Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just saying I've seen it done. Which is why I don't really post in here except to talk about current episodes. I don't want to let something slip, like info on new characters or locales.

C'mon now... Don't tell me you're the guy at work that no one trusts to keep things confidential

I don't mind cliffhanger endings but they have to be done correctly. Regardless of anything comics related, this would have been the most emotional and powerful scene in the tv series so far. Why stop like that? You have to finish the scene and still close an arc to some degree to have a proper cliffhanger.

What they've done is like cutting the power before the final play of the big game at a sports bar. Sure we can see it later, but the energy is gone, 

Preach.  They fumbled that ending.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why the group just assumes Eugene knows so much about a cure. Did they even say where he is from?

I also didn't really understand that hospital that Beth was at with the cops. Seemed weird. I don't get why Darel and that short-haired woman (I forget her name) went after that car. Darrel was just like it's Beth - maybe I'm forgetting something I kind of took like a 3 month break from the show. Back on it now - S5 E5 - the bus just crashed.

I'm finally caught up. Now I need an explanation.

The 2nd last episode of the current season... Darrel gets snuck up on from behind by his new nemesis... and in a split second hear a gunshot and blood splattered across the TV screen and the episode ends. They gave the appearance that Darrel had his brains blown out.

And then we see in the last episode that he's alive and captured and in good health. So what was the explanation for that scene?

The show has become less about quality storytelling and more about gimmicks to drive up ratings and get hashtags trending.

You never got that feeling watching BB or MM to compare two other AMC shows. They had a story they wanted to tell and did so without these stunts and repeatedly slapping their fans and audience across the face

The show has become less about quality storytelling and more about gimmicks to drive up ratings and get hashtags trending.

You never got that feeling watching BB or MM to compare two other AMC shows. They had a story they wanted to tell and did so without these stunts and repeatedly slapping their fans and audience across the face

two different categories of shows

BB & MM were aiming for critical acclaim. I don't think that was ever TWD's train of thought. 

Oh yeah, they were going to kill someone at the end of the season but didn't. I already forgot and moved on to other shows. I'm going to forget how absolutely ****ing awesome Negan is before October comes around.

It could be Rick and I wouldn't care any more.

Say it is Glenn, or Maggie for that matter. I won't care about all the lovey dovey **** they said to each other come next season. I won't remember how Maggie is pregnant and Glenn dying leaves her child without a father. Or if Maggie gets killed, I won't also realize that Glenn just lost a wife and a kid. All that stuff they built up throughout the season, gone.

Abraham or Shasha? I will have forgotten that they started falling in love. The gay guy? Forgot he's gay. Daryl? That would suck but he was a bit of a mute all last season anyhow.

I just don't see how I'll actually give a **** once they get around to actually killing someone. It's just dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I searched to see if there was an older thread for TWD but couldn't find one.  As promised, I just started watching this show and just finished Season 1 last night.  Pretty happy with it so far and the wife likes it also. 

Season 2 is probably the weakest of the series, so bear with it.

Archived