Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last time you went to Church???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I go every week at least once sometimes 2 or 3 times. My wife and I started attending a Lutheran (Miss. Synod) and we love it. The Independent Baptist church we were going to got WAY too liberal for our taste. We really like the liturgical style after 1 1/2 hours of listening to a rock and roll band every week. I like R&R but not the way they did it.

That's an interesting question on the whole funeral aspect. My question to you, what quiz did you take that said you were an agnostic atheist? Those are two completely different positions, even if they accidentally get lumped together terminology wise sometimes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought agnostics are still kinda waiting for "proof", while atheists reject the whole idea of their being a God, period.

Quiz:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

My result was actually Unitarian Universalism at 100% match, with Secular Humanism and Theravada Buddhism close behind.

I decided to read more about atheist versus agnostics, as I always considered myself an Agnostic...though I began to wonder if that was because the general population judges Atheists so strongly. From this test, and reading about Buddhism (as I found it funny to be a result), I learned that I am more Atheist than Agnostic. After reading the Agnostic Atheism piece on Wiki, that feels to suit me most. I'm still in between though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

Just wondering, as I recently took a "quiz" and am an Agnostic Athiest...but where do you athiests/non-believers plan to have a funeral? Someone earlier in the thread mentioneed they were a non-believer and only go to church for funerals. That made me think about my funeral, hopefully more than 60 years from now...but seeing as I don't practice a religion or believe in any one religion/God...having my funeral at a church would seem hypocritical.

Funeral Home. Or is that considered a church because of the Chapel? All the funerals I've ever been to were held at funeral homes then progressed to the cemetery.

Just wondering, as I recently took a "quiz" and am an Agnostic Athiest...but where do you athiests/non-believers plan to have a funeral? Someone earlier in the thread mentioneed they were a non-believer and only go to church for funerals. That made me think about my funeral, hopefully more than 60 years from now...but seeing as I don't practice a religion or believe in any one religion/God...having my funeral at a church would seem hypocritical.

Hmm, if I had my choice, I'd probably first have all my salvageable organs donated. Then cremation or maybe turned into a diamond. Either way, I don't want a body to bury. As for a service, I'd be content with people getting together at someone's house where they can drink and tell stories. I'm not big on the whole funeral service thing. Mourning death sucks, and is boring to the people who attend but weren't that close. I much prefer the Irish philosophy of celebrating life.

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:

1. Secular Humanism (100%)

2. Unitarian Universalism (97%)

3. Liberal Quakers (86%)

(pretty displeased with choices, however. but understand how difficult it is to individually tune--especially for the really odd ducks :))

Went to a wedding 2 years ago but not counting that over 10 years ago. My family used to go regularly but I remember the pastor saying something in his sermon that struck me the wrong way. I stopped going a few weeks later and haven't looked back. Absolutely no interest in going back.

Went to a wedding 2 years ago but not counting that over 10 years ago. My family used to go regularly but I remember the pastor saying something in his sermon that struck me the wrong way. I stopped going a few weeks later and haven't looked back. Absolutely no interest in going back.

Well, in fairness to him, you probably are going to hell.

I kid. :cheers:

I decided to read more about atheist versus agnostics, as I always considered myself an Agnostic...though I began to wonder if that was because the general population judges Atheists so strongly. From this test, and reading about Buddhism (as I found it funny to be a result), I learned that I am more Atheist than Agnostic. After reading the Agnostic Atheism piece on Wiki, that feels to suit me most. I'm still in between though.

As an open atheist, I can say that I really haven't noticed much judgment. I find being respectful of others' religions tends to lend to them being respectful of yours (or lack thereof). If not, then **** 'em.

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)

2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (94%)

3. Orthodox Quaker (91%)

well, at least is isn't Liberal Quaker .....they are strange ducks ;)

I'm 100% Roman Catholic, 100% Eastern Orthodox, and 89% Orthodox Quaker (no idea where that came from, but reading about it...sounds all right for the most part)

I was born and raised Roman Catholic (woo Catholic school from kindergarten to 12th grade) and still am. I pray a lot (like...a lot, a lot), but find it super hard to go to Church down here at school...though I'm not sure why cause it's only a 10/15 minute walk away, though I've been on the Holy Days. I go to Church almost every weekend when I'm home though. Now that I'm older, I actually like it and don't hate my parents for making me go :D

Edit: so last time I went was on Easter.

Edit 2: wtf I'm 22% Scientology??

Archived