Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SBnation.com "Redskins Unveil Throwback Uniforms To Commemorate 80th Anniversary"

I like them a lot. They look exactly like old school replicas should. The helmet was cool too, instead of trying to make something up they go with the leather look. Pretty cool idea.

I would love to see some other alternative unis, but these are really cool looking old school uniforms.

Someone please help my moral crisis!!!!!!

I am boycotting nike for signing vick to another deal, BUT I really like these jerseys.....

Damn it...

Buy a rip-off from China for $19.99. They'll pop up eventually, and you won't be supporting Nike?

[quote name='joeski27']Here's a phenomenal photo of the helmet, and I must say they didn't just make it look "somewhat" like leather, this thing is ultra detailed. Its actually so detailed that most people watching on TV will never really know, even in HD:

[url]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1112246/Redskins_Helmet.jpg/url]

I think even if you aren't big on the uniform itself (I think its ok, not going gaga over it), you have to give credit to the helmet design and detail. No one has ever done this before, no doubt about it.[/QUOTE]

That is an amazing looking helmet. Gotta admit, the more I see it, the more I like the helmet. The detail in it is amazing. It really does look like leather.

Besides the helmet, which I think was pretty ingenious, yes it looks like Boston College. Ya know why? ..... wait for it..... because the Redskins actually came from Boston to DC. Taa Daa. Obviously they are not going to throw on the old leather helmets again but I think using the paint scheme that makes it look like leather was rather neat.

and finally some real effing GOLD pants.

Absolutely love them, with the helmet putting them over the top. That's just really neat, unique, and a great look. I'll be honest, I'd rather see this in the regular rotation then some futuristic Oregon type jersey or even some of our past combos like burgundy and burgundy

Here's a phenomenal photo of the helmet, and I must say they didn't just make it look "somewhat" like leather, this thing is ultra detailed. Its actually so detailed that most people watching on TV will never really know, even in HD:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1112246/Redskins_Helmet.jpg

I think even if you aren't big on the uniform itself (I think its ok, not going gaga over it), you have to give credit to the helmet design and detail. No one has ever done this before, no doubt about it.

Those are nice red pumps that Kerrigan is wearing in the closeup picture of the helmet!

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 12:14 AM ----------

If they are supposed to be throwback jerseys, why did Nike still put those God Awful stripes at the apex of the collar? They should have made it like the rest of the fabric so that it looks like a throwback, not a modern version of an old jersey...Thanks Nike!!

Because Boston College football is anathema to me, I am not particularly enamored of these unis. That being said, however, I find the detail of the helmet's design intriguing and look forward to seeing what they look like when the entire team wears them during the game.

Archived