Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career (multi-merged---see the latest Manning rumors/"me too" articles here)

mzkp54

If we can't get Andrew Luck, then I would be happy to get Peyton. We would be a 10+ win team with Peyton and our defense. All we would need is upgrades at the WR position and in the secondary. I'm liking Tyler Wilson (or Landry Jones) as a potential future franchise QB in the 2013 draft.

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

ya i'm with you. i'm on this board every day- hours every week- and i dont remember hearing anything about the mcnabb trade beforehand.

I think people were still arguing who the Eagles would keep at QB, McNabb or Kolb.

From what i've heard the neck injury shouldnt happen again. since the surgery went well he is not "one hit away" anymore than the next nfl player. the question is nerve regrowth and strength in his throwing arm, which COULD be back to normal by may. but either way shanny will have a decent grasp over whether he thinks peyton will be able to play well, and i'll trust him on his judgement

The Redskins coaching staff will begin meeting tomorrow to discuss free agency but one thing has already been discussed. My source on the coaching staff has told me that if Peyton Manning hits the free agency market that the team will do anything necessary to sign him. His exact words were "if he is a free agent then he obviously has a choice but our choice would be yes"

If Peyton is completely healthy, we still have to grab a QB, i would try to trade down with a team and try to land another 1st or 2nd round pick. Grab Tannehill, and the best Oline/dline possible.

And remember last year, how everyone was saying we were getting the guard from the bugs, vince young and Ryan Harris from the broncos. how did that work out?

I hope Peyton does end up in Washington. Even at 75%, he is better than any QB we have had here in years. Sign Peyton and draft Tannehill as back-up.

i am starting to warm up to this option. keep all the picks, get the third-best qb in the draft unless rg3 drops to us, and roll forward with manning for a couple years while tannehill matures. we would fill even more holes, become a more complete team, and hopefully let tannehill step in to a team ready to contend.

Can't say and don't have to. Anybody here can believe what they want but b4 u jump on that bandwagon I would wait for TK to weigh in because he knows my info is good and my source is legit and very close to me....

Yeah, I know too (theoretically) if you remember...and while chatting with TK on Insider Island can be fun for all who like that stuff, you still need to learn to follow the rules on making new threads, unfortunately.:(

You might be legit. But damn dude you need a track record first. And how about "rumor" in the title?

It's not a rumor it's a fact and like I said there are people on here that know how close I am with my source

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 08:01 PM ----------

Yeah, I know too (theoretically) if you remember...and while chatting with TK on Insider Island can be fun for all who like that stuff, you still need to learn to follow the rules on making new threads, unfortunately.:(

I appreciate the input. I guess I do still have some learning of the rules to do. I'll go ahead and give em a better read thru now but thanks for the help

... so tired of these phantom sources.

While I can totally understand the frustration with unnamed sources, sometimes people have to understand that if you name them you lose them. Part of this is just the fun of hearing what is going on. Some people on this board have ripped people apart and forced them to leave when they solid information.

In my short peek behind the curtain I have learned some times what you don't say keeps you informed.

I am not saying there are not people who troll around acting like they are informed and throwing crap on the walls....just pay attention to the person breaking the news track record....if you don't believe it move along...don't ruin the fun for those who enjoy this stuff.

lol GHH, I sense the wishful thinking in your words.

While that's all conjecture, the salary cap situation is fact. If they pay Peyton in March, they're not getting any high (as in top 5, as in the expensive ones) draft picks, but that would mean they go into next season as basically an improved version of the Peyton-led Colts, which would mean they're not likely to pick very high for a QB the following year.

The only way it would work is if they just plain don't like Andrew Luck that much. It would have less to do with Peyton than Luck.

Time will tell Dirt man, but if Peyton's passed 100% in every aspect; the prudent move would be to leave the master at the helm of the O, and stockpile picks for a D that's gona' need a complete overhaul with new players to fit the new HC's scheme. (Aside from their other holes across the board.). Taking those extra picks, and using one on either a later round project to sit like Tannehill whilst Manning see's out his career; or looking at packaging something for Barkley say next year would be the best way for the Colts to go IMHO. (And I'm trying to look impartially here and not just from a Redskins craving Andrew Luck standpoint.).

Luck's a massive figure to turn down. But if Peyton is full go, the bigger picture may just seem them do that. That's what my gut still say's FWIW.

Time will tell, and as you say everything on everything is pure conjecture at this moment in time.

Hail.

I'm hoping that means Shanny liked what he saw in Tannehill and will trade down, get him and more high round picks, and stock the team further for Peyton to win and for Tannehill to have time to learn and inherit a winner. Get Bowe in free agency, or Wayne, and bring Hankerson along, with Cooley healthy and Davis back, use the draft for a RT, lower picks for OL depth, and higher picks after RT to fill up the secondary and we're in pretty good shape, especially with the ground game already in place. This assumes a healthy Peyton able to play at an effective level.

If Peyton's healthy enough to hit free agency, and ergo healthy enough to play; I personally still don't think he will as I still don't think the Colts release the face of their franchise and all he means to them and that town if he still has something to give.

Hail.

ya, in theory, and in a perfect world, youre right. but the reality of business, and the fact that irsay is a bit of a loose cannon jackass, i think peyton is done in indy.

Archived