Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.COM Carlos Rogers confirms that Gregg Williams used bounties in D.C.

Gracelander

I agree with you about the fans being brutal. In fact I was sitting in the stands in 1990 when 70% of the RFK crowd was booing Mark Rypien lustily. I remember giving my best friend a hard time about it and him booing anyways. Of course one year later Rypien was leading us to a Super Bowl. And who could forget the idiots chanting "Joe must go" in 2007?

Do you really believe that we (along with Philly) are the only fans who are like this? Do you ever listen to national sports radio?

Not only that, but this is pretty much par for the course for our division because we've all come to expect something more from our teams. Giants, Eagles and, yes, Redskins fans have always been on the angrier side. These are big cities who've seen some really bad times and take their pro football to heart. Of course they're going to be more uptight than Chargers or Jags fans.

Let's see of Landry gets suspended as a "make-up" punishment for overlooking his borderline hits all these years.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

I know that Carlos is bitter towards the Redskins, but what I don't understand is why? Is it because of the restricted free agent year?

We didn't give him 5+ years and 10 million a year. That's why he mad.

Haha he mad because he made no money.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

Carlos blew through most of is NFL salary in 2010. He lost his home and was in debt to several creditors in the DMV and Georgia. The man is angry that he never got the big contract with the Skins. It probably infuriates him to no end that he could not take advantage of the Pay for Performance program.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/10/AR2010121006957.html

im not defending carlos because i cant stand the guy, but all these people are saying that he needs to be punished, but none of the saints players were so how is that fair? the whole saints organization got punished, which i dont think was right. if they got punished, the redskins should too. but the only person who should be is gregg williams because apparently he is the mastermind behind all this crap. stop acting like the nfl is "out to get us". the saints participated in bounties with williams, and they got punished. if the redskins participated in bounties with williams, we should get the same treatment. unless something changes, the nfl is actually giving us a break by not punishing us.

He can confirm the bounties and we can confirm that he is a bust of a corner who quit during a season and still expected to get paid like he was Darell Revis.

Boy it's nice to be getting rid of trash like this. First him, now LaRoid. Man get rid of MeAngelo and this secondary won't be contemptable as it has been the last 3 or 4 seasons.

im not defending carlos because i cant stand the guy, but all these people are saying that he needs to be punished, but none of the saints players were so how is that fair? the whole saints organization got punished, which i dont think was right. if they got punished, the redskins should too. but the only person who should be is gregg williams because apparently he is the mastermind behind all this crap. stop acting like the nfl is "out to get us". the saints participated in bounties with williams, and they got punished. if the redskins participated in bounties with williams, we should get the same treatment. unless something changes, the nfl is actually giving us a break by not punishing us.
Did the Redskins repeatedly lie and cover up an on going bounty program after being told multiple times to stop by the NFL? To my knowledge the asnwer is no. Not only that but Greg Blache said he stopped any "pay for performance" system that existed once Gregg Williams left because he did not like it. Unlike in New Orleans, a Redskins Coach put a stop to it as soon as Gregg Williams left. From my understanding, you can count on 1 hand the number of players, coaches and FO staff that are still with the Redskins that were here when Gregg Williams was here. The NFL would be punishing an entire organization worth of people that had absolutely nothihg to do with the bounty system. I don't think so.

Did the Redskins repeatedly lie and cover up an on going bounty program after being told multiple times to stop by the NFL? To my knowledge the asnwer is no. From my understanding, you can count on 1 hand the number of players, coaches and FO staff that are still with the Redskins that were here when Gregg Williams was here. The NFL would be punishing an entire organization worth of people that had absolutely nothihg to do with the bounty system. I don't think so.

The NFL is already punishing the DC with the Redskins in Williams.

The head coach here during that time (Gibbs) is retired.

The GM (VC) is no longer in the league.

And like you mentioned, the NFL didn't warn the Redskins to stop anything.

I would be surprised if anything happened to the Redskins beyond maybe a minor fine of some sort that Snyder would have no problem paying.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

The Saints players will get punished in due time.

There are reports that there is some back and forth between the NFL & the NFLPA about how the players will be punished for their role in this.

If a guy like Vilma doesn't get hit with something, I would be stunned.

Didn't Carlos have some things to say about the fans and how they treat players around here?

I wonder why he might want to see the team suffer?

"If you go to the game find a reason to cheer. If you like me, cheer for me. Just cheer"- Chris Cooley.

We're a venomous fan base.

Our fans act like idiots, treat players like they were Eagles fans, and get offended when players leave bitter. (and do better)

We follow them around on the board as they go to their new teams just to continue to talk **** about them.

Jason Campbell thread lasted a year. Dozens of "F Carlos Rogers" type threads popping up all year.

Probably should have hoped the bitter ex players who got boo'd out of town didn't have something they could use to make the fans here bitter too, huh?

what comes around goes around, I guess.

~BooHoo.

Okay, generally, I agree with you that Redskins fans are too hard on player's. We're no different than any other fanbase, but sometimes we need to let go.

...However...

'Los has spoken more about our team over the course of the last year and change than he has about playing for the Niners. Why the **** is 'Los bitter? Really? Because fans are pissed that the guy we blew a first round pick on didn't catch interceptions? I guess you could say we were overreacting, but then you add on to the missed interceptions the constant flow of news about 'Los being a jerk who didn't have the money to fix his eyes but had no problem blowing money on bad investments and poppin' bottle at the club, and that players and coaches CONSTANTLY ragged on him, and that he straight up refused to get better, and forgive me if I don't feel sorry that fans take a bite out of his ass whenever he so much as mentions us.

We're not going out and seeking news about 'Los. The guy keeps bringing us the **** up. How many times that Campbell bring us up? What about Antonio Pierce, or Ryan Clark? How many times do those guys put the Redskins name in their mouth.

The guys who get it the worst from this fanbase are *******s like Lavar and 'Los, guys who continue to run their mouth about **** when all we did to them. We don't care. If 'Los wants to d well for the 49ers, that's fine. No one's hating on Los for playing well.

But he's like the ex-girlfriend who, a year and a half after you're broken up, keeps sayin' **** about you on Facebook. It's like "get the hell over it, woman, we broke up, leave me alone!". It's the same with 'Los.

'Los has no reason to be bitter. DG and Champ Bailey were driven to be the absolute BEST, period. They caught those picks, they made game change plays. 'Los was just happy being average and wasn't willing to change unless the club paid for him to, and then he got pissed because we franchised him and demanded he prove his worth, and he still sucked and had a bad attitude and even worse attitude.

I'm not going to cry over 'Los. The guy is scum. He officially deserves all the bad **** that's being said about him.

Did the Redskins repeatedly lie and cover up an on going bounty program after being told multiple times to stop by the NFL? To my knowledge the asnwer is no. Not only that but Greg Blache said he stopped any "pay for performance" system that existed once Gregg Williams left because he did not like it. Unlike in New Orleans, a Redskins Coach put a stop to it as soon as Gregg Williams left. From my understanding, you can count on 1 hand the number of players, coaches and FO staff that are still with the Redskins that were here when Gregg Williams was here. The NFL would be punishing an entire organization worth of people that had absolutely nothihg to do with the bounty system. I don't think so.

It doesn't matter if the same coaches are still here or not, the organization can get penalized/fined regardless of who's left.

A company can't win a lawsuit using the "he doesn't work here anymore" excuse.

I saw it is a little relevant if the Redskins end up getting penalized for it.

Along with the Bills, Jags and Titans of course.

Consider Goodell has already screwed us, at the behest of his master: John Mara; it wouldn't shock me if at some point the Skins get docked a draft pick.

Okay, generally, I agree with you that Redskins fans are too hard on player's. We're no different than any other fanbase, but sometimes we need to let go.

...However...

'Los has spoken more about our team over the course of the last year and change than he has about playing for the Niners. Why the **** is 'Los bitter? Really? Because fans are pissed that the guy we blew a first round pick on didn't catch interceptions? I guess you could say we were overreacting, but then you add on to the missed interceptions the constant flow of news about 'Los being a jerk who didn't have the money to fix his eyes but had no problem blowing money on bad investments and poppin' bottle at the club, and that players and coaches CONSTANTLY ragged on him, and that he straight up refused to get better, and forgive me if I don't feel sorry that fans take a bite out of his ass whenever he so much as mentions us.

We're not going out and seeking news about 'Los. The guy keeps bringing us the **** up. How many times that Campbell bring us up? What about Antonio Pierce, or Ryan Clark? How many times do those guys put the Redskins name in their mouth.

The guys who get it the worst from this fanbase are *******s like Lavar and 'Los, guys who continue to run their mouth about **** when all we did to them. We don't care. If 'Los wants to d well for the 49ers, that's fine. No one's hating on Los for playing well.

But he's like the ex-girlfriend who, a year and a half after you're broken up, keeps sayin' **** about you on Facebook. It's like "get the hell over it, woman, we broke up, leave me alone!". It's the same with 'Los.

'Los has no reason to be bitter. DG and Champ Bailey were driven to be the absolute BEST, period. They caught those picks, they made game change plays. 'Los was just happy being average and wasn't willing to change unless the club paid for him to, and then he got pissed because we franchised him and demanded he prove his worth, and he still sucked and had a bad attitude and even worse attitude.

I'm not going to cry over 'Los. The guy is scum. He officially deserves all the bad **** that's being said about him.

to add on, carlos always thought the redskins would let their own "great" players walk and overpay other teams over-the-hill players to replace them. while he might have had a point, it's a) not valid for letting him go, B) a severe example of overrating the people we let go.

he wanted top 5 CB money. top 5! he balked at numbers the redskins threw out and then took a one year contract to play nickel for the 49ers.

i'm certainly not a campbell basher, but he was a guy we traded up into the first round to get who never took us to a playoff game. i get the frustration, and because he's not rex grossman who goes out after each retched performance and says he'd do it all again to try to win people thought of him as apathetic and stupid. he was well on his way to taking the raiders to the playoffs this year before he broke his collar bone, so say what you will about QB vs. team when it comes to campbell, but if RGIII comes in and has a career that mirrors campbell's he will be considered a huge bust and responsible for our middling record for the next 5 years or so.

i think a lot of fan hate for players that leave the redskins has more to do with vinny than the actual player. guys like carlos represent wasted draft picks, dhall's contract, and inability to make plays, so he gets the a lot of blame for simply being drafted by this team.

John Mara / Roger Goodell: "The executive committee has determined that due to the Redskins organization knowingly participating in an illegal bounty system, and then recently claiming that they didn't; the appropriate sanction in this case is that the Redskins overall #2 pick this year is forfeit."

I don't think anything will happen with just this information other than an investigation staying open or being reopened. For punishment to come down they'd have to have something concrete like the audio tape of Williams incriminating himself that came out today. He said/she said BS won't fly.

Didn't Carlos have some things to say about the fans and how they treat players around here?

I wonder why he might want to see the team suffer?

"If you go to the game find a reason to cheer. If you like me, cheer for me. Just cheer"- Chris Cooley.

We're a venomous fan base.

Our fans act like idiots, treat players like they were Eagles fans, and get offended when players leave bitter. (and do better)

We follow them around on the board as they go to their new teams just to continue to talk **** about them.

Jason Campbell thread lasted a year. Dozens of "F Carlos Rogers" type threads popping up all year.

Probably should have hoped the bitter ex players who got boo'd out of town didn't have something they could use to make the fans here bitter too, huh?

what comes around goes around, I guess.

~BooHoo.

Bang, I've always respected you as a poster, but I think you are way off here.

First, we are no worse than any other fan base. We are definitely better than many, including the Eagles, whom you referenced.

Second, fans have been given every reason to boo most of what we've seen on the field over the past twenty years. Before Shanny got here, it was tough for this fan base at times to know which players were actually trying and which were here, like Carlos, just for the money. This fan base has been through a lot, and paid a lot, with money, blood, sweat, and tears of the past couple of decades and have grown tired of what we've been given in return. Players that are out there giving it their all, 60 minutes, every week, are usually adored and cheered heavily by this fan base. Those that get booed and talk trash when they leave have earned the vitriol.

Last, even if the fans were too hard on Los, what he just did was throw his former teammates and coaches all under the bus, including himself. The dumbass actually just hurt all of them more than he could have hoped to hurt this fan base.

It doesn't matter if the same coaches are still here or not, the organization can get penalized/fined regardless of who's left.

This isn't a law suit...

Over 3 years, the NFL repeatedly told the Saints to stop and the team defied the NFL. Had the Saints stopped the program, everything would have been swept under the rug. The Saints got penalized for their blatant defiance. Someone within the Redskins organization stopped the program without being told by the NFL. That is a complete 180 compared to what the Saints did. If the Saints were being fined / penalized for the actual bounty system itself, the NFL would have penalized them 3 years ago...

You are kidding yourself if you don't think every team has had some form of "pay for performace" system in recent history, whether it be player run or coach run. The only reason ex-redskins are talking is because their former coach got busted for it and the media is digging up as much dirt as they can.

I don't see a penalty heading our way (and it should not) unless we are continuing to do it now.

This isn't a law suit...

Over 3 years, the NFL repeatedly told the Saints to stop and the team defied the NFL. Had the Saints stopped the program, everything would have been swept under the rug. The Saints got penalized for their blatant defiance. Someone within the Redskins organization stopped the program without being told by the NFL. That is a complete 180 compared to what the Saints did. If the Saints were being fined / penalized for the actual bounty system itself, the NFL would have penalized them 3 years ago...

You are kidding yourself if you don't think every team has had some form of "pay for performace" system in recent history, whether it be player run or coach run. The only reason ex-redskins are talking is because their former coach got busted for it and the media is digging up as much dirt as they can.

I don't see a penalty heading our way (and it should not) unless we are continuing to do it now.

I'm just saying, if it's done to the extent of going out to injure other players then they should be penalized regardless of being warned or not.

That's like saying, well the Feds didn't warn Madoff so he should be free to walk

Either way, everyone involved knew it was wrong yet they continued to do it.

You're ignoring the more important part of his post though. The fact is that for the last 3 years the NFL has been sending out communication 2x per year explicitly banning this behavior and the Saints have signed off on numerous documents saying they reviewed the rules with the players and are in compliance.

Then after all that the coaching staff and players continued to lie and cover up in other interviews and questioning. The actual bounty system is only a fraction of what the Saints are being punished for.

I'm just saying, if it's done to the extent of going out to injure other players then they should be penalized regardless of being warned or not.

That's like saying, well the Feds didn't warn Madoff so he should be free to walk

Either way, everyone involved knew it was wrong yet they continued to do it.

The #1 person involved with this on the Redskins is already being punished.

Look at the punishment that happened with the Saints. No draft picks were forfeited. The DC, HC, Position Coach, and GM were punished and the team itself was fined $500k.

Worst case, the Redskins organization gets fined $500k.

Who cares?

Archived