Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

and about them taking the compound.

aside from big red getting distracted that was rather smooth,

add

Neagan's group might have gotten a bit soft from the interactions so far....of course they seem to be living off the fat of the land.....so far

Makes you wonder just how big this Negen group is. An entire compound, two roving groups, and those 4 that took Maggie and Carol. All armed and equipped and one very well supplied armory. All of these appear to be ancillary as Ricks group has yet to find a central encampment.

I hope Carol snaps out of her funk, though this may be her character repenting. Which suggests she'll be dead soon.

So what if we they are setting this up so that Ricks group are the bad guys in all this. They're the aggressors at this point.

I don't see how Negan and the Saviors have the moral high ground here. They sent a man to go back to his community and kill the leader in order to get his friend back. They beat a teenager to death in front of everyone, just to send a message. We've seen one of them have a trophy pictures of people with their heads bashed in on his wall. They may be getting worked over by Rick and co., but there is certainly nothing good about any of these people. 

A great episode, and the direction it took wasn't like I excepted---I thought the Witt character would be around longer and that Rick's group would stat looking more in trouble during this episode. I like it. The women are so bad ass, but dammit, more Alicia (fan) would have been cool--was hoping she'd convert (knew she wouldn't though). Maggie was like Amazon Warrior Commando. Love her kill expressions.  Smitten.

The filming and editing has been stand-out this season---like it's better than ever---and some of the interior shots these last two weeks and the zombie scenes are just exceptional in detail (make-up/staging of all players) and color shades. Good stuff.

Oh yeh, Carol was awesome as always--what well-deserved recognition McBride is getting as an actor for this role on a damn zombie show.

Maggie told Glenn she "can't anymore" and Carol is showing regret and her conscience weighing on her.

After Michonne they are the strongest females in the group. It's not a good sign to be feeling that way right before a clash with Negan's group.

Also, if Rick thought that was Negan he should have interrogated him more. He was too quick on he trigger there.

I'm also ok with them asking the question of "who is the good guy" or at least playing with the idea that perhaps Rick's group isn't exactly the "good guy" even if they aren't bad. It won't play against Negan's group which seems pretty ruthless and as a bully in comparison but it's a good idea to explore.

Really though, at this point, there are various shades of grey that are listed under "Survive at all costs." Would be neat to view Negan's group as an eventuality of Rick's group once they have been through more hardships and are continually pushed. Then we can look at how they avoid becoming the monster and what makes them different, similar to The Road and having the light inside you.

Interesting thoughts

Damn, forgot about the biker barbecue

Team Rick 3

Team Negan 0

Youd think that after this latest ass kicking he'd come out of his throne room and see what alk the fuss was about

Thats a tough angle to pull off at this point, especially with how the Saviours roll.

Man, feels like they're setting us up to take one on the chin.  Multiple homies might get rocked off.  They've been setting up my man Abraham for the okie-doke all season long.  :(

I do wonder though how much our folks can keep killing before there's a total mindset change.  Look at Neagan.  Redhead talking about she had a husband and kids, that one chick had a boyfriend and was preggo, she lost her dad.  Even though the Neagan collective seems like an awful bunch of people, they were all once regular folks with lives, just like Rick's group.

But "Neagan," though they seem well organized and trained, have been through enough that they've become savages when it comes to dealing with other groups.  Maintain their sanity, but lost their humanity.  How many more bodies before Rick and co become completely numb like that?

" Would be neat to view Negan's group as an eventuality of Rick's group once they have been through more hardships and are continually pushed. T

No matter how nasty they might have to get sometimes, I don't ever see Rick beating a 16 year-old to death with a baseball bat.  But then again, I haven't had to kill 20 people to survive, so what do I know.  :(

When the one lady said, "We are all Neagan".  And then the last one alive said, "I'm Neagan".  I don't think there is an actual Neagan anymore, maybe once, but now gone.

Maybe Neagan got them organized, taught them how to survive, be organized, disciplined, etc.  But they are no longer around, so they act as if he still is alive, using his name go continue to give the perception of fear when they take over places

Or, Neagan was created by all of them to give them the appearance there was one person behind the operation to mess with others heads, distract them, give them someone to look for, etc.  when there isn't really anyone.

But they didn't expect to run into Rick and Co.  Who will just kill you first, find out later.  One who is not going to fear another group or "leader".  

That's cool.  I can honestly say I usually don't follow who is going to be in upcoming episodes (char/actor wise).  So like Sin said, why play that up like they did to give the misconception that Neagan is all of them, or a concept?

Just playing into the story for Rick and Co. to not know who it is specifically is then?  Makes me wonder now if Neagan will infiltrate Ricks and Co. group, setting up a sabotage?

Just playing into the story for Rick and Co. to not know who it is specifically is then?  Makes me wonder now if Neagan will infiltrate Ricks and Co. group, setting up a sabotage?

Never thought of that.  I could see something like that playing out...

I also don't trust the leader of the Hilltop Community.  I can see him double-crossing Rick's crew if the opportunity strikes.

Rick is still so badass. Hate that a lot of the other characters are getting soft.....meanwhile Rick is just recking people. Love it. Dont ever change Rick...we dont need farmer Rick back. lol

Man, he just put that hand-cannon to the dude's forehead and closed-casket'd his ass.  Could we have punched him a few times or shot him in the leg before determining he's not going to talk and just blowing his head off?

First, I avoid the WD comics and fan sites. So my take was that since it's openly (not a spoiler)  established that negan is indeed an individual who has been cast and is the leader of the saviors, the "we/I are/am negan" is simply an important mantra that declares their gang affiliation with a "100%" unity of purpose and will. It's the familiar  "we are all one" thing you see in many cults/groups. Based on what's been shown on the show and made open on TD and even "spoiler-conscious" sites, I don't see how it would be any attempt to imply that there is no individual named negan who is indeed that group's (saviors) leader.

That's what I'm saying. And point blank range with that revolver? Everybody is going home with Negan brains in their hair.

**insert mind blown gif from Scanners**

@ Enforcer, I agree about the Hilltop leader.  I could definitely seeing him cross Rick if it's convenient for him.  But I'd trust Jesus to put a bullet in his head before putting Hilltop in poor favor with Rick, as he's aware that our crew is "'bout that life."  

That's what I'm saying. And point blank range with that revolver? Everybody is going home with Negan brains in their hair.

I doubt brain splatter bother people that have surely develop skull cracking muscle memory by now.  Brain splatter is just one small part of each and every day's delightful mélange. 

Archived