Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career (multi-merged---see the latest Manning rumors/"me too" articles here)

mzkp54

Its actually pretty on point and what has been given to you guys for awhile but refuse to listen. Skins internal grade on Flynn is poor as I have been saying for weeks. Skins grade on Orton is a no thanks unless Rex acts a fool. Everyone here knows what I have said about 18 and RG3 and when its all said and done one of them will be here. peace

i hope its Rg 3 and not Peyton in the end and yeah that's consistent with what you've said that the skins are high on both. though i recall you saying Tannehill might be in the equation, this article implies he's not.

i hope its Rg 3 and not Peyton in the end and yeah that's consistent with what you've said that the skins are high on both. though i recall you saying Tannehill might be in the equation, this article implies he's not.

article implies the quys they saw aka the senior bowl. They like Tannehill but he will take a few years to get up to speed.

Its actually pretty on point and what has been given to you guys for awhile but refuse to listen. Skins internal grade on Flynn is poor as I have been saying for weeks. Skins grade on Orton is a no thanks unless Rex acts a fool. Everyone here knows what I have said about 18 and RG3 and when its all said and done one of them will be here. peace

Any hints at who we might be targeting at wide receiver in free agency?

Not a slam on NLC or others who qualify, but:

As we have been REPEATEDLY (using underlining and caps each time :D) saying, when (if) there is a NEW and MEANINGFUL story from a SERIOUS ACTUAL NEWS SOURCE on Manning/Redskins it can be an acceptbale new thread in the stadium.

Until then, they will continue to be merged with the very active Manning rumors/news thread in ATN. Since I am such a nice guy, I have not been issuing NNTs for this particular ongoing lack of awareness, and will continue to extend that charity. Until I tire of it. :evilg: :ols: (j/k).

...I listen...

*walks away slowly while "The Incredible Hulk" ending music plays in the background*

article implies the quys they saw aka the senior bowl. They like Tannehill but he will take a few years to get up to speed.

OK, makes sense. I wonder if the Rams would consider trading their pick early. Otherwise, its not easy for teams including us to gauge who to pursue or not. if we get Peyton I presume RG 3 is off the table. If the Dolphins lets say sign Peyton and the Browns Flynn, then the Rams lose some trade leverage.

LL56, lots of people "listen." Even your own 45 page thread on the topic showed that (as we discussed) people on a site like this will re-hash every possible (and even near-impossible) scenario and even innumerable variations of it, ad infinitum.

So any suggestion that any of these 3 particular main scenarios (trade up to get RG3; interest in Manning or Flynn or Manning and another QB) has been widely repudiated or rejected by ES membership at large isn't very valid.

<the following is in general, not a reply or response to anyone's post>

The rumor mill keeps finding a different source saying the same generic thing for weeks now. Yawn. Now as to who thinks what among those scenarios is a good or bad move, that's obviously always up for grabs.

Meanwhile, and not really off-topic in these off-season days of rumor-mill focus, my personal take on all this little sub-culture and any sturm und drang around "insider" action (including any "competitiveness" or sycophant-supported activity as to who has the "firstest" and "biggest" news whether a "Rodksins", or anyone on this site, or any site anywhere) I personally find it gets tiresome and remain pretty uninterested.

I told TK I'd thought about starting a thread for members to list what the 3 biggest pieces of "insider" info they got from ES in the last five years that turned out to be true, and then describe how much it enjoyably enhanced their "fan experiecne" to know whatever it was before it was actually announced by a major news source as an actual reality (which does usually happems a day or two before the FO does a press release). It's just soemthing I've been curious about.

That might still be fun to check. Anyhoo, I begrudge no one their fun on the matter, whether I really get into it or not, so carry on. :pfft:

Talking about any of this stuff at great length is one major way for many to pass away free time during off-season. How much it matters other than a way for passing time until things REALLY happen and our thoughts can be applied to realities for the team rather a myriad of varying projections seems minimal to me. But then I'm kept plenty busy here so I don't have to fill the time as much as some of you. :D:ols:

It's not a rumor it's a fact and like I said there are people on here that know how close I am with my source

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 08:01 PM ----------

I appreciate the input. I guess I do still have some learning of the rules to do. I'll go ahead and give em a better read thru now but thanks for the help

So if we get Manning, what are odds we go after RG3? Going all in with 18 is risky. Having 18 and RG3 as future/health insurance is brilliant.

Now, not really off-topic in these off-season days of rumor-mill focus, my personal take on all this little sub-culture and any sturm und drang around "insider" action (including any "competitiveness" or sycophant-supported activity as to who has the "firstest" and "biggest" news) I personally find it gets tiresome and remain pretty uninterested.

Fixed

---------- Post added February-7th-2012 at 08:03 PM ----------

So if we get Manning, what are odds we go after RG3? Going all in with 18 is risky. Having 18 and RG3 as future/health insurance is brilliant.

Especially if PM does get injured and goes on IR, he will still be around to mentor III.

I told TK I'd thought about starting a thread for members to list what the 3 biggest pieces of "insider" info they got from ES in the last five years that turned out to be true, and then describe how much it enjoyably enhanced their "fan experiecne" to know whatever it was before it was actually announced by a major news source as an actual reality (which does usually happems a day or two before the FO does a press release). It's just soemthing I've been curious about.

That might still be fun to check. Anyhoo, I begrudge no one their fun on the matter, whether I really get into it or not, so carry on. :pfft:

Talking about any of this stuff at great length is one major way for many to pass away free time during off-season. How much it matters other than a way for passing time until things REALLY happen and our thoughts can be applied to realities for the team rather a myriad of varying projections seems minimal to me. But then I'm kept plenty busy here so I don't have to fill the time as much as some of you. :D:ols:

When Andyman broke the Moss news 7 or 8 years ago, that was fun. Then he disappered into the darkness.... :-(

So...it's Peyton or RG3. Awesome. Give me either and I'll be a happy man.

I know that we have a few holes on D, but I really think that the anemic offensive production is what is holding them back. Give Haslett a couple more TDs to work with, and I think we'll see the kinda blitzing/head stomping that we all enjoy. Ahh...off season delusional fandom. I love it. :D

Andyman was the Great One.:)

Thanks for looking out for my typical finger-dyslexia mbws---I have to usually spell check even short posts several times. No excuse either, for all the keyboarding I've had to do over the last decade-plus, including writing research and very lengthy complicated technical works. I suck at keyboards.

Especially if PM does get injured and goes on IR, he will still be around to mentor III.

If Shanahan picks up Manning I would think it means they had him go through full physicals and workouts and are convinced he is completely healthy which in turn means that they expect to get a good 2-3 years out of him. I have a hard time seeing them getting Peyton and still trading multiple picks to move to #2 and draft a QB who will likely be sitting on the bench for 3 seasons, especially with the way rookie contracts are structured now and their duration. I think it would be more likely that they would use that pick for another elite talent that falls or trade back a bit and keep Sexy Rexy as the backup (or pick up another FA guy to compete for backup).

Could Peyton get hurt again? Sure. Any player can get hurt at any time. From what I've read on here and elsewhere Peyton's neck procedure, as long as it heals fully and correctly, doesn't really make him any more prone to neck injuries than he would have been before it. If we got Manning and Griffin fell to us at #6 I could see us taking him then and sitting him but I don't see a scenario where we take Peyton and also trade multiple picks to move up for Griffin.

It amazes me how many people are bragging about "knowing" or "calling" that the Redskins are interested in the top available QB in the NFL Draft (luck is called for) and the top NFL quarterback in Free Agency.

Call me when you have "insider" info that tells me something.

BTW:

I am making the following prediction SO YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST:

Saints re-sign Brees

Hmm...it would appear that all a division rival would have to do to get an advantage over the Redskins is walk up to any coach or coordinator, claim you're a huge Skins fan, then ask that coach all of the Skins' front office secrets and plans lol :ols:...

Shanahan: "You TOLD the Eagles' LBs coach what our draft day plans were?!..."

Haslett: "Um...but he said he was a huge Skins fan!"

Shanahan: :doh:

Archived