Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Sister and I had different takes on Wakanda Forever.

She wasn't happy minority groups that are underrepresented were pitted against each other like that.

Told her it wasn't like all the people of each capital city hated each other, the larger take away from me was how the whole consuming rage of revenge by their heads of state can lead to possible generational conflict if allowed to, but can be stopped in its tracks if we choose to.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

lol yeah I did.  I was tired while writing that.  I edited it to add more spoilers, and then hid them.  

I agree with both of your takes for the most part, except I found Nope to be a big fat "meh" as far as the overall delivery/movie.  But I do agree with the other stuff you said about it, and also definitely thought about the other movie like 30 minutes into Smile.

• Like 1

Glass Oninion.

It was ok. Unlike the first rendition where you invested in Ana’s outcome as an innocent character…. there’s no real backstory here or characters you really give a care about. Instead, it indulges the audience’s want for the comeuppance of an eccentric billionaire. I guess that’s hot right now.

The ladies and their sexy outfits were some nice candy though. 😋

• Like 1

Hard Eight.  It's from the mid/late 90s.  Young Gwyneth Paltrow, John C Reilly, Samuel L. Jackson, Phillip Baker Hall.

It was good.  It's a crime movie, it move slow but it's pretty cool.  Very character driven, there's no huge complicated plot here.  I'd call it a noir type film.  Basically this older guy who's a career gambler takes this young homeless guy under his wing, shows him how to make money.  After a couple years, they're more of a partnership/tandem, the younger guy still looks up to the career gambler.  Younger guy falls for a ****tail waitress who moonlights as a prostitute, the older more seasoned gambler figures it out and trouble ensues.  Leads into the whole backstory as to why the senior gambler took the young homeless guy under his wing in the first place.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Tried to watch "Spirited". Oof. Didn't realize it was a musical. Neither Farrell nor Reynolds are singers or dancers and it shows. lol I made it about 20 minutes.

Their singing was tolerable. I didn’t realize it was a musical either but I did like the story; which was a twist/sequel on a classic tale.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw Violent Night. A violent Xmas comedy. Elements of Bad Santa and Home Alone.  Thieves break into a house, take family hostage and Santa has to come to the rescue. Santa kicks some ass.  Gets a solid B. There’s apparently a mid credit scene. I didn’t stay for that.

Just saw it the other night.  Was a lot of fun.  Good mix of comedy, action, gore, and homages and references to Christmas classics.

Emily The Criminal on Netflix .  Pretty fun suspense thriller.  Aubrey Plaza is in debt and needs fast money.  She ends up getting introduced to a group of scammers who slowly up the risk & danger of her cons with increased profits to her.  I love Theo Rossi and was pleasantly surprised to see him as a main character alongside Plaza.  

The story moves along very quickly and reminds me a lot of Good Time.  94% on rotten. 

• Thumb up 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Top Gun Maverick. A+. Probably the best movie I've seen in the last decade. (Which is sad actually) They don't make feature films like that very often any longer. 

Was on an airplane this week and caught it.  Solid A.  Such a simple and formulaic plot but well done!  

• Like 1