condition was getting worse.

Growing up in the 90s, I was kinda the newer generation gogo fan, but I've seen Chuck Brown live about 5 or 6 times. Had a blast every time. Such good music.

If and when they plan a tribute concert, I might have to fly home for it. That thing is gonna CRANK.

I was at the "Put ya Hands up" tribute to Chuck Brown show back in like 2003 @ the 930 club...and that was a party!!!

Wow, 231 views and only 13 replies in a thread on the passing of a DC icon/ legend who is one of the most influential persons in DC history?

I'm sure a lot of people acknowledge what he did for the city, but probably not a whole lot of gogo fans on this particular forum...there are some good gogo forums out there though...i'd give u some links but i'm not sure if that's against the rules here or not. PM me if u want.

byb @ the blackhole probably means nothing to a lot of folks here lol.

It was a shame to hear that he passed but then I thought about how awesome the drive home commute would be because Chuck was played non stop on most area stations. I'm going to miss him but his music and influence on music will live on. Rest in Peace and wind em' up CHUCK!

Archived