Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

That's cool.  I can honestly say I usually don't follow who is going to be in upcoming episodes (char/actor wise).  So like Sin said, why play that up like they did to give the misconception that Neagan is all of them, or a concept?

Just playing into the story for Rick and Co. to not know who it is specifically is then?  Makes me wonder now if Neagan will infiltrate Ricks and Co. group, setting up a sabotage?

I was sayin this to the wife last night. I think they've written the Saviors as the type of group who will claim they are Negan in case anyone ever asks about their leader, so Rick would do exactly what he did last night....kill the wrong dude, and then go back to the Hilltop and tell them it's done. 

With the Hilltop and Alexandrians thinking the Savior threat is over, they'll be completely blindsided when Negan finds out how much damage Rick & company did to his infrastructure and he comes after them. Think about it, Rick has barely been able to keep one community and home safe, he probably can't fathom someone actually having multiple installations and so many different groups under his control. It makes complete since to him that their prisoner was Negan the whole time, the telecommunications building was their only home, and they just wiped them all out. Add in the fact this whole sordid business made everyone uncomfortable, and they're eager to get this war over with and willing to believe they have. If my theory is true, they could have no idea what's coming and start taking Ls. 

I was trying to find a TWD forum and stumbled upon a spoiler for this season that was just out there in the open....

I can't.

May have been just a comic spoiler, which is no guarantee. Don't lose hope dude! 

I was sayin this to the wife last night. I think they've written the Saviors as the type of group who will claim they are Negan in case anyone ever asks about their leader, so Rick would do exactly what he did last night....kill the wrong dude, and then go back to the Hilltop and tell them it's done. 

With the Hilltop and Alexandrians thinking the Savior threat is over, they'll be completely blindsided when Negan finds out how much damage Rick & company did to his infrastructure and he comes after them. 

The redhead said to Carol/Maggie they were all Negan.  Then the one prisoner told Rick he was Negan.  So I'd assume that Maggie/Carol would tell Rick that and they wouldn't think he was actually dead.

I'm wondering if Negan will somehow trick them into thinking some of the Saviors are just survivors having to give supplies to Negan's group like Jesus' peeps, to lure Rick in.  Then have Rick start taking out innocent people/camps/etc. thinking he is taking out Negan and Saviors.  Only to be doing Negan's dirty work all along.

There really aren't any good or bad guys. You do what you gotta do to survive.

Carol was a boss tonight. Welcome back.

There are always good and bad guys and no you don't do what you gotta to do to survive (That makes you the bad guy).

Maggie told Glenn she "can't anymore" and Carol is showing regret and her conscience weighing on her.

After Michonne they are the strongest females in the group. It's not a good sign to be feeling that way right before a clash with Negan's group.

Also, if Rick thought that was Negan he should have interrogated him more. He was too quick on he trigger there.

I'm also ok with them asking the question of "who is the good guy" or at least playing with the idea that perhaps Rick's group isn't exactly the "good guy" even if they aren't bad. It won't play against Negan's group which seems pretty ruthless and as a bully in comparison but it's a good idea to explore.

Really though, at this point, there are various shades of grey that are listed under "Survive at all costs." Would be neat to view Negan's group as an eventuality of Rick's group once they have been through more hardships and are continually pushed. Then we can look at how they avoid becoming the monster and what makes them different, similar to The Road and having the light inside you.

Interesting thoughts

Couple of Comments

1. I dispute your ranking of Carol. After Michonne? Not hardly. Up till now Carol has been the most capable and most dangerous individual in the entire group

2. As for criticizing Rick for being too quick on the trigger. Well let's face it Rick for the most part is an idiot. Him not interrogating his prisoner was par for course. He generally comes up with stupid plans or actions that gets his friends and allies killed. The Horde removal plan is the perfect example. Hopefully for the good of the group Maggie will take command and put an end to Rick's bright ideas.

Couple of Comments1. I dispute your ranking of Carol. After Michonne? Not hardly. Up till now Carol has been the most capable and most dangerous individual in the entire group2. As for criticizing Rick for being too quick on the trigger. Well let's face it Rick for the most part is an idiot. Him not interrogating his prisoner was par for course. He generally comes up with stupid plans or actions that gets his friends and allies killed. The Horde removal plan is the perfect example. Hopefully for the good of the group Maggie will take command and put an end to Rick's bright ideas.

While Rick does dumb things, what would you have done with the horde? That truck was going to fall like it did and the road led directly to Alexandria. Really good chance the entire horde ends up at their gates instead of half of them.

Couple of Comments1. I dispute your ranking of Carol. After Michonne? Not hardly. Up till now Carol has been the most capable and most dangerous individual in the entire group2. As for criticizing Rick for being too quick on the trigger. Well let's face it Rick for the most part is an idiot. Him not interrogating his prisoner was par for course. He generally comes up with stupid plans or actions that gets his friends and allies killed. The Horde removal plan is the perfect example. Hopefully for the good of the group Maggie will take command and put an end to Rick's bright ideas.

I agree. Carol was without question the most dangerous. She's smart, an extremely convincing liar, not limited to direct confrontation, and usually deals with her conscience after the fact. Plus, she's already shown a willingness to take out friendly targets. While she may not be able to take Rick and Michonne out in a fair fight, if she wanted them dead they'd be dead. They'd never see it coming.

While Rick does dumb things, what would you have done with the horde? That truck was going to fall like it did and the road led directly to Alexandria. Really good chance the entire horde ends up at their gates instead of half of them.

They built walls to herd them along the road before it fell. Those same walls could have sealed off those ramp exits. The benefit of that plan was that it didn't release a undead legion. It provided a ready supply of zombies, should someone figure out to incomparable them into the towns defenses. Which they should have.

See Destino's comments (Although I would differ a bit in that I wouldn't have kept them around I'd have slowly exterminated them and kept the quarry the fly/zombie catcher that it was).

See Destino's comments (Although I would differ a bit in that I wouldn't have kept them around I'd have slowly exterminated them and kept the quarry the fly/zombie catcher that it was).

Don't be so quick to dismiss the value of a well thought out and managed zombie perimeter. Those trying to sneak up close to take a peak at your town could be forced to make noise or at least leave some signs of their passing.

Couple of Comments

1. I dispute your ranking of Carol. After Michonne? Not hardly. Up till now Carol has been the most capable and most dangerous individual in the entire group

2. As for criticizing Rick for being too quick on the trigger. Well let's face it Rick for the most part is an idiot. Him not interrogating his prisoner was par for course. He generally comes up with stupid plans or actions that gets his friends and allies killed. The Horde removal plan is the perfect example. Hopefully for the good of the group Maggie will take command and put an end to Rick's bright ideas.

1) I think it's definitely debatable. Carol is a beast no doubt and she plays that innocent-underestimate-me character perfectly which gives her an advantage. She's pretty ruthless

However, Carol has also always had the benefit of being in this group with strong leaders like Shane at first and then Rick and Daryl.

Michonne survived on her own for a very long time and came up with her own ingenious survival method (two pet walkers). Additionally she bested the governor in battle, survived capture by the Governor and killed him. She is a force.

Also, Carol is turning into Morgan so this argument is going to become moot very soon.

2) agree, Rick is a great leader, legendary badass and when the **** hits the fan there is nobody else that you'd want in your corner...but he doesn't always have the best ideas, like walking out with a hatchet to take on an entire horde of walkers in Alexandria.

Agree MTGTM Carol is losing it. Shes getting soft and because of that i think she might be the one to go this season...or someone is going to die because of something she does.

There is no way Carol of a season ago would have not shot that lady in the bunker thing. She almost got her and Maggie killed.

And for Rick walking out to take on a group of walkers i think he lost his mind and prob though he was going to lose Carl. I know he has the baby but i dont think Rick would want to live in this world without Carl.  

First of all I know this was a plot device in the show but.....Letting all of the walkers out of the quarry and trying to lead them away from Alexandria instead of getting rid of the ramp out or blocking the ramp better was a grade A dumbass move.

First of all I know this was a plot device in the show but.....Letting all of the walkers out of the quarry and trying to lead them away from Alexandria instead of getting rid of the ramp out or blocking the ramp better was a grade A dumbass move.

say that to his face

1379128663_tumblr_lzofixKhrf1qecvyeo1_50

1) I think it's definitely debatable. Carol is a beast no doubt and she plays that innocent-underestimate-me character perfectly which gives her an advantage. She's pretty ruthless

However, Carol has also always had the benefit of being in this group with strong leaders like Shane at first and then Rick and Daryl.

Michonne survived on her own for a very long time and came up with her own ingenious survival method (two pet walkers). Additionally she bested the governor in battle, survived capture by the Governor and killed him. She is a force.

Carol hasn't always had the benefit of being in the group. She was exiled after murdering a few sick people. How did she respond to this loss of her protectors? By saving them after they managed to put themselves on the menu at Terminus.

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee

Carol is water.

So have we made our guesses as to who dies next? I think it's Glenn. The show hates happy families. The same reasoning leaves me with my second choice, Maggie. If they really want Negen to be the baddest of the bad, beating a fan favorite pregnant woman to death would do it.

I'm going Daryl, Carol or Abe.

Daryl has had a resurgence this season with a lot of big moments after becoming nearly irrelevant for awhile. I think that could be building up to show how big of a loss he is.

Carol because she seems to be slipping a bit and I could see her volunteering or something to ease her conscience.

And Abe because he's a strong character that could establish Negan as a serious threat by killing but one that also wouldn't remove one of the main characters from the show

Archived