Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

mama-poster01.jpg

Annabel and Lucas are faced with the challenge of raising his young nieces that were left alone in the forest for 5 years.... but how alone were they?

I thought it was prettygood. The last 10 or so minutes were completely over the top though with the special effects.Had some very good scares though, even though I saw a few of them coming. The presentation was that of a classic ghost story (which I'm always partial to)

I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.

It was a good chick flick. Bradley Cooper portrayed his character very well even if it was a family of Eagles fans. The crazy chick was pretty good too. It turned into a dance flick about 3/4ers of the way through which was pretty annoying. I was hoping that there would be a little bit more of a twist at the end but alas there wasn't.

I finally got around to watching Argo last night, Man, the last 15 minutes of that movie were tense. I enjoyed it a lot.

I would really like to see John Goodman in more movies. He's awesome.

Agreed about Goodman. He just pops up in small roles and always hits a home run regardless of his character. Every time I see him appear in a movie I'm happy knowing he is going to nail it.

---------- Post added May-20th-2013 at 01:35 AM ----------

I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.

It was a good chick flick. Bradley Cooper portrayed his character very well even if it was a family of Eagles fans. The crazy chick was pretty good too. It turned into a dance flick about 3/4ers of the way through which was pretty annoying. I was hoping that there would be a little bit more of a twist at the end but alas there wasn't.

I saw this recently too and really liked it. I thought the characters were very believable and connected with viewers because of it and their symptoms. We all know similar people or people with their own personal issues and I think this movie was greatly helped by that and how well Cooper and Lawrence portrayed their characters. Didn't even feel like a chick flick to me. The lines weren't cheesy and cringeworthy either like most chick flicks. Seemed more like a drama framed around a love story which I was very appreciative of.

Watched Jack Reacher tonight. I thought it was just gonna be a corny "Tom Cruise kicks everyones ass" type of flick. Well it was. But it kinda knew it was, if that makes any since. It was a funny action movie intended to be a funny action movie. You werent laughing at the corniness that a lot of action films have. There was a bunch of hilarious parts/one liners, mainly from Cruise and Robert Duvall.

Pretty cool flick.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Watched Jack Reacher tonight. I thought it was just gonna be a corny "Tom Cruise kicks everyones ass" type of flick. Well it was. But it kinda knew it was, if that makes any since. It was a funny action movie intended to be a funny action movie. You werent laughing at the corniness that a lot of action films have. There was a bunch of hilarious parts/one liners, mainly from Cruise and Robert Duvall.

Pretty cool flick.

Saw it last week, thought it was a goofball action flick. I was hoping for more along the lines of a serious movie like Collateral. For me Jack Reacher was just plain predictable and very disappointing, even the "twist" was predictable early on. I doubt I'd watch it again.

Finally got around to seeing Les Mis last night. Not sure what the knock on Russell Crowe was..I had more problems with the dude playing Marius. His voice was hard to listen too.

The only people knocking Crowe in Les Mis are the uppity Les Mis purists, while Hugh Jackman is pristine in the movie we expect him to be due to his theater training, on the other hand seeing Crowe who does not have nearly the musical/theater credentials turn in the performance that he did in Les Mis was awesome. Sure it's probably all about expectations and all that, but I don't expect a pristine tenor voice for Javert, what I loved was the authority and confidence in his character, right to the point where he was lost in the depths of self doubt. That said, Anne Hathaway....wow...just wow she brought me to tears twice and I don't care who knows it.

Watched the Hobbit.

meh.

~Bang

I kinda agree, which I really hate to admit. I get the departure from the book in order to stretch out the book into three movies, and I know that LOTR really set the standard extremely high, but I kinda wanted more. That said, I'm still a fan even with the changes, and I can't wait to see Smaug.

Saw The Great Gatsby Saturday. It's always been my favorite book and I loved the movie. I don't understand all the criticism for the extravagance of the parties and the times. To me it was a realized version of how I always imagined the book to be. I think people just like to criticize Luhrmann without taking the context into account.

I also liked the cross with hip hop. I thought it fit pretty well, the highlight was the apartment party scene to "Who Gon Stop Me" which I thought was very well done. 

Most of the themes and symbols from the book translated  to the movie too which was my biggest fear. The acting was great as it always is with Leo but Edgerton did a fantastic job as Tom Buchanan too and I thought Carey Mulligan was a great fit for Daisy too. 

wasn't much on TV Saturday night, so the wife convinced me to watch Magic Mike with her.  ya know, it wasn't that bad of a movie, if you just watch it for what it is. 

and there was a super hot chick in it that I've never heard of before.  Cody Horn.  she's got that "girl nextdoor" look.

cody.jpg

Saw a better movie today. Fast and Furious 6 and I think it was even better than 5.  Nice setup for #7 due next year.

Saw it Sunday and it might have been the best so far. The scene when Dom turned into Superman was far fetched to say the least, but it was a really exciting movie.

Hangover 2 (I tried to post the poster but it's not going through...)

I had to see two before I went to see three.

I think it was funny, but not as funny as the second. But I think the characters played their roles better in this one.

On a 5 point scale, I give it a solid 4.

Road House - HBO GO Free

Patrick Swayze

Brief Description:

A bash and toss 80's flick, where Patrick Swayze (Dylan) is a professional bar bouncer/manager who brings order back to a small town bar.

Pro's:

Great 80's style

Fight scenes

Has some great nudity scenes.

Cons:

terrible acting

poor plot

I give it a 3/10

Cmon Btubes, Road House is classic late 80's schlock.

A 3 out of 10? Please!

Between Next of Kin and Road House, Swayze transformed himself from a dancer/actor to a legitimate bad ass dancer/actor.

;)

edit..speaking of Next of Kin. Looking back on that cast of that movie..it's pretty loaded.

Swayze, Liam Neeson, Adam Baldwin, Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton, Ben Stiller

Edited by The Evil Genius

Cmon Btubes, Road House is classic late 80's schlock.

A 3 out of 10? Please!

Between Next of Kin and Road House, Swayze transformed himself from a dancer/actor to a legitimate bad ass dancer/actor.

;)

edit..speaking of Next of Kin. Looking back on that cast of that movie..it's pretty loaded.

Swayze, Liam Neeson, Adam Baldwin, Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton, Ben Stiller

And you get to say "ROAD House"

ok i can bump it up to 5/10