Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Just watched “Predestination” with Ethan Hawke. He was great in this but this one has me scratching my head a bit, not really sure if their was some kind of message or metaphor in that movie or what. Really have no idea wtf that was about 

Not a movie, as such, but more a documentary, but I just watched Long Gone Wild, which is about the misuse of killer whales at places like Sea World.  If you've seen Blackfish, this is along those lines.

image.thumb.png.e2808dc885147b94353dc06d026f8343.png

The storyline is as follows:

Despite key concessions by SeaWorld, its orcas are still performing every day, and in Eastern Russia the magnificent killer whale is hunted for sale into the exploding marine theme park industry in China. Witness an in depth look at the case against captivity, The Whale Sanctuary Project, and covert missions on the high seas and in search of nine orcas held captive at a secret Chinese location.

Last night I watched Bloodshot, with Vin Diesel, followed by Birds Of Prey.  Both are action films, with a bit of blood and guts thrown in.

image.png.78cc6c89ee32b4ce7b61cea55bd5ff25.png

image.png.b344f6eecc7f652830917b1736cabab7.png

Edited by Skinned Aussie

I am not a horror movie fan. It's not that I don't like them its just I'd rather watch other stuff ans not have ****ed up dreams. 

But I did whole-heartedly enjoy A Quiet Place part 1.

AND THAT ENDING. 😮

Now wondering if I can handle... It part 1 (losers club). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I am not a horror movie fan. It's not that I don't like them its just I'd rather watch other stuff ans not have ****ed up dreams. 

But I did whole-heartedly enjoy A Quiet Place part 1.

AND THAT ENDING. 😮

Now wondering if I can handle... It part 1 (losers club). 

The remake of It is more of a comedy than a horror flick.  It's not scary at all.  I laughed my ass off in it though.

I read what Snyder was planning to do over MoS, BvS and 3 JL movies.  The over arching story sounded cool, similar to what the MCU did with IW and EG.  It would have explained some of the stuff in BvS.  Problem is I wouldn't trust Snyder to pull it off.  He's got good ideas and is a fantastic visual director but he's not a good story teller.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, max21 said:

What sort of surprised me is I thought Man of Steel was pretty decent and maybe DCEU was going to deliver some quality movies. They’re robbing us fans smh

Disagree.  I hated Man Of Steel

2 hours ago, drowland said:

I read what Snyder was planning to do over MoS, BvS and 3 JL movies.  The over arching story sounded cool, similar to what the MCU did with IW and EG.  It would have explained some of the stuff in BvS.  Problem is I wouldn't trust Snyder to pull it off.  He's got good ideas and is a fantastic visual director but he's not a good story teller.

I don't care for his visuals, either.  I didn't even know he was involved in Wonder Woman, but there was something off about the action sequences in that movie with character movements that defy physics.  And not in the super-human kind of way, but in the uncanny-valley of "that doesn't look like how things move" kind of way.  Once his name rolled in the credits, it all made sense.

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Disagree.  I hated Man Of Steel

I don't care for his visuals, either.  I didn't even know he was involved in Wonder Woman, but there was something off about the action sequences in that movie with character movements that defy physics.  And not in the super-human kind of way, but in the uncanny-valley of "that doesn't look like how things move" kind of way.  Once his name rolled in the credits, it all made sense.

It’s better than mainly all DCEU movies. Name recent ones that are better? 

Man of Steel is the best Superman movie and it isn't close. I'd argue it's the only Superman movie ever made that is actually good. 

That is unless saving cats from trees, universe breaking time-traveling ability, and murdering without hesitation or consequence are your type of Superman movies. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Man of Steel as a standalone action/scifi flick.

Its not a great Superman origin story IMO. (or Superhero story) 

Superman is really hard to get right. Not sure the current Action/Blockbuster format is capable.  

I wouldve liked to have see Guillermo Del Toro's version. 

Over the weekend I watched 13 Hours, AKA the Benghazi movie.

It's pretty decent, IMO.  Jim from The Office is actually believable as an action hero type.  It's Michael Bay and I didn't realize it until about 15 minutes in, there are some dead giveaways that it's his work but he took a serious subject and toned down his Michael Bay-ness a little bit.  The actors definitely had some cheeseball lines but other than that did a good job.  I was surprised that it was a solid movie.