Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Denise used to be a doctor until she took an arrow to the eye.

I get this reference. :)

I have to agree with other comments on Rosita as well. Wouldn't mind if she starred in more episodes.

Carol will be back. She just needs to leave so the other bums learn to look after themselves and get on her level.

I agree it was a copout to kill Denise, as she is a native Alexandrian, and they are expendable to be honest. But from a story standpoint, it's a major blow to the community because she was their medical....everything. Without her Carl, Tara, and probably more people than I can remember would be dead from various injuries. 

Going into a war with the Saviors without someone who can get people back on their feet quickly, or save someone's life. Means this is a huge loss. We are essentially going back to needing to hack off limbs and just inject someone with random antibiotics and hope for the best. 

Denise's death happened in a way that another character was killed in the graphic novel.

Such a strange panel in the comic but I am glad the writers paid homage to the comic by letting Denise continue with her speech after getting brained. She would have never left outside the wire if I were in charge. Losing the only medic is a huge loss and Ricks crew will have to rely on the doctor at the Hilltop.

Things are about to get messy...

Per Denise's death being not that big deal in terms of audience attachment to the character, I'm figuring that was just an appetizer for future losses to come that will include more popular/established characters.

As for metal head (geek zone ahead), my quick thought was "medical procedure" (I thought it looked like steel) and the skin's rotted away. Any sort of standard metal helmet melting onto a head in some incident would seemingly involve a heat level that would disintegrate most everything not metal.

But right now I'm shifting attention to the worker who's wondering why I'm typing about a zombie show on a football site so early on a busy Monday morning. "Priorities, padawan."

I thought metal head looked like he dunked his head in some molten steel, died as a result, and came back as zombie with an upgrade.

Made me wonder if there is a dead football team shambling around somewhere still wearing their helmets. 

How about the craziness that must have happened inside of the creepy room that Denise checked out?

I'm guessing it was mom and baby hiding in the building. Baby cries and draws walkers to the building (hand prints all over outside of building). Mom eventually loses it....

That's about as far as I want to go with that story lol.

Did anyone else think Abe's voice sounded off last night?  Particularly in the future bullet factory.  Like the actor had sort of lost the drawl/accent and couldn't quite peg it?

My wife looked at me like I was crazy 

How about the craziness that must have happened inside of the creepy room that Denise checked out?

I'm guessing it was mom and baby hiding in the building. Baby cries and draws walkers to the building (hand prints all over outside of building). Mom eventually loses it....

That's about as far as I want to go with that story lol.

I figured the same thing. Pretty horrifying and I understand her response. Easily up there with the "look at the flowers" episode in regards to how brutal the ZA is to children.

The actress that played Denise (Merritt Wever) is fantastic, she wan an Emmy for her performance in Showtime's "Nurse Jackie," alongside Edie Falco.  She was so good, wife and I really like her.  So when we saw Wever in TWD, we were hoping she'd be around for a while.  She lasted nearly a whole season.  not too shabby.   :(

The actress that played Denise (Merritt Wever) is fantastic, she wan an Emmy for her performance in Showtime's "Nurse Jackie," alongside Edie Falco.  She was so good, wife and I really like her.  So when we saw Wever in TWD, we were hoping she'd be around for a while.  She lasted nearly a whole season.  not too shabby.   :(

Oh yeah man. I loved her on Nurse Jackie (admittedly I got away from watching NJ after season 2 or 3).

I saw a post on another site where someone was hating on her character. They were saying that recently The Walking Dead has hired terrible actors and used her as an example. I wanted to tell him to shove it but meh.. everyone has their own opinion... even though his is wrong lol.

Anyway, I thought her character had a lot of potential and I had high hopes for her after seeing her on Nurse Jackie.

Just so my post above doesn't get misconstrued, I thought Merritt Wever did a great job. 

It's just easier on the audience to kill a character who has been around for less than a full season rather than one who has been on the show for years, so that's what I meant by getting off easy.

Archived