Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

anyone else think Rick might have wanted to scout out the opposition before making promises?

Of course he did get the food in advance so he can always reconsider.

I think in Ricks mind, if he can beat the Governor and a crazy guy in a tank, fight his way out of a cannibal slaughterhouse, and herd a Walker horde of biblical porportions, he can take "some dude named Negan," who picks on people that can't fight back, especially after Daryl Vietnam'd his hunting party.

Big mistake I think, as this new guy seems brilliantly ruthless. Unlike anything Ricks ever faced

Yeah but Ricks rage mode is usually reactionary. Negan in a nutshell, to me, seemed like the kind of dude that would do exactly what we saw tonight. Calculated brutality. Mind games. Promote dissension.

The Governor was messed, to the point where it could be taken advantage of. Negan seems to be calable of being just as messed on the surface, but totally in control

I think in Ricks mind any reaction to a threat that isn't attack it, is destined to end badly. Right or wrong, his experience has taught him a living threat means his people die. This group attacked his people once already and now stand between his group and food. His choice was clear, it's time to go kill some folks.

So anyone talkingot about the possibility of a baby dying the womb, turning, and eating mom from the inside out? Lori mentioned it back in the day. Would amc have the balls to do something so brutal?

Don't know for sure, but I am going to guess that the writers would make the baby immune to the virus.  

The wolves are dead. All that buildup for one raid. Like he said. They should have watched and studied the group longer instead of going balls to the walls the first chance they had.

All that buildup even down to Richmond VA and it ended up being for nothig really. I mean, they really wrecked Alexandria and got half the regular citizens killed with the tower collapsing and all but still.

Seemed like there was going to be more with all the hints throughout that one season

I just wonder how much longer this series can run for. It's basically handle zombie threat, handle human threat rinse repeat. They need to do what lost did and negotiate an end like maybe next season or the one after that because it is going to get stale eventually if it hasn't already for some people. Each threat just gets bigger and bigger eventually Rick and company should take damage they cannot recover from or the show ends happily ever after. It's got to reach one or the other though going out with a bang before the series hangs on too long and goes out with a whimper.

I could think of plenty of ways to keep the show running and interesting for those that might be getting bored. I'm not one of those people, still love the show and don't want it to end lol.

But some of the things I'd like to see, I doubt they do in the show.  I'd like to see someone or some group have access to planes, military equipment, supplies, etc.  I just find it hard to believe that there is nobody left on the planet that cannot fly a plane, jet or captain a boat whether it be military or some dude's yacht.

They probably don't want to go down the typical "apocalypse path" where there is a huge government/military strong hold somewhere, holding up, waiting to start over, etc.  But I think it would be cool if they did go there at some point.

I don't think the wolves ended too quickly.  They served their purpose.  Rick warned the Alexandrians that beyond the gates claws and gnashing teeth were closing in.  Rick is the prophet of ruin, the agent of change.  The man that shouldn't be alive that woke up in a hospital and was sent out into a world with a purpose, to walk before the storm,  The wolves were that storm in this situation and the town was transformed.  The weak and the unbelievers were washed away once again.

The only character that seems immune is the first guy Rick met after he miraculously awoke in that hospital.  Morgan has always done his own thing.

Negan and Hilltop better get ready.  Rick's come to spread the good word. 

Archived