Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Oh boy.  So I'm huge into horror/thrillers.  I like disgusting movies, with lots of gore.  Well, I saw "VHS" last night, and my goodness was I pleased.  This is somewhat of a "tales from the crypt" or "creepshow" type of movie, where there is one main story that we keep coming back to, but with 5 smaller, separate short stories that break it up.  Each one of them is ****ing sick and twisted.  

When a group of petty criminals is hired by a mysterious party to retrieve a rare piece of found footage from a rundown house in the middle of nowhere, they soon realize that the job isn't going to be as easy as they thought. In the living room, a lifeless body holds court before a hub of old television sets, surrounded by stacks upon stacks of VHS tapes. As they search for the right one, they are treated to a seemingly endless number of horrifying videos, each stranger than the last. -

This was a really, really fun movie.  Anybody who enjoys a nifty horror flick, definitely check this out.  This movie is currently available on Netflix instant streaming, and VHS2 will be available soon on Netflix.  

We bought a Zoo. Good family flick. Always like seeing ScarJo. The little girl was the best. My wife kept saying, "she's so cute."

The argument between Matt Damon and his son in that movie gets me every time. Like crying my eyes out gets me.

I saw World War Z this weekend

MV5BMTg0NTgxMjIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0

I read the book a while back and this was nothing like the book, but I thought it was a great zombie flick none the less. Good action and fascinating story. Also I liked that unlike most zombie flicks, this one wasn't stuck in one location (a single mall, town, city, etc).

Oh boy.  So I'm huge into horror/thrillers.  I like disgusting movies, with lots of gore.  Well, I saw "VHS" last night, and my goodness was I pleased.  This is somewhat of a "tales from the crypt" or "creepshow" type of movie, where there is one main story that we keep coming back to, but with 5 smaller, separate short stories that break it up.  Each one of them is ****ing sick and twisted.  

When a group of petty criminals is hired by a mysterious party to retrieve a rare piece of found footage from a rundown house in the middle of nowhere, they soon realize that the job isn't going to be as easy as they thought. In the living room, a lifeless body holds court before a hub of old television sets, surrounded by stacks upon stacks of VHS tapes. As they search for the right one, they are treated to a seemingly endless number of horrifying videos, each stranger than the last. -

This was a really, really fun movie.  Anybody who enjoys a nifty horror flick, definitely check this out.  This movie is currently available on Netflix instant streaming, and VHS2 will be available soon on Netflix.  

That movie was disturbing. That's all I'm going to say. Had some neat concepts but disturbing. There is a sequel on the way though. I think my favorite story was the skype BF/GF one, that was the most interesting. 

I watched it awhile ago once it just came to redbox and now I have fears of waking up from being stabbed in the neck too lol. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

That movie was disturbing. That's all I'm going to say. Had some neat concepts but disturbing. There is a sequel on the way though. I think my favorite story was the skype BF/GF one, that was the most interesting. 

I watched it awhile ago once it just came to redbox and now I have fears of waking up from being stabbed in the neck too lol. 

good **** man!  i **** with people who like nasty movies.  VHS was ****ing disgusting.

i can't wait to see VHS 2!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen The Conjuring yet? I have heard nothing but good things about it and supposedly it's the most horrifying movie since The Exorcist.

I am dying to see this, but certainly won't be seeing it alone. Especially not when the reviews say it makes you feel disturbed even in your own house...

I watched this movie on netflix but i was kind of drunk. i didn't really like it and didn't think it was any more disturbing than most of the horror/slasher stuff that comes out now a days.

can you guys be more specific to what disturbed you? maybe b/c my senses were dulled or I don't remember everything is why I feel like it wasn't anything too crazy or disgusting.

my favorite story was the vampire chick one

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Has anyone seen The Conjuring yet? I have heard nothing but good things about it and supposedly it's the most horrifying movie since The Exorcist.

I am dying to see this, but certainly won't be seeing it alone. Especially not when the reviews say it makes you feel disturbed even in your own house...

Havent seen it but i have heard the same thing. Not many horror movies get good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes but it's doing very well right now. Hopefully i will have the chance to see it next week.

I'm sure y'all know this, but the Warren's ( the main characters from The Conjuring movie played by Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson) are/were actual paranormal investigators whose most famous case was the Amityville house.

To this date, Lorraine Warren says she would never go back to the Amityville house because it bothered her too much. 

This movie is derived from one of their cases.

Edited by The Evil Genius

hadn't bothered to pay any attention to this movie until you guys mentioned it.  Looked like your typical haunted house flick,and most of the recent ones suck.  But the Conjuring is getting an 85% on rotten, that's pretty solid.  and Vera Farmiga is smokin' hot.  Might end up going to see it this weekend.

Edited by Chew

Oz: The Great and Powerful and The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey

I enjoyed both but I was suprised at how much they used Gandalf in the first Hobbit movie. I don't remember him saving them that much in the book.

As for Oz - if you can get past James Franco, it was an entertaining movie and the scenery (hello Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz, and Mila Kunis) made it a worthy Redbox rental.

I think both are definitely better seen in HD.

Edited by The Evil Genius

I'm sure y'all know this, but the Warren's ( the main characters from The Conjuring movie played by Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson) are/were actual paranormal investigators whose most famous case was the Amityville house.

To this date, Lorraine Warren says she would never go back to the Amityville house because it bothered her too much. 

This movie is derived from one of their cases.

The reason the Warren's are considered (by many) to be hacks is because the Amityville Horror's "true story" has been confirmed to be a hoax, and proven through actual testimony that the entire story was made up (I'm sure it's on snopes or simply google it).  I have little to zero belief that the events the Conjuring is "based upon" actually happened, and the Warrens being involved makes me even more skeptical.  That being said, it looks like a great horror flick, and I plan to see it tonight.  Any horror movie that gets 80+ on rottentomatoes has got to be good.

Evil Dead (2013) - I'm a fan of horror and a fan of the Evil Dead series so it's not surprising that I liked this movie.  Normally I don't like gore masquerading as horror but I liked this one, and it's really bloody.  The best way I can describe it is that just when you think the movie can get no more bloody, it literally starts raining blood.  I'm hoping they remake the whole series with this new team of producers, writers, and directors.  

World War Z - Hated this movie so much.  This movie is like a bad version of 28 Days Later or an alternate reality version of I Am Legend.  The scene where the scientist dies was incredibly bad.  Just who the hell was the asshole in Hollywood that thought to take a zombie movie and make it all about a race for a cure anyway?  I feel like whoever that person is and the person that made Doom about DNA research need to thrown into pit with a bear.  What's worse is that this movie has the rights to the book, I believe, and that means someone that would like to make the book into a movie/mini series is blocked from doing so.  

V/H/S 2 - I didn't like the first one and wrote about it somewhere in this thread.  This one was better but followed the same format as the first.  The only difference is that I thought the little mini movies were better this time.  The zombie with a GoPro camera strapped to his head was creative and fun.  

Edited by Destino

The Nightmare Nanny (2013)

Not bad for a Lifetime movie. Pregnant girl loses baby in car accident. Can no longer have kids, as a result. Goes into mental hospital for a few years for depression. After leaving hospital, takes job as nanny. Steals kid from mom. Jumps to death as kid is about to be taken away.

Edited by Bubble Screen