Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cracked: 9 bad drivers Nobody Complains about

skinsfan1523

Just thought of another one, and once again this is about how nobody thinks of the cars behind them. People in a left turn lane who are waiting for traffic to pass in order to make a left turn and don't pull into a large intersection at all so as to let the car behind them also pull part of their car into the intersection. Two cars should be able to turn left as the light turns yellow and red in a sizable intersection. But that can't happen if the guy in front refuses to so much as put their front bumper into the intersection before actually making the turn.

Just thought of another one, and once again this is about how nobody thinks of the cars behind them. People in a left turn lane who are waiting for traffic to pass in order to make a left turn and don't pull into a large intersection at all so as to let the car behind them also pull part of their car into the intersection. Two cars should be able to turn left as the light turns yellow and red in a sizable intersection. But that can't happen if the guy in front refuses to so much as put their front bumper into the intersection before actually making the turn.

In some states, California for example, this is actually illegal.

I long ago came to the conclusion that "niceness" on the roads actually does way more harm than good because ****ing nobody thinks about the cars that are behind them, even if there are a hundred. I've seen cars just arbitrarily decide to stop, during rush hour, at a green light, for no particular reason whatsoever, and motion for a few pedestrians to cross the street, even as the pedestrian signal is in "talk to the hand" mode. That's great, you saved ten people twenty seconds while costing fifty the same amount of time, while risking an accident in the process. Gold star for you!

Lately this has been one of the most frequently encountered annoyances while driving. Specifically, in the City of Falls Church, there are numerous places where the W&OD trail intersects with streets in the city. The City has put up signs at these intersections that say "Yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk." No problem. Only most people seem to read this and respond to it as "Stop. If there are any cyclists or pedestrians within 100 ft of the intersection wait to allow them to cross." It's not a stop sign. People shouldn't be stopping if there's nobody around. Since all these people stop now I know to be prepared for it; but when they first put those signs in I nearly rear-ended some people who were stopping when there was no reason to (nobody there).

lolol this list is so funny...especially the graphics. I am totally #9. I suck at driving next to barriers and I avoid them with all cost. I have images in my head that I'm going to swerve and smash into them.

or that my wheels will scrape them...ughhh why can't the construction workers allow for a LITTLE shoulder???

Well you are a female driver....

#6 Is a major one for me. I do a lot of driving between Allentown, PA and my hometown of Rockville. Mostly on I-78 and 81 up here there is no shortage of *******s (usually from New York or New Jersey but sometimes Pennsylvanians) who will speed like ****ing crazy to pass you on the right and try to cut over in front of you in spite of the fact that there is a line of cars in front of you a mile long that nobody can do anything about.

It is extra frustrating to me because I'm a fast driver, I routinely go above the posted speed limit, but I do it safely. I do NOT follow closely or tailgate. I do NOT pass people on the right unless I give them a very good amount of time to notice I'm behind them and move over and they're clearly driving in La-La land. I also don't pass on the right if there is nothing to be gained by it. If I'm on an open highway for miles around and I encounter one car that is driving in the left lane 20 MPH slower than I am, I'll go around on the right. If I'm speeding along in somewhat congested traffic and I have the opportunity to pass somebody on the right if I floor it and weave over just before I smash into the back of a vehicle in the right hand lane, and even then I get to sit behind a truck and a whole line of cars in the left, I'm not going to do it.

God I ****ing hate just watching these *******s pass me or other people like the people they're passing are intentionally going slow or being idiot drivers. If you are sitting 10 yards behind a ****ing tractor trailer and there are 10 tractor trailers in front of that one scattered in the right and left hand lanes, what the **** are you supposed to do about that? I suppose that the line of thought from such psychopathic drivers is that if you're not dodging and weaving your way through those trucks like a suicidal maniac, you're a piece of **** that needs to be passed.

I'm not a person that doesn't move over either. If the road is open and I spot a much faster car coming, I LOVE to move over. They're more likely to draw the attention of any cops in speed traps, leaving the road open for me. I also like to have dangerous drivers far away from me and so I always get over. I don't get over when I'm not even going nearly as fast as I would like. I'm not simply existing to these idiots can tailgate me, I move over to the right, they tailgate the guy in front of me, and I move back out. In the past I've gotten into a few incidents with brake checking people fairly hard and tailgating people who are being especially annoying. I have since stopped this practice because it is just as stupid and dangerous to myself and the people around me as the very things I'm complaining about. Its just very frustrating dealing with these ****ing morons on a regular basis.

I really believe that there should be two driver's licenses. You get your license without ever driving on a highway. How sad is that? The most dangerous road you could be on where knowing the rules can be a matter of life and death, and we're more concerned with whether or not you can parallel park- a skill which I have used a dozen times in almost a decade of driving. There should be required courses on highway driving and highway safety. The driving test should be split into two parts- city/small roads and highways. Two different written tests, two different in car tests. I know this would slow down the system, but what are the statistics for teen car related deaths and injuries? If I'm not mistaken the numbers are staggering.

You should have to demonstrate that you know the rules of the highway. That you know when it is safe to overtake somebody, that you know safe following distances for dry and wet conditions. You should demonstrate that you can navigate through congested traffic effectively, that you can enter and exit the highway without riding the ****ing ramp to the end or coming to a dead stop for god knows what reason. Install an easy pass like system that reads whether or not you have a highway license at on ramps to major interstates. Have police waiting at reasonable intervals, don't let anybody onto the highway that hasn't passed the rigorous highway safety tests.

Oh and as long as I'm dreaming I'd like a 68 SS Camaro to cruise down 270 on.

I expect even more from people so I am super perplexed and pissed when I see someone in a right hand turn lane (on a red but a legal turn available on red) with people towards the right making LEFTHAND turns going the other way. And yet the person in the turn lane is examining oncoming lane, like there's someone in it. DIPSTICK, it's not 3D driving with flying cars, no one is going to fly OVER The left-turning traffic and smash you, ****ING GO. The lefthand turning cars are blocking what would be oncoming traffic for you, it's physics, what the **** are you waiting for?

Yeah, that **** annoys me too. Have some situational awareness.

People who completely STOP after coming off the highway when there is a MERGE LANE. Hey mother ****er, there's a GD merge lane for a reason! Don't stop ****ing traffic so you can get three lanes over because your ass is too lazy to safely merge into the MERGE LANE and then proceed to get 3 lanes over to do whatever the **** you were going to do. I want to slash those people's tires. Happens every day on my way to work.

It more annoys me when people do that getting on the highway, because you need to get up to speed.

Another thing that annoys me is someone thinking a lane is a merge lane when it is not and they stop to merge. I've seen that a few times.

I get more annoyed by people who stick themselves in the middle of an intersection during a light change. Please wait at the light until you know you have enough clearance to clear the intersection, because those of us going the other direction would like to get through the intersection at some point today.

Lately this has been one of the most frequently encountered annoyances while driving. Specifically, in the City of Falls Church, there are numerous places where the W&OD trail intersects with streets in the city. The City has put up signs at these intersections that say "Yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk." No problem. Only most people seem to read this and respond to it as "Stop. If there are any cyclists or pedestrians within 100 ft of the intersection wait to allow them to cross." It's not a stop sign. People shouldn't be stopping if there's nobody around. Since all these people stop now I know to be prepared for it; but when they first put those signs in I nearly rear-ended some people who were stopping when there was no reason to (nobody there).

I had to get used to that behavior when I was commuting to Reston, since I had to take Hunter Mill to get there. Unfortunately, people do tend to slow down there because visibility of who's coming up on the trail isn't always the greatest.

That being said, as one who uses the trail on a semi-regular basis, I do appriciate the courtesy shown by drivers.

I would have added:

1 - Drivers that slow down to 15mph in a highway merge lane. Also drivers that slow down significantly to change lanes on the highway when their is no reason to do so.

2 - Drivers that swerve to the right before making a left turn as if they were driving 16 wheeler

3 - Drivers that constantly sway back and forth between the extreme left and right limits of the lane they are in causing other drivers to think they are going to change lanes constantly.

One gripe I have on busy roads like the beltway is the driver who signals to get over, but never does. So I'm in stop and go on the inner loop in MoCo and someone from the left lane puts the R signal on. I see it, decide to be nice and let them over as I slow down just a bit and then nothing... You signaled buddy...Get over or turn off the signal.

And how about a thank you wave?

I would have added:

1 - Drivers that slow down to 15mph in a highway merge lane. Also drivers that slow down significantly to change lanes on the highway when their is no reason to do so.

I was almost killed on the highway when an Asian woman (hey, it had to be said) decided that merging onto a highway at less than 30 mph at her fastest (and somehow lived through the luck of the stupid) and I had a huge truck coming up behind me at 70 mph. Thankfully, I was able to get back in the merge lane before full changing lanes and had to actually STOP at the end of the merge lane until I could get some space.

I would have added:

3 - Drivers that constantly sway back and forth between the extreme left and right limits of the lane they are in causing other drivers to think they are going to change lanes constantly.

This is a highly prized skill where I live. Never let them know what you'll do. NEVER!!! ;)

Actually, I have major issues with people driving incorrectly at rotaries. People in the rotary have the right of way. Period. But, since lots of douchewads around here thrive on intimidating other drivers to make up that precious millisecond, that's widely disregarded. So, the squeamish will flinch and stop dead in a rotary when an aggressive driver seems to be about to enter it without stopping. The way to fix that is to direct the nose of your car right at the place where the aggressive driver is trying to enter the rotary. This usually stops them. Why can't people understand this?

What about when you're stopped at a red light and there's a right turn lane that opens, you want to go right, but the **** in front of you has left 2 car lengths between him and the car in front making sure there's not enough room between his car and the curb for you to hop into that lane and take your right hand turn?

**** that guy

[ATTACH]46056[/ATTACH]

Sorry guys, I am #9 :( I have terrible depth perception and when the panic walls are on the passenger side, I probably creep into the middle/left lane. If they are on my side, I have no problem.

I would also like to add one of my own pet peeves: People who do not turn on their headlights when their windshield wipers or instrument lights are turned on. If your wipers are turned on (ie, when it's raining) or your instrument lights are on (ie, it's dark out), then so should be your headlights.

My biggest problem are the people that believe there is no fate worse than having to drive to the next light and make a u-turn because they were in the right (or left) lane when they wanted to make a left (or right) at the light. No, by all means, cut across 3 lanes of traffic and almost cause multiple accidents so that you don't miss your turn. That extra 1 minute to safely make a u-turn at the next light is obviously too inconvenient.

Thank you! Or sitting at the green light/arrow with their blinker on because they can't get into or out of that turn lane yet. By all means delay everyone behind you because you effed up.

And in the same class, the people that start to get on the highway, see there's traffic, THEN BACK UP all the way back the onramp so they don't have to get into the traffic. Are you freaking kidding me?

People who can see that there's traffic backed up all the way from the the next light, but their light is about to turn red so they zoom through anyway and block the intersection. Hey, that traffic ahead of you will move sooner or later right? Happens every day at a light near my office, to the point that I'm always in the right lane b/c I expect the middle and left lanes to be blocked by ******* gridlockers. Boy it would sure be a tragedy if you had to wait for the light to cycle through once more.

At shopping centers, the people who are entering and can not comprehend the sign saying "Please proceed without stopping"

I don't need you to be nice and stop so I can go, just follow the sign. Stopping only increases the chance of an accident. Do what the damn sign says and stop ruining everything.

At shopping centers, the people who are entering and can not comprehend the sign saying "Please proceed without stopping"

:applause:

Pretty much every mall or significant shopping center has this traffic pattern and sign. Yet ****ers still stop for no reason when entering the lot.

Sorry guys, I am #9 :( I have terrible depth perception and when the panic walls are on the passenger side, I probably creep into the middle/left lane. If they are on my side, I have no problem.

haha, i'm the opposite...I can deal with the barrier is on the passenger side, but if they are next to me....nope

What about when you're stopped at a red light and there's a right turn lane that opens, you want to go right, but the **** in front of you has left 2 car lengths between him and the car in front making sure there's not enough room between his car and the curb for you to hop into that lane and take your right hand turn?

**** that guy

[ATTACH]46056[/ATTACH]

:ols: :ols: :ols:

I love the MS Paint attachment.

#2. Slow Drivers In Denial

My biggest pet peeve on the road, especially if they are the ones in the right hand lane! :redpunch:

Dude, driving on 95 every morning... this one pisses me off. And these drivers legitimately get offended when you try to pass them. This article was hilarious.

People who can see that there's traffic backed up all the way from the the next light, but their light is about to turn red so they zoom through anyway and block the intersection. Hey, that traffic ahead of you will move sooner or later right? Happens every day at a light near my office, to the point that I'm always in the right lane b/c I expect the middle and left lanes to be blocked by ******* gridlockers. Boy it would sure be a tragedy if you had to wait for the light to cycle through once more.

This is a common occurrence at many intersections. Seven Corners comes to mind.

591831-do-not-block-intersection-sign.jpg

I think these people are trying to create this type of situation:

blockthebox.jpg

Archived