Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Speaking of morgan didn't see him at all this episide.

They have too many characters. Makes me think a culling is coming, similar to the start of Season 4 with the virus and the Governors surprise attack. The gay couple, Tara, Rosita, etc. They barely even get any screentime anymore. Eugene's worth went out the window when his Scientist jig was up.

And with this Jesus guy, it seems like more people are coming. Seems like several groups have been watching Ricks group, or his territory at least, and they all saw how they eliminated the walker threat, and are about to move in.

That would mean a lot of people are about to die.

They have too many characters. Makes me think a culling is coming, similar to the start of Season 4 with the virus and the Governors surprise attack. The gay couple, Tara, Rosita, etc. They barely even get any screentime anymore. Eugene's worth went out the window when his Scientist jig was up.

And with this Jesus guy, it seems like more people are coming. Seems like several groups have been watching Ricks group, or his territory at least, and they all saw how they eliminated the walker threat, and are about to move in.

That would mean a lot of people are about to die.

A lot of the things that have happened since they got to Alexandria have made me wonder if we're not in for another war like scenario like with Woodbury and the prison. This Jesus guy seems like he might come from a pretty savvy/skilled bunch.

I'm curious as to the possibility that maybe the writers are flim-flamming us a bit on the Richonne thing. I wouldn't put it past them to have there be some kind of "That was cool and all, but it'd never work and we should just be friends." moment next week.

. Could be a Red Dead Redemption kind of thing.  

That reference tho.  Loved that ending!   B)

And I agree.  As annoying as Wandering Carl used to be, with pudding all over his shirt...he's certified in the streets now.  The eye patch sealed the deal.  He's still a cornball, but he's a killer cornball.

I think Jesus is trying to recruit Ricks group, otherwise he couldv'e easily killed them both at that gas station, or during that scrum in the field when he got that gun.

Might be be this Negan dudes group he's up against.

Agreed.  He's had plenty of chances to off them.  Heck, Jesus had another chance when he showed up in Rick/Michonne's bedroom. Wonder how long he was peeping in on that vanilla/chocolate action!

Arl Is definitely set to take over the group, I've always thought that but I don't think it's there yet, especially after Rick's speech about wanting him to see the New World.

Makes me think Rick will be around for a bit (he better) and they can pull the Rick dies card if ratings start to slip and they need to shake things up at the very core of the show.

Kinda think maybe Jesus is with Negan's crew. He is ridiculously capable. I think maybe Negan has several individual members scouring the area trying to find who was responsible for toasting 8 of his members and their bikes earlier.

They could have had one of the other guys hang back to try to track and find out where the camp was that belonged to the people that killed all the bikers. That's why he woke Rick up. They stormed the town and pretty much have it locked down.

Probably not

There definitely needs to be another purging. Haven't had a significant main character death in quite some time and the show needs some shaking up.

Needs some shaking up? Didn't the town just get over run and many of their prominent members die? Plus Morgan recently rejoined the cast. This is like when the farm fell to the horde only instead of Rick turning into a serial killer (and villain) he found Jesus. :)

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has already been cast as Negan. That dude obviously aint Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

And just from producer tidbits and all the hype surrounding the character, and his extra crispy biker goon squad, I doubt Negan is the type that would need to covertly infiltrate and deceive. He'll likely come at you and simply break you down with overwhelming numbers

Maybe Jesus is part of some other group that's not related to Negan?  I remember Aaron used to go on scout runs frequently before Rick's group got to Alexandria. So, there apparently are potential other sets of folks out there... Or maybe he is a loner - like the dude who taught Morgan how to fight.

I agree with Sin, from the little we know about Negan, he doesn't seem like the type to send a "spy" in advance.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has already been cast as Negan. That dude obviously aint Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

And just from producer tidbits and all the hype surrounding the character, and his extra crispy biker goon squad, I doubt Negan is the type that would need to covertly infiltrate and deceive. He'll likely come at you and simply break you down with overwhelming numbers

Well, gotta admit I don't look up the trade and script publications so it was purely conjecture on my part.  That said are you supposed to posting this sort of info in this thread?

Well, gotta admit I told look up the trade and script publications so it was purely conjecture on my part. That said are you supposed to posting this sort of info in this thread?

Its been known for awhile, and already posted in here, and has no bearing on when he shows up or how he is involved in the shows plot going forward. Don't really see the issue.

I like how the Jesus character has been portrayed. HE IS WEARING A LEATHER TRECH COAT!!!! Now that is the smarts I was talking about a couple pages back I guess the show creators read my complaint. Beyond that it really sucks because since I am mostly up to date with the graphic novel I feel it's not really right for me to comment much in here.

My theory is Fake Jesus has probably been when watching them for a while. Maybe him running into Rick and Daryl was intentional, although it seems like he didn't have any transportation prior to that, so I don't know how he could've known they'd be at that gas station. 

I too have read the graphic novel, and I'm fairly up-to-date, but the show changes so much stuff that the only real constant is knowing what characters will be introduced, but not what is going to happen or who is going to die. 

I appreciate that, it keeps me on my toes and somewhat suspenseful.....except for Glenn. It's for that reason I believe TWD book readers enjoy the show more than GoT book readers enjoy HBO's show. 

Ok, tangent over. Did anyone see the scene from the next episode they showed on the Talking Dead? I don't know why that scene made me think this, but I think Tara is finally going to bite it now. How long could they keep her lesbian character alive when the pregnant actress is already showing and getting bigger? She has to be killed off or written out of the script until she has the baby. 

I did like how quickly they took down the Jessie tribe....a package deal was the only way to go there...and that's how Darwin would have wanted it...that whole group was destined for the compost pile from Day One...a family affair...more "seriously", I never caught much sense/feel of any deep connection between Rick & Jessie's characters until Rick was mourning her for those seven seconds after she went down. One must be ready to move on quickly from relationships in the zombie apocalypse. Man, was I born for a zombie apocalypse in more ways than one.  :P

Archived