Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SBnation.com "Redskins Unveil Throwback Uniforms To Commemorate 80th Anniversary"

I am fine with the new uni's. I like the thought behind them and will enjoy seeing the Skins wear them.

What really made me smile was seeing the picture of Rak and Kerrigan side by side wearing them in the WP. What a great pair of bookends we have.

I know its been asked, but I thought it was worth repeating again, hoping someone with inside knowledge will see this, but when and where will these be available? I need one like yesterday...can't figure out who to get though...debating going custom & get a LeRibs...

They should have had these ready to go and available for purchase the minute the new website and unveiling took place. They lost a lot of initial sales.

I'm getting a Baugh. The "33" will make it look like a true throwback.

Kinda reminds me of Boston College.

I'm not saying for sure, but it is possible that George Preston Marshall got his idea for our colors from BC.

Thank goodness he didn't call us the Eagles (who celebrate their 80th next year).

This is set up perfectly for me to buy an RG3 throwback jersey. I bought the black Capital logo Ovechkin jersey, which was the alternate his rookie year. Eventually I plan on buying a red one with the C on it. Hopefully RG3 will be a captain in a couple years too, so I can buy a white one with the C as well.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-450G6hHzHBI/T60Ua95WYMI/AAAAAAAAB_g/ncMeiyeXH3s/s1600/80th.jpg

I'm cool with the throwbacks and wish the colors they wore regularly matched the originally Sammy Baugh era. The numbering is nifty though I'd like to see plain white just to comparison.

I agree.. I think they should keep the color scheme going forward.. the only change i would make would be with the helmets.. Even if they stay brown, it needs a logo on it.. I hate plain helmets.

I like. I wish we would go back to the darker burgundy and the gold - not yellow, color scheme of the Sonny J. era.

Im curious how they decided on the new slogan "Team. Effort. Tradition."...... why not just go with "hail to the redskins"? If ur honoring team tradition isnt it counter intuitive to use a brand new slogan that nobody really associates with the team? Not to mention snyder's tenure as an owner doesnt exactly conjure up alot of images of team first, high effort players:whoknows:

At first they were going to go with "Team. Intensity. Tradition." until someone noticed the unfortunate acronym.

I like. I wish we would go back to the darker burgundy and the gold - not yellow, color scheme of the Sonny J. era.

At first they were going to go with "Team. Intensity. Tradition." until someone noticed the unfortunate acronym.

The 70th anniversary uniforms have the colors right. I wish the powers that be would make those the colors and incorporate them on the current uniforms.

I think the leather helmet is going to get A LOT of attention when they wear these. I would like to see an up close picture of the patch. Im looking forward to seeing the throwback fan gear

With the NFL dealing with the huge issue of concussions and the lawsuits from all the former players, the fake leather helmets may get more attention than the NFL bargained for.

The 70th anniversary uniforms have the colors right. I wish the powers that be would make those the colors and incorporate them on the current uniforms.

Yep. And I like the spear helmets too.

Well the acronym for "Team Effort Tradition" could be considered by some to be offensive. :)

The uniforms are awesome! I say this because they are so much better than the Steeler throw-backs. HTTR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8286147f/article/pittsburgh-steelers-unveil-throwback-uniforms.

Do the Steelers play the Eagles next year? Because if so and they both wear their throwbacks, it'll look like a Discovery Channel nature show on bees pollinating daffodils.\

Redman_original_crop_340x234.jpegeagles.preview.jpg

My bad I was mixing them up with 2006 versions, sorry.

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

NO, no they don't. I don't get the hate some of you guys are tossing around, I like the jersey much better than some teams throwbacks. And the helmet is the first of it's kind and really awesome looking. It is not as if they are wearing these every game either. And I would buy a jersey and just might.

Still don't get the hate though./

Archived