Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last time you went to Church???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Speaking of strange ducks...quack!

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)

2. New Age (71%)

3. Mahayana Buddhism (70%)

I try to attend the local U.U. congregation here on the North Shore, but working 70+ hour weeks, usually Monday - Saturday, leaves me physically exhausted come Sunday. I would like to attend the First UU Church of New Orleans (they have a CUUPS chapter), but the hour drive each way just...bleh. So, I usually just do my own thing.

Easter. And before that, Christmas.

Not too religious, but I fail to understand how an hour out of the week makes me better in the eyes of God if he apparently loves all his children like they taught me in Sunday school.

Do unto others....the Golden Rule. I find that if I try to abide by that and lead a good life, I'm really fulfilled.

That...and church just always struck me as a fashion show/social/gossip gathering. I also get the feeling that people think they can do whatever they want during the week and as long as they get to church on Sunday, all is forgiven. I don't think it really works that way, but that's just me.

As an open atheist, I can say that I really haven't noticed much judgment. I find being respectful of others' religions tends to lend to them being respectful of yours (or lack thereof). If not, then **** 'em.

I agree with you here. Being a Christian I'm disappointed when I see other Christians rolling their eyes and/or attacking folks who adhere to other beliefs. I know there will always be aggressive types on all sides who feel a need to bash others but still, I think it's a shame and counter-productive. If someone really desires an honest, respectful conversation about beliefs, it can certainly be had without all the anger, generalizations and dismissive attitudes.

Anyhow, last time I went to church was this past Sunday. I can't say that I couldn't live without it. I don't love crowds and mingling so some weeks it's a struggle. Going to a building once a week isn't necessarily the be all end all of Christianity, so that's good... but I think it's beneficial for me to regularly spend time with other believers. Listening, learning and growing together.

we go most weeks, though some things trump it that probably shouldn't. in the midst of a major house renovation, so i've missed more than usual lately. but we are regulars, my wife heads up the sunday school and i pitch in when she needs me.

church, and the role it's played in my life has been pretty significant. some good, some bad, some of it is a conversation piece.....

I go to church with my family when I visit them. I actually did the service last time I was home: spoke about the work I was involved with during my time in Africa :)

Haven't found a church in my current town. Something I really need to do, stat...

The last time I went to church was the last time I saw my dad preach. And knowing every sermon backward and forward, it was the one I didn't like.

I don't believe that "Faith without Works is Dead".

John 3:16 doesn't exclude anyone.

If you have said faith, you're cool to everybody...that's what he said. It's implied. You live by what you do.

My point is, if you can get your praise on in your living room or den, feel free. He knows.

I go just about every week. I would say I normally go about 45 Sundays a year. I miss a few weeks every year because of vacations, softball, work, illness, etc. I never skip just because I don't feel like it or would rather watch TV. I was brought up to treat church as a priority. It isn't just the learning and worshiping of God. It's also the fellowship and encouragement we can both give and get from other believers. (Hebrews 10:24-25). But one of the things that keeps me going is the fact that I serve at my church. My wife and I work in our children's ministry leading a group of children each Sunday. It gives me a reason to go even when I don't want to. I serve because God has given me the gifts to serve and he expects us to use those gifts for His glory first and for serving others second. This is a great way to serve and the blessings I have been able to experience from serving are far greater than anything I could have ever expected.

Archived