Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SBnation.com "Redskins Unveil Throwback Uniforms To Commemorate 80th Anniversary"

good thing is now i can get a Baugh 33 jersey!!

This is a really good idea. I'm surprised nobody has thought of/mentioned it yet (including me!).

I do not buy many jerseys, but I might have to consider ordering one of those.

Love it! It looks darker than the other pics. Hail to the Redskins.

Yea I definitely like them better when they are in the light. The first few pics that got released inside I wasn't a big fan of but they are starting to grow on me the more pics I see

They look like the 1994 throwback jerseys.

NO, no they don't. I don't get the hate some of you guys are tossing around, I like the jersey much better than some teams throwbacks. And the helmet is the first of it's kind and really awesome looking. It is not as if they are wearing these every game either. And I would buy a jersey and just might.

NO, no they don't. I don't get the hate some of you guys are tossing around, I like the jersey much better than some teams throwbacks. And the helmet is the first of it's kind and really awesome looking. It is not as if they are wearing these every game either. And I would buy a jersey and just might.

I have the slightest clue how anyone could dislike these throwback uniforms. I think the Sammy Baugh era tends to get overshadowed by the Allen/Gibbs eras. These uniforms make me appreciate the deep roots of this franchise and in my opinion, they hit the nail on the head with these modern day adaptations of the uniforms worn at the time. The leather look of the helmet represents how the NFL once was and shows how far we've come.

Im curious how they decided on the new slogan "Team. Effort. Tradition."...... why not just go with "hail to the redskins"? If ur honoring team tradition isnt it counter intuitive to use a brand new slogan that nobody really associates with the team? Not to mention snyder's tenure as an owner doesnt exactly conjure up alot of images of team first, high effort players:whoknows:
I was wondering this as well. Was that sewn on the collar back in the 30s?

Yeah, I'm hoping these are only worn once & then stashed away as a memory to reflect on. They aren't "hideous" persay, but I'm not real fond of them.

Really tho, I'll be a huge fan of them if everytime they wear them, we win.

Do we know which games they are planning on wearing these throwbacks? Thanksgiving, I'll bet.

I have the slightest clue how anyone could dislike these throwback uniforms. I think the Sammy Baugh era tends to get overshadowed by the Allen/Gibbs eras. These uniforms make me appreciate the deep roots of this franchise and in my opinion, they hit the nail on the head with these modern day adaptations of the uniforms worn at the time. The leather look of the helmet represents how the NFL once was and shows how far we've come.

I can appreciate that. I do like the fact that it does look like the old style & the helmet is unique. I guess I'm just used to what we see every year.

Archived