Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SBnation.com "Redskins Unveil Throwback Uniforms To Commemorate 80th Anniversary"

I personally love them, was never a fan of the 60's or 70's throwbacks, I like it real retro. First thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture was "Is that Luke Kuechly?" because built white guy and BC jersey.

Good move by whoever designs these, keeps it traditional and I love it. Going to use these so much on Madden 13 (Along with Griffin III obviously).

I think its strange the NFL is just now starting to embrace the throwback uniforms. NBA and MLB teams wear throwbacks all the time. But in the NFL, teams can only wear their throwbacks a couple times a year. Why is that? It doesn't make sense.

I think its strange the NFL is just now starting to embrace the throwback uniforms. NBA and MLB teams wear throwbacks all the time. But in the NFL, teams can only wear their throwbacks a couple times a year. Why is that? It doesn't make sense.

Cause whatever makes sense, the NFL usually goes the opposite way. Why? Because they can :doh:

Because you only have 8 games a season where you pick which uniform you wear...

I like the jerseys. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a Griffin one in the alternate or regular burgundy. I do wish the Skins would go to a darker burgundy jersey as their default, as it annoys me that the jersey doesn't match the color of the helmet.

It would be more accurate to say Boston College looks like the Skins throwbacks.

That is not Correct. they look like Boston College.

The Boston College Eagles football team represents Boston College in the sport of American football. The Eagles compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the (NCAA) and the (ACC). Begun in 1892 The school colors are Maroon and Gold. The fight song, "For Boston," was composed by T.J. Hurley, Class of 1885, and is America's oldest college fight song.

The Redskins begun in 1932

1933: Now led by Lone Star Dietz, a Native American Coach, the team moves to Fenway Park. With the move the team also undergoes a name change becoming the Boston Redskins.

I like the jerseys. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a Griffin one in the alternate or regular burgundy. I do wish the Skins would go to a darker burgundy jersey as their default, as it annoys me that the jersey doesn't match the color of the helmet.

Totally agree, and I'd be willing to bet 90% (at least) of Skins fans would prefer having true burgundy jerseys over the cherry-red ones we now have.

Archived