Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I thought he was great.  He had the right mix of powerful, savvy, practical, creepy and kooky.

Yea, idk. From what everyone says about the guys he is supposed to be the biggest villain or whatever in TWD. I know he was only on for 10 minutes but i would still say the governor has my vote. 

Im sure i will grow to hate him tho. 

Yea, idk. From what everyone says about the guys he is supposed to be the biggest villain or whatever in TWD. I know he was only on for 10 minutes but i would still say the governor has my vote. 

Im sure i will grow to hate him tho. 

he is certainly smarter than the governor,maybe not crazier

I'm working out how to kill him .....gonna take more than a red handled machete

Probably isn't who they think it is, either. Deaths have been changed to protect the innocent

No, I just mean that we'll never know for sure whether they're mocking us or not. Maybe they really are discussing the comics, but maybe they're really just talking **** about all of us, knowing that we're too scared of spoilers to even peek at the thread.

I think I eliminated one of the 4 in the point of view theory. The POV seems to come from the back/center of the van and Daryl is in the very front. The POV shot also seems to show Daryls head in view before they open the doors.

I'm starting to think that Glenn is a goner...

No, I just mean that we'll never know for sure whether they're mocking us or not. Maybe they really are discussing the comics, but maybe they're really just talking **** about all of us, knowing that we're too scared of spoilers to even peek at the thread.

Well, you are right anout that.

I get nervous even seeing it, for fear I may accidentally click on it. Several times in the past, it would get bumped so both threads were on top of each other.

Like highwiring over an acid vat

So I am poking in this thread with caution.  I don't really know anything about this show other than it's about zombies and seems a bit popular.  I am scared to read reviews because I don't want any spoilers though.  My wife and I need a new show to start watching on Netflix and I'm thinking about trying this.  In general, is it worth it and is it something that women get into also?  When I think zombies, I think more man show.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Please quote me so I can come read your response without seeing any spoilers.  Thanks again.

So I am poking in this thread with caution.  I don't really know anything about this show other than it's about zombies and seems a bit popular.  I am scared to read reviews because I don't want any spoilers though.  My wife and I need a new show to start watching on Netflix and I'm thinking about trying this.  In general, is it worth it and is it something that women get into also?  When I think zombies, I think more man show.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Please quote me so I can come read your response without seeing any spoilers.  Thanks again.

Seeing how we are on page 155 of this thread i think everyone would say its worth watching. lol

My wife loves the show. A lot more to it than just chasing down zombies. 

as someone who posts in both threads, it ain't that deep

didn't like the cliffhanger aspect mainly because there is almost 0% chance that the info doesn't get spilled before the next season premier. just too many ways for info to leak in this day and age.

way too many commercials last night as well, pacing was off. Liked Negan's introduction and Jeffery Dean Morgan should do right by him.

as someone who posts in both threads, it ain't that deep

I had hoped it would be clear, but I probably should've known that it wouldn't translate.

I was kidding.

I think it's worth watching.  Some seasons are slower than others but overall it's entertaining.  My wife likes it even more than I do for what that's worth.

The ending is much better storytelling to me than showing who was whacked and making that the seminal focus aft the end. They keep the attention of the audience (regarding what's known) on the major points of the episode while showing clearly which characters are actually on the line.

The two primary themes of the episode to me were really breaking Rick (and his top fighters) and showcase to Rick's core group what's already known to the audience--that Negan has a huge, polished, and very effective operation and just how formidable he is individually. They now see he is totally overpowering and could have crushed them at anytime, yet played cat and mouse because he sees them as resources, not real threats (yet).

The focus properly remains on the "whole new level" thing, which will force our people to get even stronger to triumph. Of course the suspense will feed many discussions as planned and this series has tied other reveals/cliffhangers to more major developments that spring from them as much as resolving the cliffhanging event itself.

Basically, I thought it was a great move for the same reasons they detailed on TD. I sneer derisively at the perpetually whining weenies who think it was some sort of poor choice.  :P  :D

Back to imagining plotlines---while watching early on, I had this one projection of both Glenn and Michonne being among the causalities, and Rick and Maggie (& baby) being among the survivors and eventually hooking up down the road next season. Think of all the interesting angles there <nerd smiley> (I don't consider it any real possibility).

Seeing how we are on page 155 of this thread i think everyone would say its worth watching. lol

My wife loves the show. A lot more to it than just chasing down zombies. 

Page count isn't everything.  The Call Of Duty thread is on page 1 million and I hate that game.  But I get what you are saying.  Good to hear that your wife likes it and it's more than just running down zombies.

I think it's worth watching.  Some seasons are slower than others but overall it's entertaining.  My wife likes it even more than I do for what that's worth.

Good to hear.  Thanks for the input.

So I am poking in this thread with caution. I don't really know anything about this show other than it's about zombies and seems a bit popular. I am scared to read reviews because I don't want any spoilers though. My wife and I need a new show to start watching on Netflix and I'm thinking about trying this. In general, is it worth it and is it something that women get into also? When I think zombies, I think more man show. Thanks in advance for your input.

Please quote me so I can come read your response without seeing any spoilers. Thanks again.

Walkers (they are not referred to as zombies in this show) are a subplot. The real point of the show is the everyday struggle to survive, finding a reason in that struggle to keep on living, encountering other dangerous people, and battling everyday real world issues that become more pronounced in a world gone to ****.

The show does a good job of showing the change in people as they adapt to their surroundings, and either struggle to let go of their humanity, struggle to keep it, or welcome it and embrace their brutal, survival instinct.

If that interests you, and you aren't intrigued just from an action/zombie double tap standpoint, and don't apply an absurd amount of real world principle to the show, you'll love it.

You also have all spring and summer to catch up on the first five seasons, and season 6 if you have On Demand, or during the weeks leading up to the season 7 premiere (usually around Halloween) on AMC

don't apply an absurd amount of real world principle to the show, you'll love it.

Can you expand a little more on this?  I get that an apocalyptic zombie TV show isn't going to be but so realistic but how bad is it?  Like they just happen to find a car with keys in it at the right time or someone gets shot 15 times and still walks away un-realistic?

Can you expand a little more on this? I get that an apocalyptic zombie TV show isn't going to be but so realistic but how bad is it? Like they just happen to find a car with keys in it at the right time or someone gets shot 15 times and still walks away un-realistic?

Kinda.

Like if you can look past **** like an abundance of working cars, foods with dairy years into the apocalypse, certain "Unpossible!" moments that I won't spoil for you.

You have to accept the fact that there are really really smart shows out with nearly flawless writing for certain scenarios based in a real world setting, then there are shows based in an alternate reality, where you have to stretch things to make for compelling tv, or in some cases, because why the **** not, it was awesome anyway. That kinda stuff

Basically, as long as you're not "That guy" that gets invited over to a watch party and complains over and over about how "That would NEVER work in The real world!" To the point you wanna smother him with a pillow, you should be good. Have great expectations, but don't become consumed with cynicism.

A toddler needs to be shown a cookie...needs to be coaxed into following direction. I feel like the show didn't give the fans enough respect to get the reward, & keep coming back for more. It's either a lack of faith in their own storytelling, or blatant con in order to keep the casuals coming back.

The amount of time we fans have invested in the show should afford us the good faith that we can handle the big reward, & still come running back for more. I feel that big cliffhangers are a gimmick...a trope that is used to buy writers time, & to artificially maintain suspense. I tune out though....especially when technology has provided me with Netflix.

JDM was pretty damn good as Negan, but I still feel like the show is jerking it's fans around. The death of a character in POV format feels like a slap in the face. We've been teased and frustrated with cliffhangers and red herrings all season, including the last episode with Daryl. The writers and producers hyped up the finale for months, saying how "shocking" it would be. As a viewer, I would like some clarity once in a while. I'm getting tired of the show stringing along it's viewers instead of giving an emotional payoff. It kind of feels like we are getting trolled at this point. But you know..ratings!

The finale overall was average. Basically just Rick getting trolled for 80 minutes, then Negan (which was awesome). Overall,I was disappointed.

The ending was absolute bull****... After the 90 minutes of some tension and some really boring nonsense and there is absolutely no payoff.... The show peaked ratings wise 2 years ago and has been declining, but still popular, so I guess they thought they needed this gimmick to spur some buzz because it was absolutely the worst season ender... Total ripoff and quite an a-hole move to screw loyal Fans.

Agree that it was an so anti climactic especially after hearing all the bs quotes from actors being so emotionally upset from filming this... F u!

Great Buzz - it's the # 1 show on television and has held that spot for several years.  There's certainly a chance that there is something going on here. 

Man people are butt hurt over the ending. 

Carole with a belly wound that needs stitches and two slugs in the arm and no doctor at Alexandria....It's a good thing she and Morgan ran into the body armor good guys. 

Archived