Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 12/21/2018 at 11:50 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I saw Aquaman. I liked it. It had some flaws but for the entire movie being CGI it wasn’t distracting and was pretty good. Momoa is very entertaining. He dominates the screen, I hope this leads to more roles for him. 

The plot is essentially “Black Panther under water” which is probably why it did better than most recent DC movies 

i always hated Aquaman and thought he was lame. This probably goes too far trying to make him a badass but i was ok with it because if you have Momoa there isn’t much reason to do anything else. 

Amber Heard is crazy hot as Mera too. 

Still didn’t like the goofy ass Manta outfit with the big red eyes but the actor that played him was really good. 

Kill Bats/Supes/Joker/Luthor/Doomsday, nail Aquatuna.

**** DC  :( (I liked it too)

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

Took kids to see Spiderman -- A!
Animation was unique -- seemed like they would do things like blur the background so you focus on the main image on the screen. A comic book movie animated like a comic-book? Loved it.

Avoiding Holmes... heard its really bad...

On 12/27/2018 at 4:46 PM, Chew said:

My man, you always come through for me. 

Soooo many people I talked to said they loved Venom.  I thought it was pretty bad.  Well, it at least wasn't good.   

Tiiiiight I just rented this from RedBox to watch tonight.  I have pretty low expectations already so I'm sure they will be met.

• Haha 1

Bird Brain.  Er, Bird Box.

I think it lost me in the very beginning, the first 30 minutes or so.  It starts off as any other zombie type movie. 

Spoiler

Starts off with an average day, then the **** goes down, the main character flees, finds some type of shelter and...oh, surprise surprise, it's a group of other survivors of different backgrounds who have differing ideas on how to survive.  Then they have to trek out into the dangerous area to get supplies.  I mean, it was JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ZOMBIE MOVIE I've ever seen.  And I'm not even a big zombie movie guru, but I've seen all of those things multiple times.  

That said, Sandra Bullock was really good, so was Malkovich and Trevante Rhodes, too.

Spoiler

My other gripe, they're going down the river, the boat flips over and she's got no problem finding the kids.  But 20 minutes later in the forrest she trips over a branch, falls and all of a sudden can't find them?  C'mon.

I thought it was solid, just nothing special.  Netflix hyping the viewership numbers cause no ones gotta leave the couch to see it.  If this was in theaters, I'd expect it would be a flop.

I give it a C.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bird Brain.  Er, Bird Box.

I think it lost me in the very beginning, the first 30 minutes or so.  It starts off as any other zombie type movie. 

Hide contents

Starts off with an average day, then the **** goes down, the main character flees, finds some type of shelter and...oh, surprise surprise, it's a group of other survivors of different backgrounds who have differing ideas on how to survive.  Then they have to trek out into the dangerous area to get supplies.  I mean, it was JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ZOMBIE MOVIE I've ever seen.  And I'm not even a big zombie movie guru, but I've seen all of those things multiple times.  

That said, Sandra Bullock was really good, so was Malkovich and Trevante Rhodes, too.

Hide contents

My other gripe, they're going down the river, the boat flips over and she's got no problem finding the kids.  But 20 minutes later in the forrest she trips over a branch, falls and all of a sudden can't find them?  C'mon.

I thought it was solid, just nothing special.  Netflix hyping the viewership numbers cause no ones gotta leave the couch to see it.  If this was in theaters, I'd expect it would be a flop.

I give it a C.

Yesh im with you. I probably like it a little more, thought it was well acted and had some intense parts. Kind of a much better version of the Happening. I liked that it never explains what it is or what causes it too. 

As for the forest, I thought she knocked herself out for a few minutes which made the kids wander off, that’s why she couldn’t find them. She told them if something happened to her to take care of themselves so they left. At least they were close in the river and could hear her nearby calling for them. 

I was glad to see Trevante Rhodes get a nice size role in this. Moonlight is still one of my favorite movies of the last decade or so and I hope he has more success 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yesh im with you. I probably like it a little more, thought it was well acted and had some intense parts. Kind of a much better version of the Happening. I liked that it never explains what it is or what causes it too. 

As for the forest, I thought she knocked herself out for a few minutes which made the kids wander off, that’s why she couldn’t find them. She told them if something happened to her to take care of themselves so they left. At least they were close in the river and could hear her nearby calling for them. 

I was glad to see Trevante Rhodes get a nice size role in this. Moonlight is still one of my favorite movies of the last decade or so and I hope he has more success 

There were some intense parts, for sure. I'm not saying it was all bad, just not all great.  

Totally must have missed that where she knocked herself out.  At that point my attention span wasn't too great.  

Spoiler

I did like that the blind people have it made in the end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I generally hate any horror movie a bunch of people tell me to watch automatically, just on principle (Basically, I tell you what to watch, you don't tell me :mellow:).

The average American viewer is horror illiterate. So I have not seen it yet

Edited by Mr. Sinister

31 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I generally hate any horror movie a bunch of people tell me to watch automatically, just on principle (Basically, I tell you what to watch, you don't tell me :mellow:).

I am the average American viewer, and therefore horror illiterate.  But I wouldn't call this a horror film.  Suspenseful?  Sure.  But there's nothing that's gonna scare the **** out of you.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am the average American viewer, and therefore horror illiterate.  But I wouldn't call this a horror film.  Suspenseful?  Sure.  But there's nothing that's gonna scare the **** out of you.

See?

"Awesome horror movie man, you'll love it!" Damn people 😔

Though suspense in many ways is a branch of horror, I'm sure that's not what they meant

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

A Simple Favor- No clue if I was trying to watch a Romantic Comedy or an episode of Law and Order. Not a good movie, was forced to watch because my girlfriend says “We always watch the movies you want to watch”                              Blood Diamond - Don’t know how I’ve    never seen this , solid performance by Leonardo. Overall a good movie, was busy reading about Africa and it’s conflicts for a good while afterwards. Not that it matters but I was pretty intrigued.                                                                                 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah this isn’t horror at all. You need to excommunicate any friend that told you that lol

Like I said, it’s just a better version of the happening without the environmental stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw the Green Book this past Saturday- Damn good movie and great performances by Viggo Mortensen and  Mahershala Ali (Those two should be in the running for best Actor).  But more importantly the Mrs loved it. 

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bird Box is not even close to a horror movie.  It's not scary in the least.  I'd say it's just a suspense apocalyptic movie.

FWIW I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.  It was very tense and I just thought the acting was pretty good overall in it.

7 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This sounds awful. 🤣

Well The Happening is one of the worst movies, if not the worst movie, I have ever watched to completion.  Well pretty much all of M. Knight Shamalayadingdong's movies are the worst that I've ever seen other than 6th Sense, but I no longer waste my time on his computer and utter ****.

This movie was nothing like The Happening IMO as far as how good/bad it is.  They aren't even on the same wave length.   Bird Box is light years ahead of that pile of ****.

• Haha 2

Phantom Thread

After first seeing the trailer, I had zero interest in seeing this movie...thought it was gonna be something like a Victorian period piece love story where the guy is a proper Englishman finding love late in his life with a young woman who shows him how to live blah blah blah....good lort, was I ever wrong lol....

Basically about a famous dress designer who meets a simple woman/waitress in a small town out in the countryside and starts a relationship with her. This movie is superbly acted all around from every angle, has stupendous, often dangerously realistic dialogue between the main three characters, and goes in a direction that's impossible to see coming. I was going "wait....wait....WHAT?!" lol...And since it's directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, that should have tipped me off that it wasn't the type of movie I was expecting from the trailer.

• Like 3

Call my wife sheltered, but she turned off Bird Box after 20 minutes. She just saw the billboards and heard the hype and wanted to know what it was about.

Too many f-bombs for the kids (there really was no reason for those gratuitous words).

She turned off the original Fast & Furious recently due to suggestive content in the beginning (girl encouraging one of racers...).

I won't tell her I think Deadpool 2 was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen.... they took out the over the top raunchiness that turned me off to the first one.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it. You know that idiot turned down the role that Ludacris played in the sequel. They wanted that same character to be in Miami helping out Brian. Ja could have been a major part of this franchise instead of Luda. 

Ha, he did Half Past Dead with Steven Seagal instead.  That movie was so bad is was actually entertaining.

To be fair with Fast and Furious, when Vin Diesel turned down the sequel and it flopped that franchise looked dead in the water.  Not sure anyone saw it coming back the way it did.  

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly I'm ready for the franchise to be without everyone. Should've died after 5 (which felt like a true swan song)

They gonna be running from aliens next? Egyptian mummies? Jetskiing from a Kraken? **** outta here

Jetskiing from a Kraken :rofl89:

The Rock is about to wrap shooting his F&F spinoff "Calvin & Hobbs." 

• Thanks 1