Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.COM Carlos Rogers confirms that Gregg Williams used bounties in D.C.

Gracelander

"49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers, who played for Williams in Washington, recently told KNBR that players were paid to hit players hard enough to put them out of a game.

Rogers said it started as a pool of money consisting of fines imposed by Williams for players being late to meetings or missing meetings, along with money kicked in by players. Payments would be made for big plays, like interceptions.

At some point, the program expanded.

“It went on to guys just suggesting stuff in a room,” Rogers said. “If you knock this person out, let’s say a receiver, he comes across the middle. Safety knocks him out, a legal hit, you get this amount of money.”

Rogers insisted that the word “bounty” overstates the situation, and he claims that the payment system is a product of “competition in the [meeting] room,” and that “once the ball is snapped you’re not thinking about it.”

Though Rogers stopped short of saying that money was offered to 49ers players for efforts during the NFC title game, he said that players recognized that, when facing Giants quarterback Eli Manning, “We need to take him out.”

more at http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/carlos-rogers-confirs-that-gregg-williams-used-bounties-in-d-c/

seriously, who cares?

Why is everyone around here always trying to bring the Redskins in to something.

Because people like Rogers, Landry and McNabb are all spoiled, "me first" people and feel the need to prove they are the center of the universe? :whoknows:

Yup, Carlos could earn himself a suspension with comments like that... He's trying to hurt his team, but if it does, he just admitted that he was part of it. In fact, looking at the players, coaches, and front office staff at the moment. If you wanted to punish for bounties, you couldn't fairly punish the Redskins... there's no one left who participated, but you could punish the players who on their current teams who were head hunters.

Yup, Carlos could earn himself a suspension with comments like that... He's trying to hurt his team, but if it does, he just admitted that he was part of it. In fact, looking at the players, coaches, and front office staff at the moment. If you wanted to punish for bounties, you couldn't fairly punish the Redskins... there's no one left who participated, but you could punish the players who on their current teams who were head hunters.

I think the only player left is Fletcher right? The rest of the defense is completely different from when Williams was here. Same with the coaching staff, except Danny Smith, the FO, and pretty much the entire team. So punishing the Skins would make no sense. Williams has been gone for 4 seasons now.

Didn't Carlos have some things to say about the fans and how they treat players around here?

I wonder why he might want to see the team suffer?

"If you go to the game find a reason to cheer. If you like me, cheer for me. Just cheer"- Chris Cooley.

We're a venomous fan base.

Our fans act like idiots, treat players like they were Eagles fans, and get offended when players leave bitter. (and do better)

We follow them around on the board as they go to their new teams just to continue to talk **** about them.

Jason Campbell thread lasted a year. Dozens of "F Carlos Rogers" type threads popping up all year.

Probably should have hoped the bitter ex players who got boo'd out of town didn't have something they could use to make the fans here bitter too, huh?

what comes around goes around, I guess.

~BooHoo.

Didn't Carlos have some things to say about the fans and how they treat players around here?

I wonder why he might want to see the team suffer?

"If you go to the game find a reason to cheer. If you like me, cheer for me. Just cheer"- Chris Cooley.

Our fans act like idiots, treat players like they were Eagles fans, and get offended when players leave bitter. (and do better)

We follow them around on the board as they go to their new teams just to continue to talk **** about them.

Jason Campbell thread lasted a year. Dozens of "F Carlos Rogers" type threads popping up all year.

Probably should have hoped the bitter ex players who got boo'd out of town didn't have something they could use to make the fans here bitter too, huh?

what comes around goes around, I guess.

~BooHoo.

Sorry, IMO Washington fans are no worse then other fan bases.

Not to mention a forum is hardly a good judge of how the fan base feels.

Regardless, congrats to Los. If true he just implicated himself along with his other NFL teammates.

Apparently Carlos never received any payments while a Redskin.

Exactly

I agree with you about the fans being brutal. In fact I was sitting in the stands in 1990 when 70% of the RFK crowd was booing Mark Rypien lustily. I remember giving my best friend a hard time about it and him booing anyways. Of course one year later Rypien was leading us to a Super Bowl. And who could forget the idiots chanting "Joe must go" in 2007?

Do you really believe that we (along with Philly) are the only fans who are like this? Do you ever listen to national sports radio?

So tell us Carlos, how much did you participate in this bounty program then???

Can you say.....4 game suspension??

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 09:09 AM ----------

Because people like Rogers, Landry and McNabb are all spoiled, "me first" people and feel the need to prove they are the center of the universe? :whoknows:

And good riddence out of our lockroom.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 09:10 AM ----------

I'm shocked that Carlos caught this while he was here...seeing as he couldn't catch anything else.

Guess he never earned any "bounty" money.

exactly, he will be the one punished not the Redskins as there is no one here now that was there then, also didn't he admit the 49ers put a bounty on Eli Manning? What an idiot

Archived