Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

John Wick 4 is a fitting conclusion to the John Wick saga. If you liked the first 3, you will like this one.

Spoiler

Don’t think there’s a John Wick 5 since Wick finally dies. At least it looks like he dies and they show his tombstone.

A little long but plenty of fighting, John Wick style.

There’s an end credit scene, a postscript to something that happens in the movie.

Gets an A-.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

How have I never heard of this movie before?

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.

• Haha 1

I watched John Wick 4 with my teenage son. It delivered.  The same way that Bond, Mission Impossible and Bourne did.  So if you expect that plus really great action shots, the inexplicable appearance of Lawrence Fishbourne who adds nothing to this movie (I only saw the original John Wick), A. 

If you are expecting a mind-bending whodunnit thriller on the level of Hitch****... welp... this movie is not for you.

I am amazed that the writer/creator of John Wick could world-build the series of movies on the premise of "Keanu Reeves as Jackie Chan with guns" loosely based around on a Jack Sparrow-like Pirates of the Caribbean 

plot line that enrolls over the span of a couple months.  

My condolences for all the NPCs in this world, which apparently has no first respondors or police, "John Wick".  There is a really strong anti-gang message in this one.  I would really love to create a spin-off called "Detectives Rosencrantz and Guildenstern arrive at the aftermath of a John Wick action scene".  

"We are going to need a bigger SD card for the camera!!"

• Like 1

I suspect you all would have hated the book that Knock at the Cabin was based on even more. I know that movie wasn't for everyone, but I much prefer thinking horrors to movies like The Nun part 18 or whatever jump scare movie Hollywood  churns out.

Spoiler

The planes crashing near the end was hard to watch. Reminded me too much of 9/11.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect you all would have hated the book that Knock at the Cabin was based on even more. I know that movie wasn't for everyone, but I much prefer thinking horrors to movies like The Nun part 18 or whatever jump scare movie Hollywood  churns out.

Hide contents

The planes crashing near the end was hard to watch. Reminded me too much of 9/11.

It's not even a horror movie at all.  Not in the least.

And The Nun part 18 or whatever can suck just as bad as this dumb ass movie did.  They are not mutually exclusive.  

I also find it amusing you talk about hollywood churning out movies, when M. Knight Shamalayadingdong is a major part of Hollywood and churns out movies that are typically garbage.  I liked Old though which is why I gave this movie a chance.  I wish I hadn't.

Edited by purbeast

38 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's not even a horror movie at all.  Not in the least.

And The Nun part 18 or whatever can suck just as bad as this dumb ass movie did.  They are not mutually exclusive.  

I also find it amusing you talk about hollywood churning out movies, when M. Knight Shamalayadingdong is a major part of Hollywood and churns out movies that are typically garbage.  I liked Old though which is why I gave this movie a chance.  I wish I hadn't.

6 movies in 10 years is hardly churning out movies as a Director. And I thought Glass (although not as good as Unbreakable) and Split (his 2 previous movies to Old) were solid.

After Earth and Avatar: Last Airbender were garbage but that was over 10 years ago. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Two this weekend
Interstellar, which I thought was really good, even if it is too long. The end was a little funky, but hey, who the hell knows. It was interesting.

and Nope which I really liked. That was fun. A LOT of fun. Aside from the story which i won't spoil if someone hasn't seen it, the way Jordan Peele presents his story is interesting as hell. He really makes a good film. His camera work and use of color and tint is up there with the Coen bros.
Oh and by the way..  THAT MOVIE WAS A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've heard and read nothing but positive reviews on it. Glad it's being liked. 

I was genuinely shocked at how good it was. I went in fully expecting it to be pretty bad, or at best cheesy dorky fun but its actually a legitimately high quality film.

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

6 movies in 10 years is hardly churning out movies as a Director. And I thought Glass (although not as good as Unbreakable) and Split (his 2 previous movies to Old) were solid.

After Earth and Avatar: Last Airbender were garbage but that was over 10 years ago. 

Okay maybe not churning them out, but most of them have the same exact formula.

1. Market them as horror movies.

2. Have an interesting/mysterious build up.

3. Then be totally let down at the stupid "twist" at the end of the movie.

4. Realize that the movie wasn't even a horror movie.

Again, I literally only watched this one because Old is the first movie of his that I liked since Sixth Sense.

And yes, I've seen all of them even though I hate his movies most of the time lol.  I don't know why but I do.

Glass, Split, and especially Unbreakable, were all so bad.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Got to agree on Shymalan, by and large i can't stand him. Sixth Sense was nifty, but he's never lived up to it. 
Signs was fun to watch, but unbelievably stupid. 
 I mean, unless we buy that a species so intelligent to cross a galaxy to get here would land on a planet that's surface was 75% covered by a solution that is deadly to them, and falls out of the sky, to boot. 
This species is also rendered completely helpless by a pantry door.

I don't know how he keeps getting movies greenlit.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

M. Knight Shamalayadingdong 

:rofl89:

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Dungeons & Dragons: 9/10. Legitimately really good movie. Lots of fun. Good story, action, comedy, acting everything.

What a pleasant surprise this was.  My buddy asked me to tag along with his RPG crew to see D&D, I wouldn't have gone to see it otherwise. 

I thought the CGI in the trailer looked crappy and felt the cast was meh (though I've always liked Pine) but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Unbreakable, 6th Sense, Signs, Lady in the Water and Village were all good movies. I think Signs is a classic. It’s perfectly spooky, genuinely tense, hilarious, has an amazing soundtrack, terrific performances, and has a nice message. When it all comes together at the end it’s special. It’s easily his best movie imo. 

I liked Devil, and Old too. Interesting at least. His batting average is higher than most but his duds are historic lol. Knock at the Cabin was an interesting movie just didn’t have the payoff. But that’s kinda the point. It’s thought revoking at least and he always gets great performances from his cast 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Signs is terrible.  It's only "a classic" because it's one of the first ones he made.

Aliens travel light years to a planet that is like 75% covered in the liquid that they can't even touch.

"Swing away Jimmy!"

Dumb ass movie that was also marketed as a horror movie that isn't scary at all.

And Jesus talk about a movie that was TOTALLY marketed as a horror movie and so far from it - The Village was so ****ing terrible.  And the twist to it had me facepalming so hard.