Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I was being sarcastic I didn't see that.

I guess the guy watching the blurry stream on his phone shouldn't be making sarcastic comments on the details ...

Nah we were watching it on cable in HD. It wasn't clear at all. (Not that it needed to be in the moment.)

Just one question: Am I to believe that starting a really big fire at the beginning of this madness could have prevented the zombie apocalypse?

That seems like an oversight by someone.

Why would people who've never seen a zombie before know about their habits and how to kill them in droves? 

Why would people who've never seen a zombie before know about their habits and how to kill them in droves? 

Burning stuff is always a good suggestion.

I have to assume something caught fire at some point and all the zombies might have walked towards the fire. And then some 10 year old kid would have yelled, "Say! They're all heading to Old Man Potter's barn!!!" And then Rick Perry and a bunch of A&M students would have shown up and said, "We know just what to do. Follow us, boys!!!"

And America is saved.

But seriously, no one threw a Molotov ****tail at any point?

Anyway, what's past is past.

I assume next week, they are just going to build the world's largest firepit a few miles away and be safe forever, right?

Yeah when the show contradicts it's own established rules, it's annoying as hell. Last season with walkers suddenly practicing table manners and waiting patiently for the corpse on top of Glenn to be consumed before moving onto Glenn.

Now this fire contradicts the barn in season 2's finale being set on fire and hundreds of walkers still heading to the farmhouse and ignoring the fire which was in plain sight to everyone, not hidden on the other side of town like this.

Just one question: Am I to believe that starting a really big fire at the beginning of this madness could have prevented the zombie apocalypse?

Fair point but everybody has the virus anyway so even if that did happen, new walkers are made every day when somebody dies. No way to prevent this apocalypse

Kind of an oversight in every zombie movie/show, like how no one ever seems to wear any protective gear when universally a single bite is death. 

I do remember from somewhere, probably from World War Z (book) where people tried burning zombies but it ended up bad because some didn't burn right away and were just wandering around on fire causing more damage. 

Now this fire contradicts the barn in season 2's finale being set on fire and hundreds of walkers still heading to the farmhouse and ignoring the fire which was in plain sight to everyone, not hidden on the other side of town like this.

It's been a long time since I watched season 2, but wasn't the barn just set on fire?  There was no explosion first like last night.  I think the noise from the explosion is what distracted the walkers, got them to look towards the fire and start walking that way.

Such great TV last night. When the townies came out to help rick and defend the town... Chills lol.

Eugene had the quote of the show: "No one gets to clock out early today." What a fantastic episode. Too bad hot-assed Alexandra Breckenridge had to die. So hot...want to touch the hiney...awoooooo!

There are also contradictions about how agile these walkers are.  Sometimes they walk stairs and other times they can't navigate a curb.  

Just like your average 'murican.

Yeah ... I guess they don't want easy solutions. Otherwise they'd have built walker minarets surrounded by a pit with a giant wood chippers

The first few minutes leading up to when Daryl uses the rocket launcher were freaking nerve wracking, and then of course the Carl getting his eye shot scene.

But once again the problem becomes the repetitiveness. They find a base/town/fortification, stay a while, problems arise, walkers attack, they defend and then flee, rinse and repeat. There needs to be something new.

The first few minutes leading up to when Daryl uses the rocket launcher were freaking nerve wracking, and then of course the Carl getting his eye shot scene.

But once again the problem becomes the repetitiveness. They find a base/town/fortification, stay a while, problems arise, walkers attack, they defend and then flee, rinse and repeat. There needs to be something new.

Except they're not fleeing Alexandria, are they?

It's been a long time since I watched season 2, but wasn't the barn just set on fire? There was no explosion first like last night. I think the noise from the explosion is what distracted the walkers, got them to look towards the fire and start walking that way.

True, didn't think about that. The barn just got set on fire and had the RV over there with Rick and that teenage kid screaming and stuff but no grand explosion to attract them.

There was enough commotion to attract more than it did though

But what other life is there in a situation like that? Until there numbers grow so significantly that they could actually start a mini society, that's what it would always be. So at least that is realistic.

Maybe it doesn't make for the most entertaining show after so many times but that's why this show should have a shelf life at some point

Carl should've died.

He dead metaphorically so he can be reborn with an eyepatch, a haircut and a badass attitude

Kind of an oversight in every zombie movie/show, like how no one ever seems to wear any protective gear when universally a single bite is death. 

This is true, and crazy. I think I can only remember Glen wearing riot gear when escaping the prison. Other than that, they're all going around in short sleeve shirts.

****, the first thing I'd do if I knew bites were the cause of death and zombification would be to, at a minimum, wrap my limbs and hands in some kind of kevlar or chainmail. That would prevent 90% of bites and save many lives.

I would be a great zombie apocalypse planner.

I thought it was a great episode...

However -after watching them battle for Alexandria, looking out the window, and thinking of the seasons....

WHEN THE F WILL IT BE WINTER??

Have they had a winter yet? What happens to the zombies with 36 inches of snow?  Or with a ice storm?  

Archived