Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The fun thing about having kids and their friends around is watching movies they had no idea existed. 

"Inglorious Basterds"

I have never seen this either.  Solid A. "Son of Fergasun" also enjoyed this.  "Friend of son of Fergasun" was annoyed at all the dialogue which inevitably added to the suspense of this movie. 

I am obviously wondering if "Kill Bill" or "Pulp Fiction" is the next Tarantino I show them.  Hope this...

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Been on a foreign WW2 film kick lately. 
"T-34" is a Russian movie, but it's dubbed. Free on Prime.
The voice dub actors aren't the best and it's the only downside. The on-screen actors do a good job. 
For action it is A+, for pace it is A+, for cinematic experience it is A+, a visual treat, good mix of CGI and live action, awesome battle scenes. 

It's about tanks, won't say anything else. Altogether an excellent movie.

Solid 8½ out of10.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

The fun thing about having kids and their friends around is watching movies they had no idea existed. 

"Inglorious Basterds"

I have never seen this either.  Solid A. "Son of Fergasun" also enjoyed this.  "Friend of son of Fergasun" was annoyed at all the dialogue which inevitably added to the suspense of this movie. 

I am obviously wondering if "Kill Bill" or "Pulp Fiction" is the next Tarantino I show them.  Hope this...

Are they ready for Trainspotting? 😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watched Highlander Endgame last night. I've already watched the first three. This was worse than The Quickening and that is no small feat. The plot and flashbacks were bizarre and made no sense most of the time.

Christopher Lambert was absolutely awful in this. The very first scene was absurd, unintentional cringe. To be fair, Lambert is just an awful actor anyway that somehow did okay with Highlander I and Mortal Kombat.

• Haha 4

Just saw Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1. Great flick, great action, great cast and performances, great twists and turns! I found myself leaning forward in my seat several times, which I've never done before. Best of the series and deserves the praise, imo. And Hayley Atwell...well, just dayum. She had an amazing character arc too.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea why I can watch "Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning" at 7:30 pm the day before it premieres (west coast...). But my family did.  A+, 10 out of 10 ... you know you will suspend some belief, you know Tom Cruise will deliver, you know the plot will be solid. Sometimes there are things in this series that knock it down and make it a bit less believable (not sure if it was the last one or two movies ago... a certain helicopter stunt...).  None of that here. 

• Thumb up 1

A Simple Favor.  It's on Prime.

I mean, it's Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.  It's a dark comedy/drama that's pretty solid.  Basically Anna Kendrick is this ultra-mom vlogger who befriends Blake Lively, their kids are at the same pre-school.  Blake Lively's character is dark, mysterious, edgy, kind of the opposite of Anna Kendrick.  Anyway, Blake Lively disappears, Anna Kendrick goes out on a mission to figure out what happened.

Going in with low expectations, it was actually pretty solid.  There are a lot of twists for twists sake, it gets kinda tiresome but overall it's fun. 

This part made me laugh out loud, it's kind of a spoiler though:

Giving it a solid B.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A Simple Favor.  It's on Prime.

I mean, it's Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.  It's a dark comedy/drama that's pretty solid.  Basically Anna Kendrick is this ultra-mom vlogger who befriends Blake Lively, their kids are at the same pre-school.  Blake Lively's character is dark, mysterious, edgy, kind of the opposite of Anna Kendrick.  Anyway, Blake Lively disappears, Anna Kendrick goes out on a mission to figure out what happened.

Going in with low expectations, it was actually pretty solid.  There are a lot of twists for twists sake, it gets kinda tiresome but overall it's fun. 

This part made me laugh out loud, it's kind of a spoiler though:

Giving it a solid B.

I just have an irrational hatred for Anna Kendrick. I can’t stand looking at her. It’s not that she’s talentless…. I just hate her schtick.

Probably a few pages late, but just saw the Indiana Jones movie.  8/10... better than Temple and Crystal Skull... solid movie and I couldn't exactly predict all the twists.  Some of them were quite good... especially near the end....

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Saw Mission Impossible 7: Dead Reckoning Part 1. A good movie in  the series but a little too long. Extended action scenes and one scene, they had filmed 90 minutes.  Glad that didn’t make it into the movie.

Spoiler

I don’t know how Ethan is going to find that sub but 8 should be good.

I’ll give it a solid B.  

Next up: Oppenheimer, Barbie and Haunted Mansion.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Doing the Barbenheimer, comrade?

No. That’s too much in one day. 

Saw the silly movie Barbie. It was a goofy  movie and was just ok. Margot was fine as usual.  I sure this will appeal to someone but since Mattel has 45 movies in development for their products; they need to try harder.  Just a C-.

The 15th Doctor, Ncuti Gatwa is in the movie also. As one of the minor Kens, a flunky to the main Ken- Ryan Gosling.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Came across Renfield on Hulu, my friend and I enjoyed it.

Can anyone explain why everyone wants to see Oppenheimer? I mean, I get some people, but why do so many of the inbred, maga chuds who know nothing about science and never even heard of Oppenheimer are so jazzed about this movie? They know what its about right? Its not a summer blockbuster and I'm pretty sure its not going to be a boob fest. Am I missing something here?

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Came across Renfield on Hulu, my friend and I enjoyed it.

Can anyone explain why everyone wants to see Oppenheimer? I mean, I get some people, but why do so many of the inbred, maga chuds who know nothing about science and never even heard of Oppenheimer are so jazzed about this movie? They know what its about right? Its not a summer blockbuster and I'm pretty sure its not going to be a boob fest. Am I missing something here?

It features far right wingers castigating and falsely accusing a brilliant scientist?   We get to blow up a bunch of Japs?  I'm confused too because I don't think they're going to like it.  From what I've read, it's not going to be any kind of celebration of 'Murica. 

I'm looking forward to it.  As an aside, I was called Oppenheimer a million times in school. It did make me think about him when I was a kid and probably wouldn't have otherwise.  My name has the same ending so it was low hanging fruit.

• Like 1