Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Scott Gimple's reasoning is kind of weak-sauce, basically that the ending we got was the end of the current story and when it's revealed who dies, that is the beginning of the next.  Eh.....huh?  What does revealing the person who was killed have anything to do with that?

I liked the season finale overall, but once it hit about 45 min mark (not factoring in commercials) and Negan hadn't showed up yet, I had a feeling they were going to do this. I was reaaaally hoping Negan would show up around the 1 hour mark at the point a normal length episode would have ended. 

IMO, you show the dead character on the ground, dying or dead.  You leave the viewers with their jaws on the ground and discussing the rammifications of what they just saw.  They get to think about the show continuing without said character for the next 6 months. I just don't think it will have same emotional impact when the show returns and it will be like "oh yeah, btw it was THIS person who died....so now that that's out of the way, shall we continue...?" 

EDIT: JDM was great as Negan though.  And a ton of that dialogue was directly lifted from his intro in the comic. Loved it.

The fact that over half the people are disappointed by the ending shows how much they missed the mark. They conversation could have been how great the build up was and talking about how character X is gone now.

The others put it great. By the time the new season gets here the emotion of who dies is gone.

I agree, Game of Thrones is a big example of this. Damn Paparazzi fans stake out the filming spots and take pictures with long range cameras and pretty much confirmed some storylines HBO was trying to keep a secret. The same will happen here. They will take pictures of the cast filming and they'll make note of who is absent.

There have already been cast members not in various ep's. The only ones to get screen time in most if not all of the episodes are Andrew Lincoln and the kid Riggs.

And in the scenario I described, there's still no way to tell.

And even if by some stretch of the imagination the info is obtained by an outside source, who is the viewer's problem really with... The producers of the show or the outside source that spoiled it for them?

The fact that over half the people are disappointed by the ending shows how much they missed the mark.

Half of what people?

There have already been cast members not in various ep's. The only ones to get screen time in most if not all of the episodes are Andrew Lincoln and the kid Riggs.

And in the scenario I described, there's still no way to tell.

And even if by some stretch of the imagination the info is obtained by an outside source, who is the viewer's problem really with... The producers of the show or the outside source that spoiled it for them?

Half of what people?

Seems as if more than half in this thread.

Exactly. I cared so much because I knew Negan was coming and this season had a fantastic buildup to the Saviors, Negan and their revenge. We knew somebody was going to die and we were really emotionally attached to all of these characters not wanting to lose a single one. That's why it was so intense

That emotional payoff is gone. I'm already over it. 6-8 months from now, it has no chance of being recaptured.

Everyone will have had time to come to terms with whoever it could be, spoilers that leaked or just plain apathy over it by then.

This momentum and talk could have carried them through the break and ramped up the excitement for next season. Missing the character, how it will affect the others, how they will get their revenge. all relevant discussion is pretty much on standstill now until we find out what actually happened.

This, after the Glenn incident shows me the series has no idea what it's doing when it comes to main character deaths and it just screws over its fans and the goodwill it builds up.

Seems as if more than half in this thread.

Meh, I dunno. Always hard to tell how the general audience feels when its just a handful of people on a football message board, several of whom have voiced their displeasure at how the season/show has gone, in their opinion, for some time now.

Just seems to be one of those endings where you either liked it or you didn't

Doesn't seem to be any wiggle room.

And Rick? What the **** happened to him halfway through the episode? He starts off all bad ass and then as soon as he sees a lock of Mixhonne's hair the ****ing guy starts sweating profusely looking like he's about to start crying. Come on Rick! You turned into a giant **** halfway through the show!

Plus, I never heard Negan say he was going to kill anyone, I thought he just said he was going to brutally beat them. And also, didn't he say something about Carl's good eye?

Whatever, Negan is my new favorite.

The only person that could have survived that beating was Glenn.

So I fully expect him to walk around next season with half his skill missing and his eyeball hanging out of its socket and still be unkillable.

Meh, I dunno. Always hard to tell how the general audience feels when its just a handful of people on a football message board, several of whom have voiced their displeasure at how the season/show has gone, in their opinion, for some time now.

Just seems to be one of those endings where you either liked it or you didn't

Doesn't seem to be any wiggle room.

I liked the episode, as well as the season.

I was just expecting more and think it's incredibly lame that they left it like that, after they quite obviously stretched the episode out in the name of dramatic timing.

And Rick? What the **** happened to him halfway through the episode? He starts off all bad ass and then as soon as he sees a lock of Mixhonne's hair the ****ing guy starts sweating profusely looking like he's about to start crying. Come on Rick! You turned into a giant **** halfway through the show!

A man knows when he's beat. Even Rick realized this early on he just had to continue the charade

The only person that could have survived that beating was Glenn.

So I fully expect him to walk around next season with half his skill missing and his eyeball hanging out of its socket and still be unkillable.

Well... You couldn't really tell since the screen went black after the beating commenced. Perhaps he was hitting the victim in the ribs or legs.

The producers of the show or the outside source that spoiled it for them?

My point is the producers for TWD, and really it's not just them, all of the producers for popular shows, need to adjust to the new social environment in regards to how their show is covered. In the past, cliffhangers like this would succeed because information didn't move as fast, now tons of stuff gets spoiled and they should know it would considering what has happened to other shows previously. I guess I blame both, the people that spoil stuff and the producers who by how they produced the cliffhanger, allowed it to happen.

Now I will freely admit this could all turn out awesome. Although I think it will be revealed too soon, and that information will be hard to ignore, if the secret is kept and the season 7 premiere reveals it in a great way. And the episode is written in a way that shows how the cast is affected in a great way. I'll be happy to say I'm wrong and they made the right decision. As of now, I don't feel that way.

Plus, I never heard Negan say he was going to kill anyone, I thought he just said he was going to brutally beat them. And also, didn't he say something about Carl's good eye?

Whatever, Negan is my new favorite.

Remember the Polaroid pictures that one Savior Glenn assassinated had on his wall? They were all pictures of people with their heads bashed in. Remember what the Hilltop said the Saviors did as soon as they showed up? Negan beat a 16 yr old kid to death with Lucille for no reason. Just to make an example. I think it's his way of saying hello.

Remember the Polaroid pictures that one Savior Glenn assassinated had on his wall? They were all pictures of people with their heads bashed in. Remember what the Hilltop said the Saviors did as soon as they showed up? Negan beat a 16 yr old kid to death with Lucille for no reason. Just to make an example. I think it's his way of saying hello.

Oooh, so it could be Carl.

That would be an awesome "what the ****?!" moment to start season 7. That would be the only redeeming thing to me. Or possibly Maggie right in front of Glenn.

Just straight savagery.

Well... You couldn't really tell since the screen went black after the beating commenced. Perhaps he was hitting the victim in the ribs or legs.

That was a John Henry smash to the dome, I thought. No coming back from that.

If it was Glenn, he didn't hit the teleport button fast enough

Oooh, so it could be Carl.

That would be an awesome "what the ****?!" moment to start season 7. That would be the only redeeming thing to me. Or possibly Maggie right in front of Glenn.

Just straight savagery.

It just wouldn't make sense with the dialogue though. Why would he tell his men to "take out the kid's other eye if someone acts up" if he himself is beating the crap out of the kid?

My guess is Abe. Whoever he hit got back to their knees. Me thinks big Abe is trying to maintain his pride even during the savage beating.

I could see that. Also goes back to the taking out a person of strength, and who clearly wasn't afraid of Negan at that point. It also points to something else I was thinking in regards to Sasha, but I'll probably discuss that in the other thread.

Archived