Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Watched Evil Dead and the new GI Joe Movie.

Evil Dead.  "Groovy" pretty much sums it up.  Gore, demon, chainsaw, attacks with syringes.  Epic.  Can't wait for the follow on movies.

GI Joe.  Leaps and bounds better than the first.  The dialogue wasn't riddled with cheesy "YO JOE"s every 15 seconds.  They moved tactically, which is something I appreciate.  Many key players not in this movie, which struck me as odd, but still pretty good.

Hail

Yeah I liked it too. I remember seeing GI Joe 1 the day it came out, and immediately forgetting about it a day later. This one was different... probably because Channing Tatum wasn't shown all that much in it. I mean he's a good looking guy and all (no Hibbert), which probably carries him a little in all his movies, but I've never thought much of him as an actor, even in movies where even okay acting isn't necessarily required.

Saw the Conjuring last weekend..what I learned is that scary movies are only fun for chicks n kids. Other than that, it was a solid movie. Movies like this wouldn't let me sleep at nights when I was younger.

You know what? You're absolutely right. I think when evaluating a horror movie (at least when asked from man to man) the question should no longer be "Was it scary?" because it's pretty hard to visibly scare a grown man in a movie theatre. The question should now be "Was it good/great?" Sure, you'll naturally jump at certain scenes, but you won't be sleeping with a flashlight, or leaving a night light on anymore (at least I hope not) because you're an adult. Like you said, I could think of a lot of movies that scared the bejesus out of me when I was little, and I've watched them as an adult and have shrugged.

I think that also explains why it's very hard for me to find an excellent horror movie, because I want to feel legit fear, but can't. It's only "Thrilling" at this point, like a great roller coaster ride.

The Nightmare Nanny (2013)

Not bad for a Lifetime movie. Pregnant girl loses baby in car accident. Can no longer have kids, as a result. Goes into mental hospital for a few years for depression. After leaving hospital, takes job as nanny. Steals kid from mom. Jumps to death as kid is about to be taken away.

Jesus! Lol

"Jesus!" because of the description, or "Jesus!" because Bubble Screen just admitted that he watches the Lifetime channel? :)

The description. Sounds brutal, especially for a Lifetime movie. Not brutal in quality, but in content.

The Nightmare Nanny (2013)

Not bad for a Lifetime movie. Pregnant girl loses baby in car accident. Can no longer have kids, as a result. Goes into mental hospital for a few years for depression. After leaving hospital, takes job as nanny. Steals kid from mom. Jumps to death as kid is about to be taken away.

Jesus! Lol

"Jesus!" because of the description, or "Jesus!" because Bubble Screen just admitted that he watches the Lifetime channel? :)

The description. Sounds brutal, especially for a Lifetime movie. Not brutal in quality, but in content.

That's pretty normal for that channel. Depressing as hell.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

• 2 weeks later...

Saw You're Next tonight.  I'm not sure why its been getting generally good reviews, I thought it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.  Most of the acting and plot were terrible and it morphed into some weird type of black comedy at points.  The theater was laughing at it more than anything.  I really liked home invasion movies such as the Strangers and Funny Games and was expecting this to be on par with those but it fell way short of both of them.

Edited by f_trizzy

Saw You're Next tonight.  I'm not sure why its been getting generally good reviews, I thought it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.  Most of the acting and plot were terrible and it morphed into some weird type of black comedy at points.  The theater was laughing at it more than anything.  I really liked home invasion movies such as the Strangers and Funny Games and was expecting this to be on par with those but it fell way short of both of them.

Interesting to hear that. The reviews have all been solid but the trailers haven't impressed, granted its hard for a horror flick trailer to give a lot away.

Watched Iron Man 3 for the first time the other day. It was in a plane. Honestly, had no interest in seeing it in theaters and seeing it didn't change my opinion. Had some fun parts but really continued the decline started in the 2nd one. I didn't care for it really but I won't go into a long review of why.

MV5BMTkxNjIyNjE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI3

Not even going to give a description. I find it hilarious how it's cool to bust on Independence Day, yet this crock of **** gets a 6.5 rating on IMDB. People talk about "Only being able to take so much suspension of reality" when it comes to movies about alien invasions, yet Marvin The Martian coming to life and taking a dump on the south lawn is about 300x more likely than this joke of a movie.

When your plot allows for aliens who travel millions of lightyears to arrive at your planet, all reality is immediately thrown off a cliff, and anything becomes possible. Same can't be said when it comes to regular terrorists. I gave  very good effort to stay away from this movie and the other retarded White House Attack movie, yet ended up having to play nice and grit my teeth. I could spend about an hour talking about the fundamental flaws that scream "We didn't even try, but damn, we just really wanted to do this movie" (they could've at least made the C-130 bullets hitting the people realistic). What a complete waste of time. No amount of explosions and cool stealth kills could save this movie. Two thumbs down... Way down.

And to make matters worse...

220px-Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_pos

Rough night. 100% cheeseball. I have a deep appreciation for old school classic movies, but seriously, it would've been a lot better without that hilarious costume. I really wanted to like it, mainly since its one of those classic horror/science fiction movies, but I was already irritated by Olympus Has Fallen, and couldn't wait for it to end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you liked IStD, might I suggest "Oldboy?"  its currently streaming on Netflix, and is probably one of the sickest, most disgusting movies I've ever seen.  its also getting a 94% approval rating by fans on rottentomatoes.com  :)

Just noticed that Oldboy is being remade, by Spike Lee if you can believe it. heh. The redband trailer is on youtube. Looks like they changed the story line a bit (which IMO is a good thing because I hated the last 20 minutes).

Elysium. fun movie, Matt Damon kicks a lot of ass in this one.

Saw this on Saturday. It would be a good rental, but probably not worth the $17.50 I paid to see it in Imax.

Just noticed that Oldboy is being remade, by Spike Lee if you can believe it. heh. The redband trailer is on youtube. Looks like they changed the story line a bit (which IMO is a good thing because I hated the last 20 minutes).

I didn't like the end either. It got too weird for me.

You know what? You're absolutely right. I think when evaluating a horror movie (at least when asked from man to man) the question should no longer be "Was it scary?" because it's pretty hard to visibly scare a grown man in a movie theatre. The question should now be "Was it good/great?" Sure, you'll naturally jump at certain scenes, but you won't be sleeping with a flashlight, or leaving a night light on anymore (at least I hope not) because you're an adult. Like you said, I could think of a lot of movies that scared the bejesus out of me when I was little, and I've watched them as an adult and have shrugged.

I think that also explains why it's very hard for me to find an excellent horror movie, because I want to feel legit fear, but can't. It's only "Thrilling" at this point, like a great roller coaster ride.

Sinister actually gave me the creeps, but your mileage may vary....

Anyhoos... I finally got around to watching Argo this weekend... I liked it.

Saw The World's End yesterday. Loved it. Really need to see Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz...just haven't gotten around to it, but they seem like movies I'd really like.

wife and i just saw worlds end. i thought it was funny. typicsl simon pegg stuff.

yes, see his first two as well. both hilarious.

I just saw Star Trek Into Darkness tonight.  As a non Star Trek fan, I loved it.  I loved the first J.J. Abrams movie as well.  Maybe I would have some reservations if I cared about it when I was younger.  My dad used to have it on all the time.  It was all he watched, but I never cared for it until the recent movies. 

Maybe I will go back and give them a try. 

Prisoners.  Wow guys....wow.  This movie was dark and intense.  Might be my favorite movie of 2013 so far.  Hugh Jackman was really good, but Jake Gyllenhall CRUSHED it!!!  you guys gotta go see this.  

Best movie of the year?  No, but it was definitely dark and intense and I guess I should've expected how the movie finished but it still surprised me.

Prisoners.  Wow guys....wow.  This movie was dark and intense.  Might be my favorite movie of 2013 so far.  Hugh Jackman was really good, but Jake Gyllenhall CRUSHED it!!!  you guys gotta go see this.  

So glad I went to see this tonight, best movie I've seen this year.  I agree about Gyllenhall.  At first I wasn't really feeling his character but by the end I thought he did a pretty great job.  Even at 2.5 hours it kept me heavily invested throughout.

If movies with dark and foreboding themes are your thing, definitely go see this.

Edited by f_trizzy

• 2 weeks later...

Gravity...glorious. Magnificent.

Very tense, edge of your seat with a subtle dash of minimal comic relief. In a way, I feel exhausted, tired three hours after I saw it.

Clooney nearly stole the show, imo. I absolutely loved his wise yet wise-cracking, father-figure role. However, I have a brand new sense of respect for Sandra Bullock. It's not very often you can watch a film and an actor/actress and completely forget WHO you are watching. She truly became someone else.

And for the record, Alfonso Cuaron and Neill Blomkamp now own science fiction.