Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cracked: 9 bad drivers Nobody Complains about

skinsfan1523

#7 and #4. I am constantly amazed by the number of people who don't know the rules (or that ignore them) at all-way stop intersections.

I will add a variant to the people who hang out in your blind spot. People who are afraid to pass semi-trucks on the highway and as a result put themselves in a dangerous spot for a longer period than need be because they camp out in the blind spot of these trucks. Just pass them quickly and be done with it and you're away from any potential hazard from hanging out next to the truck (especially in their blind spots). :doh:

I delivered pizzas for almost four years while in school. Also have picked up Saturdays again even though I have an office job now (more money, more bills--$80 for four hours ain't bad for a one day side job). Nothing teaches you driving like doing it for the money. Crack nailed it here. I've seen it all, and all of it kills me.

Particularly like #9. They've got that barrier on the Roosevelt Bridge (66, right off of Constitution). I don't tthink I've driven across that thing once--in thousands of times--and not seen at least one driver freak out next to that barrier.

#10: people that make a late turn into your pathway and stay in your lane, causing you to slow down. i just dont get it. either hit the gas or get in the other lane. dont waste my time and make me brake when im going 55.

#11: the guy that doesnt properly secure whatever he's carrying in his truck. all i can think about is a final destination movie scene where a steel rod comes through my windshield.

My biggest problem are the people that believe there is no fate worse than having to drive to the next light and make a u-turn because they were in the right (or left) lane when they wanted to make a left (or right) at the light. No, by all means, cut across 3 lanes of traffic and almost cause multiple accidents so that you don't miss your turn. That extra 1 minute to safely make a u-turn at the next light is obviously too inconvenient.

#12 - Some people driving on a busy street, wanting to make a right-hand turn onto a side street. There's no stop sign or light the direction they're going, but they still come to a complete stop for no reason, before turning onto the side street. Same thing to a lesser extent, when they come to a complete stop before pulling into a clearly open parking lot entrance.

LMOA! I HATTEEEEEE those people who let EVERYBODY IN! It's like come the **** on dude, there is more than enough space for you to get in, why the **** are you still waiting for a car that's 200 yards away to come up and pass?!?!

I long ago came to the conclusion that "niceness" on the roads actually does way more harm than good because ****ing nobody thinks about the cars that are behind them, even if there are a hundred. I've seen cars just arbitrarily decide to stop, during rush hour, at a green light, for no particular reason whatsoever, and motion for a few pedestrians to cross the street, even as the pedestrian signal is in "talk to the hand" mode. That's great, you saved ten people twenty seconds while costing fifty the same amount of time, while risking an accident in the process. Gold star for you!

Also, I want to axe murder anyone who doesn't notice when there's extra text directly below the No Turn On Red sign they're following so perfectly and no pedestrians are present.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 09:35 PM ----------

#12 - Some people driving on a busy street, wanting to make a right-hand turn onto a side street. There's no stop sign or light the direction they're going, but they still come to a complete stop for no reason, before turning onto the side street. Same thing to a lesser extent, when they come to a complete stop before pulling into a clearly open parking lot entrance.

*head explodes*

Yeah, that.

I long ago came to the conclusion that "niceness" on the roads actually does way more harm than good because ****ing nobody thinks about the cars that are behind them, even if there are a hundred. I've seen cars just arbitrarily decide to stop, during rush hour, at a green light, for no particular reason whatsoever, and motion for a few pedestrians to cross the street, even as the pedestrian signal is in "talk to the hand" mode. That's great, you saved ten people twenty seconds while costing fifty the same amount of time, while risking an accident in the process. Gold star for you!

Also, I want to axe murder anyone who doesn't notice when there's extra text directly below a No Turn On Red sign and no pedestrians are present.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 09:35 PM ----------

*head explodes*

Yeah, that.

Exactly, being nice while driving means KNOWING the rules and FOLLOWING them. They're there for a reason.

lolol this list is so funny...especially the graphics. I am totally #9. I suck at driving next to barriers and I avoid them with all cost. I have images in my head that I'm going to swerve and smash into them.

or that my wheels will scrape them...ughhh why can't the construction workers allow for a LITTLE shoulder???

lolol this list is so funny...especially the graphics. I am totally #9. I suck at driving next to barriers and I avoid them with all cost. I have images in my head that I'm going to swerve and smash into them.

or that my wheels will scrape them...ughhh why can't the construction workers allow for a LITTLE shoulder???

It's a little scary to me, then I usually chastise myself with something like "Is it really *that* much trouble for me to stay within the lines?"

More psychological than anything, to me.

It's a little scary to me, then I usually chastise myself with something like "Is it really *that* much trouble for me to stay within the lines?"

More psychological than anything, to me.

yeah, but that's what scares me the most...those stupid psychological things.

Worse are the drivers who are turning right, get a green arrow, and still come to a complete stop and look both ways--twice--before going. ****ing kills me.

No, by all means, cut across 3 lanes of traffic and almost cause multiple accidents so that you don't miss your turn. That extra 1 minute to safely make a u-turn at the next light is obviously too inconvenient.

Oh God, I hate those people. It's not just U-turns you can do, you can go down one of two routes and just pull into a driveway (I'm talking fairly developed areas where this would not take more than a minute, regardless of light.)

Here's another people, maybe you've seen it wherever turn lanes are a major part of your traffic controls. You ever have to wait multiple lights because there is a "backup" in the regular lane adjacent to the turn lane and when you FINALLY get your signal and move past the normal lane (which happens when you get the turn signal but all lanes are not green) you notice that there are like 3 cars there but each one has decided they require 45 feet of space between them and the car in front....DURING RUSH HOUR.

**** YOU.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 11:12 PM ----------

Worse are the drivers who are turning right, get a green arrow, and still come to a complete stop and look both ways--twice--before going. ****ing kills me.

I expect even more from people so I am super perplexed and pissed when I see someone in a right hand turn lane (on a red but a legal turn available on red) with people towards the right making LEFTHAND turns going the other way. And yet the person in the turn lane is examining oncoming lane, like there's someone in it. DIPSTICK, it's not 3D driving with flying cars, no one is going to fly OVER The left-turning traffic and smash you, ****ING GO. The lefthand turning cars are blocking what would be oncoming traffic for you, it's physics, what the **** are you waiting for?

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 11:14 PM ----------

My favorite are the traffic cones/posts that are seemingly placed by PO'd construction workers who know they are making it so you will drive about 3 inches past those things in a lane that is UNNECESSARILY narrowed by an extra foot for SOME reason we can't discern.

I have seen barriers with metal 'handles' for machines or whatever and those stick out further than normal barriers and those are a little bit of an extra concern.

People who completely STOP after coming off the highway when there is a MERGE LANE. Hey mother ****er, there's a GD merge lane for a reason! Don't stop ****ing traffic so you can get three lanes over because your ass is too lazy to safely merge into the MERGE LANE and then proceed to get 3 lanes over to do whatever the **** you were going to do. I want to slash those people's tires. Happens every day on my way to work.

Archived