Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career (multi-merged---see the latest Manning rumors/"me too" articles here)

mzkp54

Even if Luck refused to play there the Colts are still gonna get a king's ransom for the #1 pick. So I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

And how has he mishandled anything? It's his perogative if he wants to fire the GM. The head coach (who definitely should have been canned), or anyone else he wants to get rid of. About the only thing I can really get on him about is the stupid twitter thing. He shouldn't be on it. At least not using it the way he does.

Getting a king's ransom for the pick wouldn't make up for having to deal with the embarassment of having a rookie QB that would rather risk not playing at all then working for you. And if I'm Luck and I see how Irsay is treating Manning, I'd be having serious reservations about wanting to put myself in the same situation.

The mishandled part is that he never sat down with Peyton, who as I mentioned is the only reason Indianapolis is relevant when it comes to football, and be upfront about what their plan of action is. Mishandling is being a complete fool on twitter yourself and throwing out information all the time, then when Peyton expresses his feelings about things, says things should be kept "in house". How hypocritical can he be? Colts are a "family", but apparently they're a family that admittedly aren't talking to the one member of the family who's made the "family" successful about his future? The new GM only just a few days ago apparently talked to Peyton for the first time.

I have no problem with him firing the GM or the head coach, their performance this year underscores how poor they were at their job. Peyton is a different story, he proved how valuable he was to your franchise and this is how he gets treated. That said, I have no problem with them choosing to move on from Peyton either, but man up and talk to the guy. Family my ***.

Shanahan's boy Schefter just tweeted : If Peyton Manning is released, Redskins are expected to pursue him. Redskins also prepared to pursue free agents Matt Flynn and Kyle Orton.
Man, if the Skins DO go after Manning: Either Shanahan's lost his mind and McNabb wasn't just an aberration, or Dan Snyder's back in the FO. :(

Peyton Manning at 50% > Rex Grossman + John Beck at 100%.

I think they need to pick up Manning, and also take a qb in the draft. The rookie qb wouldn't play right away anyway, and who better to learn from than Manning??? And the Redskins/Giants rivalry would be AWESOME.

Peyton has a wish list and would love to play in Miami since he has a condo down there. Dolphins would make sense for him.

Ding, Ding, Ding....looks like the feeling is mutual.

In the event of a breakup with the Indianapolis Colts, Peyton Manning has interest in joining the Miami Dolphins, according to a report in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Citing an unnamed NFL source, the report indicated the Dolphins are on a short list of teams that Manning would consider if he is released by the Colts.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-04/peyton-manning-miami-dolphins-have-mutual-interest#ixzz1lWs8sYPw

I don't think there's any way the Redskins would even pursue Manning. Maybe had the McNabb fiasco not happened. But not now. Ok, I guess I shouldn't say "any" way. Because Shanahan is about at the point of now or never. He may feel the pressure to make a move like this in order to win now. Other than that, I just don't see it.

Well, normally I'd dismiss this type of report but with the relationship that Schefter has with Shanahan, it would be really bizarre for him to just randomly report that without legit source.

Does that mean it'll happen? No, not at all. I'd assume they would look at him as an option, it would be silly to say "no way" at this point without knowing how things may play out in the next month or so.

Peyton Manning at 50% > Rex Grossman + John Beck at 100%.

I think they need to pick up Manning, and also take a qb in the draft. The rookie qb wouldn't play right away anyway, and who better to learn from than Manning??? And the Redskins/Giants rivalry would be AWESOME.

if he cant get the velocity back then its really Peyton at 20%

And if Peyton can't turn his head like he needs to, it's even lower. Still above Rex+Beck, but nowhere near good enough considering we aren't one player away anyways.

Now that is just sad, if Manning has no velocity and can't turn his head, he's still better than Rex plus Beck. Here's to a good decision on a QB we can grow into OUR system.

https://twitter.com/#%21/howardeskin/statuses/166202261016551424

Told by 2 people close to Mannings that Peyton very likely to be a Redskin despite smokescreen being put of their by Skins to seek other QBs

I can't understand why these things keep coming out, all just BS because of the Redskins past or is there fire somewhere in the smoke?

I guess I could see this move if we had zero chance of landing RGIII but that doesn't seem like it's out of reach.

Archived