Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Chime in and let us know what you think!

Not quite the instant classic some reviews made it out to be, but It Follows is a very good movie. Unique concept, great atmosphere and cinematography and a kick-ass score. Slow burn, not gory and will stay with you well after the movie.

Highly recommended.

• Like 3

Furious 7 was a lot of fun! Big action, self-aware cheesiness, and some real good jokes and gags. What surprised me the most was the audience reaction, everyone had a good time. I don't see any oscars in it like Vin said, but who cares, enjoy it.

What I really like is how the franchise has transformed from teenage street racing to full-blown action spectacles.

• Like 2

Fast 7.

fun. That's all I got. Big muscles, big guns, big displacement. Two hours of adrenaline and goosebumps. The final scene was pretty touching. 8/10. Rest peacefully, Paul.

That was the unofficial kickoff to what looks to be a magical summer for the movies.

THAT SAN ANDREAS TRAILER THOUGH!!

• Like 2

-buy tickets online, you can view the theater to select your tickets

-assigned seating

-full restaurant and bar (they bring food into the theaters through doors in the back)

-nobody under 18 allowed after 5 pm

And my favorite part...themed pre-games, based on what movie you're seeing. Today we saw Fast and Furious. 40 minutes before the movie (to order food), they showed the car chase scenes from Cobra, Bullit, and Ronin (full scenes bro). They also showed Hot Wheels commercials from the 1970s, a 68 Camara commercial, and several 70s behind the scenes clips from car stunts. plus that old viral video of Vin Diesel break dancing when he was 17.

I've said it before, but the last time I saw a movie NOT at the alamo Drafthouse was probably sometime in 2012. No other movie experience even comes close.

They have a Talladega Nights "quote a long" this weekend with race car flags, in-theater foot race, all you can drink beer....EPIC stuff, dude. Seriously.

This weekend they also had Duel (spielberg's first movie), Christine, Drive, Buckaroo Bonzai, Bullit, Tommy Boy quote along. All these showings are packed and sold out.

Alamo is like a movie experience for hipsters and movie lovers. The staff often dress up in cool costumes and ****. If the one in Ashburn is anything like the one here, I give you my word if you go there, you'll never go to a regular theater again. I haven't for nearly 3 years, and we go to the movies about 20-25 times a year.

• Like 1

Ok.  So you guys know that I'm not a huge movie follower, but the last couple of years I've been trying to watch classic movies I've never seen like Good Will Hunting and The Big Lebowski to name a couple.  Well, I found another one that I never cared to see at the time:

Fight Club.

My take?  Not really impressed.  I'd give it a C+.  Good action, good fights, but once I figured out what was going on, I was disappointed, especially the ending. Oh well.

HBO and Cinemax have a free preview this weekend. Have about 8 movies lined up.