Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

The finale overall was average. Basically just Rick getting trolled for 80 minutes, then Negan (which was awesome). Overall,I was disappointed.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I disagree.

Seeing Rick go from "Tell them to wait for me, I got something for 'em" to this: 89O1Yuj.png was amazing (props to Andrew Lincoln btw) . It wasn't a quick thing either. We got to see his confidence waver more and more with every roadblock that they came across. I loved it.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I disagree.

Seeing Rick go from "Tell them to wait for me, I got something for 'em" to this:  was amazing (props to Andrew Lincoln btw) . It wasn't a quick thing either. We got to see his confidence waver more and more with every roadblock that they came across. I loved it.

The Saviors knew precisely where Rick was going, and the numbers increased with each roadblock. They got toyed with the entire episode, and Negan's introduction was fantastic. That was one of the most intense scenes in the series--drawn out perfectly--and the psychological torture inflicted was very well done. My palms were sweating--it elicited the type of emotional reaction I think they were going for. Cannot wait for the premier in the fall.

Haha, yep! And to put Michonne's braid and daryl's clothes on the chain gang. Wow. Negan's troll game is set to SAVAGE.

This. And the "dad, you were right, we can do anything" right before the whistling? Strong writing.

So the guy they threw over the bridge mentioned the library where Morgan and Carol were for a bit. Think the body armor people know about Negan?

The Saviors knew precisely where Rick was going, and the numbers increased with each roadblock. They got toyed with the entire episode, and Negan's introduction was fantastic. That was one of the most intense scenes in the series--drawn out perfectly--and the psychological torture inflicted was very well done. My palms were sweating--it elicited the type of emotional reaction I think they were going for. Cannot wait for the premier in the fall.

Same here. I thought it was all brilliant.

How the hech are they going to get out of this one? Alexandria (including Rick's crew) is what...maybe 40-50 deep? Neegan seems to have hundreds, and they all appear to be seasoned ZA maniacs who kill often. Alexandria folks might be "trained," but they've never been in the ****. They can't go to war with Negan. If they're let go to go back to Alexandria and work for Negan, do they all just run? Hilltop is mostly weaksauce folks outside of Jesus, so they're no help.

Indeed. I think, their only last grasp hopes are if the body armor horse riding group is formidable, and if they somehow get to produce ammo with Eugenes idea.

I hope Trevor becomes a mainstay. As good as Negan was, Trevor was just as good. Totally played up his GTA character.

I need this.

Looks like Rick and the crew is going to spend at least half of next season being Negans ****. My early guess is that Morgan and Geralt of Rivia run into another group and head back to Alexandria, GA, where Rick is despondent.

Morgan brings Rick back, turns Dwight against Negan and they prepare for Rd II

So next season starts with them basically being back in Alexandria and being slaves to the NWO?  Flashbacks to what happened that night and the past x months.  Then the next season(s?) is how they deal with being the **** and plotting to overthrow? 

Indeed. I think, their only last grasp hopes are if the body armor horse riding group is formidable, and if they somehow get to produce ammo with Eugenes idea.

Just my imagination (cue The Temptations)

Season 7 will be the next-step evolution of both Rick's core band (inc. Abe's army) plus Alexandrian additions and Rick himself (as well as others of course). it will also use the vehicle of Negan's much superior organization (massively humbling and debilitating realization) to force a need to unite Alexandria, Hilltop, armored horseman, and whoever else in order to defeat Negan, a matter in which Jesus will play a bigger and key role.

This ability to create such a coalition and manage it and actually beat this adversary will move our core characters (and many others) and their world substantially "forward."  Eventually Carl will be a real governor of a real ZA state.  :D

Again, I think it's great planning to do this--- inc. the lack of identifying the victim, not cuz of "cliffhanger" as much as it's the better way to tell the story and set up what's to follow as consequence--at the end of a sixth season with the enthusiasm still so high and even increasing.

I think they have done it all so far mostly as planned some time ago, and there is great meat (pun intended) lying ahead at a strategic time for such a TV series' lifespan.

I expect it to likely take the whole of season 7 and maybe even spill into 8.

I'm expecting a very slow reveal on who got Lucille to the face. Rather than picking up where we left off, it starts with a truck rolling up to the front gate. Sasha gives the signal to open the gate. As they're loading up, Arl walks by and glares at them. Slowly showing people alive over the course of the episode until a reveal at the end might bring back some of that tension

Then it's Aaron and everyone's like "this much buildup for THAT guy?!?"

If they start off S7E1 with anything other than picking up from last night's finale scene, we riot.

I didn't confirm... but a friend of mine told me that Gimple has already stated that we're going to get the kill in the season 7 premiere.

I didn't confirm... but a friend of mine told me that Gimple has already stated that we're going to get the kill in the season 7 premiere.

Fair enough.  

Like many folks have already said in here though, the biggest issue will be avoiding spoilers between the time they begin filming and Season 7 premiere.  :(

Hell, I already read a spoiler earlier this morning of who gets it in the comics on another forum, in the **no spoiler** Walking Dead thread :(  :rolleyes:  :angry:

Turns out big numbers are better than a small group and Rick's an awful leader. I've said that for a while, it's nice to have a whole episode designed to hammer those points home. Rick is great at fighting, making bad situations worse, and running head long into traps.

I loved the episode even the POV death. Seeing Rick completely defeated and not even able to speak was haunting. He is the embodiment of what Bane was talking about when he said "when you have truly understood the depth of your failure..." I don't ever want to see my man Rick like that again. Lincoln crushed that episode

Now I didn't need to see brains bashed in but I could have had somebody scream the name of the dead or show their legs laying on the ground or something. Give me any reason to care and hurt over the episode.

I still hate it. Im upset that I have no feelings about the show last night less than 24 hours later. I should be sick or upset or talking about what will happen after this person's death. It's all been tabled and forced to discuss in generalities until we know specifics.

It just seems like a stunt to draw up ratings the same way Glenn's fakeout earlier this season did, though at least this one didn't discredit the entire show like Glenn's dumpster diving did. However, this cheapened arguably the most iconic moment of the entire comic and series.

I still hate it. Im upset that I have no feelings about the show last night less than 24 hours later. I should be sick or upset or talking about what will happen after this person's death. 

he_s_right_you_know_by_nightdemon12-d70r

Safe: Aaron, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita - not big enough impact

Safe: Maggie - No chance this show has the stones to bludgeon an already sick pregnant woman to death

Safe: Rick, Arl - this is their show. And Negan dialogue exudes them

On the block: Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, Abe

Case for Daryl: He was given a ton of screen time and made extremely useful this season again. He has a new show on AMC. He's extremely popular and would shake the show to its knees if he dies

Case Against Daryl: he's already been shot and is weakened which makes him a weaker target for Negan. He seems to have a feud developing with Dwight. He's extremely Popular and would shake the show to it's knees if he dies

Case For Glenn:

he's the victim in the comic

already cheated death inexplicably about 26 times, lashed out at Negan, could propel a nice story out of Maggie, he's due to die, fan favorite, Atlanta 5, would be a big loss for the show

Case Against Glenn:

mix things up from the victim

In the comics

, the show seems content to keep trolling fans with Glenn's death, he has a chance to start a family with Maggie, fan favorite it takes stones to kill him off

Case for Michonne: Rick's love interest dying would further enhance Rick and Arl's arcs, she looks badass and would make a good target, another fan favorite, doesn't have much use in the show IMO even though I like her, hasn't been given a quality storyline since the governor, All of Rick's women die horrifically, as a woman could be a further emotional loss for group seeing a woman bludgeoned

Case Against Michonne: she's a woman so no offense but may not be seen as a strong enough target to Negan, they can flesh out Richonne more, not sure they have the cahones to kill a woman like this

Case for Abe: Physicslly imposing, makes a great target for Negan, chested out and showed no fear at Negan, Negan comments that the person got smashed in the head and stayed up which makes sense for Abe to be the one that could do that, strong loss for group but not big enough to hurt show or impact ratings, had tender final moment with Eugene after antagonistic relationship, found true love and wanted to have bisquick babies, thinking fondly of the future aloud

Case Against Abe: he's just not a main character or big enough name which isn't befitting this moment

Conclusion: It's Abe

I think its Abraham or Darryl. I think they want to keep Glenn alive for the Glenn/Maggie/baby storyline. Like someone said, one of the chicks or Aaron dying just wouldn't make enough of an impact. It's not Carl because of Negan's dialogue. Rick is the main character, he won't die. So its gotta be one of those two.

Like I said, we'll see how Norman Reedus's new show does. If it sucks, he'll be back, and RIP Abraham.

I'm still thinking Glenn.

When Maggie said "I trust you, Rick." I immediately thought "welp.. that's not going to last."

Glenn dies there in the woods. Maggie loses the baby because she didn't get to Hilltop quick enough (that and the stress of watching your husbands brains being bashed in). I'd imagine she wouldn't be able to put her trust in Rick anymore.

The places they could take Maggies character....

So, I've always been pretty salty about that Talking Dead show. There isn't even a commercial break, they just immediately scoop you out of all the suspense they put you in and take you behind the scenes. People have been waiting a long time for Negan, they tease his appearance all season, and five seconds later, he's sitting on a couch with his legs crossed talking about how they shot the scene (I'm assuming). I mean what the hell?

So, if you're going to go that way with the show, you know, kill the suspension of disbelief and all, then don't do such massive cliffhangers. Like Carol said: "you don't get both!" lol.

Not to mention the comic thing. Whether you read them or not, you've probably heard of this scene and who dies. They have strayed from the comic in ways, but if you're going to do THIS scene from the comic, just freaking do it. Pretty weak.

Yea, idk. From what everyone says about the guys he is supposed to be the biggest villain or whatever in TWD. I know he was only on for 10 minutes but i would still say the governor has my vote.

Im sure i will grow to hate him tho.

He makes the Governor look like Mr. Rogers. Seriously.

I bet they are laughing at us in the comic thread. They know we'll never know for sure. :(

The only thing that stays constant between the comic and show is the method or circumstance that characters are killed. Probably 90% of the character deaths we've seen have been a different person in the comic.

No, I just mean that we'll never know for sure whether they're mocking us or not. Maybe they really are discussing the comics, but maybe they're really just talking **** about all of us, knowing that we're too scared of spoilers to even peek at the thread.

Nope.

Archived