Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cracked: 9 bad drivers Nobody Complains about

skinsfan1523

People who ride your ass for 5 minutes, only to get over and pass you when they could have gotten over and passed you from the start.

People who speed all the way through toll roads, but slow to 45mph when they get to the drive through tolls (like on the ICC or 895 and Powhite in Richmond).

My favorite trick.....tapping the breaks for absolutely no reason! Also, I used to drive tractor trailers and sometimes still think that I do!

I couldn't see the article, so this may have been covered, but what about the guy who drives 45 no matter where he is? It's bad to be stuck behind that guy.

Yes, its fun to watch this guy, there are a lot of drivers who do the same thing. They speed when the limit is 25 and they cause bottlenecks for ten miles on the highway!

• 4 months later...

Women more likely to mistake gas pedal for brakes

Women are more likely than men to mistake the gas pedal for the brakes, according to federal safety regulators.

But before all those male drivers out there smugly stereotype women as bad drivers, men are more likely to be involved in an accident, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said.

“The most consistent finding across data sources was the striking overrepresentation of females in pedal misapplication crashes, relative to their involvement in all types of crashes,” the agency said in a report supporting its proposal this week to require automakers to make brake-throttle override systems standard in all vehicles.

The override systems help drivers regain control when a vehicle accelerates suddenly. Analysts say the override will help stop many instances of sudden acceleration but aren’t likely to prevent people from careening out of control when they step on the wrong pedal.

NHTSA estimates there are about 15 pedal misapplication crashes per month in the United States, and that the drivers in almost two-thirds of such crashes were women.

Click on the link for the full article

I don't like the idiot that pulls out in front of me and then stomps his gas because he's obviously caused me to hit my brakes... and there's no one behind me for miles. That extra 3 seconds it would take me to get by him is too much, and so he must nearly cause a collision.

~BAng

What about when you're stopped at a red light and there's a right turn lane that opens, you want to go right, but the **** in front of you has left 2 car lengths between him and the car in front making sure there's not enough room between his car and the curb for you to hop into that lane and take your right hand turn?

**** that guy

[ATTACH]46056[/ATTACH]

It's usually left turn lanes where it happens to me, but I get you. Big huge empty lane, there, leading right up to the traffic light. But I can't get there, because the people in front if me are guarding 2car lengths of empty space EACH, in front of them.

What REALLY gets to me, is, sitting there, looking at the empty left turn lane. I sit and wait for like 3 minutes. Them the left turn lane gets a green arrow. And I have to sit there and watch, while they all go. Then the left arrow turns yellow. Then red. Then the "straight ahead" light turns green.

And THEN, the instant that their light turns green, THEN they decide that that two car lengths if empty space they've been guarding isn't important any more. There's 12 cars stopped in front of them. But the instant that it's too late for me to turn left, THEN they pull forward two car lengths (and stop), allowing me to pull into the left turn lane. (And wait, for another full cycle of the light, because I couldn't pull into the lane until AFTER the left turn window closed).

I don't like the idiot that pulls out in front of me and then stomps his gas because he's obviously caused me to hit my brakes... and there's no one behind me for miles. That extra 3 seconds it would take me to get by him is too much, and so he must nearly cause a collision.

~BAng

By far my biggest pet peeve. Seriously, wait until I pass ****er.

Just thought of another one, and once again this is about how nobody thinks of the cars behind them. People in a left turn lane who are waiting for traffic to pass in order to make a left turn and don't pull into a large intersection at all so as to let the car behind them also pull part of their car into the intersection. Two cars should be able to turn left as the light turns yellow and red in a sizable intersection. But that can't happen if the guy in front refuses to so much as put their front bumper into the intersection before actually making the turn.

It literally drives me nuts when people drive like they're the only people on the road. There a lot of examples of this but the one that absolutely makes my head explode is driving in rush hour traffic and seeing some idiot that leaves 6, 8, or even 10 car lengths in front of them while slowly coasting, not realizing or caring that doing stupid :censored: like that screws all the cars behind him/her...all to save .000003 inch on their brakes or .00000000001 cents worth of gas, or just because they're lazy sacks of crap. :tantrum:

I'm not suggesting tailgating BTW, just maintaining a :censored: sensible distance. :cuss:

I hate when people get in the merge lane, but are so anxious to get in the main lane they just stop and put their signal on until someone lets them in. The intersection of Rte 27 and Brink Rd is always backed up, partially because of people who don't know how to merge.

Oh yeah, and I also hate those people who swoop up beside you as they pass. You're supposed to change lanes, speed up, then pass. Not all at once! I don't know how many times I've had to quickly get back in my lane because the person behind me swoops while I merely try to change lanes (a turn signal has been useless in many of these situations).

~BAng

I REALLY like it, when said jerk pulls up to a red light, sees me coming, accelerates through the red light, makes a right turn in front of me, and then slows down once his running the red light has gotten him in front of me.

Folks, the rule is "Right turn on red, after coming to a complete stop, and yielding to all other traffic."

When I'm driving in the city, certain roads/intersections are impossible to safely navigate because I can't see incoming traffic due to parked cars...so I just slowly pull up and hope I don't get t-boned.

I'm sure people hate that, but I have no idea what else to do!

Archived