Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

My wife and I discussed him possibly having to cut the hand off. I doubt AMC goes that route though. Typically, the cost post-production to remove an actor's hand is pretty expensive. HBO pays it for Jaime Lannister in GoT because their HBO and they're swimming in money, AMC is a different story. 

My wife also proposed a reason why Michonne didn't mercy kill David. She could've been distraught over giving him the false hope of getting back to his wife before he turned, and convinced him not to write his goodbye letter and end it painlessly in the store. The realization of what she'd done paralyzed her as she watched him get eaten alive. 

Even when he does get back, Rick is going to have to deal with the fallout from his impossibly stupid decision.

This is another reason why I think Glen's death is legit. it's one thing to lose a bunch of faceless Alexandrians, but a fan favourite who is one of his own and has a huge emotional investment in Maggie adds serious gravity to the situation.

Then, asides from the obvious near impossibility of getting out alive, there's the 'calling Rick "dumbass" bookends, Nicholas already trying to get him killed and Nicolas' last words/episode title themes to throw in too.

The show is just unlikely to say goodbye to him before anyone from the main group finds proof of his death in one way or another, is all.

My wife and I discussed him possibly having to cut the hand off. I doubt AMC goes that route though. Typically, the cost post-production to remove an actor's hand is pretty expensive. HBO pays it for Jaime Lannister in GoT because their HBO and they're swimming in money, AMC is a different story. 

Yeah but AMC went that route with Hershel and his leg.  The green screen. post-production costs were probably less because he didn't last as long as Rick would with a missing hand but still I could see them doing it. 

This is another reason why I think Glen's death is legit. it's one thing to lose a bunch of faceless Alexandrians, but a fan favourite who is one of his own and has a huge emotional investment in Maggie adds serious gravity to the situation.

Then, asides from the obvious near impossibility of getting out alive, there's the 'calling Rick "dumbass" bookends, Nicholas already trying to get him killed and Nicolas' last words/episode title themes to throw in too.

The show is just unlikely to say goodbye to him before anyone from the main group finds proof of his death in one way or another, is all.

I doubt Glenn would have been screaming like he was if he was being disembowled. Would be passed out. Also, the angle of the camera made it look like the guts were coming from way above where his stomach would be. I think Glenn is able to crawl under the dumpster and wait it out. 

But a 90 min. flashback episode of Morgan? He is drastically different from his state of mind when Rick, Carl and Michonne left him but I think three 5 min. flashbacks mixed into a regular episode could explain his change well enough. 

Fans have been asking for Morgan to come back since season 1. I think a 90 minute Morgan episode will be amazing but maybe I'm in the minority. I love Lennie James and I can't wait to see where Morgan has been and what he's gone through. I don't think we're going to get 90 minutes of "all life is precious" Morgan either. 

http://www.heyuguys.com/lennie-james-walking-dead-season-6-morgans-intense-standalone-episode/

I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say, but I think it’s going to be (and I haven’t seen the episode yet) an intense ride. It’s very much going to be in keeping with the mythology of The Walking Dead, but is a very different kind of episode. It’s almost like a standalone film, and I believe it’s going to be shown as a 90 minute special.

Hopefully it’s one that the fans will like. I know it’s one they’ve been asking for for a long time, and we’ve done our best to handle it in a way which will hopefully be satisfying. It was a trip to shoot and an incredible experience. It’s an amazing story, and if it’s at all possible after “Clear”, Morgan goes further into the hole before he finds his way out.

I doubt Glenn would have been screaming like he was if he was being disembowled. Would be passed out. Also, the angle of the camera made it look like the guts were coming from way above where his stomach would be. I think Glenn is able to crawl under the dumpster and wait it out. 

I get this, but if he is dead, it's possible that having Nicolas there on top of him leaves him preserved enough that he's found in a recognisable form. Sure, he can roll under the dumpster, but does that really make him safe? Thinking back to the episode with the helicopter on the roof of the store, a floor-bound walker still got to Beth's boyfriend at the time. Glenn and Nicolas were barely safe standing on top of the dumpster. Yet, in the episode when Sophia does a runner, they successfully hide under cars. Difference might be that the walkers didn't know they were there, so maybe not the same situation. He's going to leave behind quite a large surface are for grabbing, however he positions himself underneath.

But still, it seems that the internet disagrees with me on this one. Sure, there's a lot of stupid on the internet, but there's also a lot of people who'll go to whatever lengths they can to find out what happens before it happens. I'm not read anything conclusive, or that can't be explained another way, but now that I've seen this is the general consensus I'm inclined to trust the internet on this one.

Fans have been asking for Morgan to come back since season 1. I think a 90 minute Morgan episode will be amazing but maybe I'm in the minority. I love Lennie James and I can't wait to see where Morgan has been and what he's gone through. I don't think we're going to get 90 minutes of "all life is precious" Morgan either. 

Yeah I've been waiting for a Morgan backstory and happy we are finally getting one.  They had to eventually show how Morgan got to this state of mind from when we last saw him in "Clear".    I think we're in for one intense episode. 

I also think it's 90 minutes ( minus commercials)  because  the last 15 minutes or so is focused on Glenn and the gang finding him, mercy killing walker Glenn and burying him. 

I get this, but if he is dead, it's possible that having Nicolas there on top of him leaves him preserved enough that he's found in a recognisable form. Sure, he can roll under the dumpster, but does that really make him safe? Thinking back to the episode with the helicopter on the roof of the store, a floor-bound walker still got to Beth's boyfriend at the time. Glenn and Nicolas were barely safe standing on top of the dumpster. Yet, in the episode when Sophia does a runner, they successfully hide under cars. Difference might be that the walkers didn't know they were there, so maybe not the same situation. He's going to leave behind quite a large surface are for grabbing, however he positions himself underneath.

But still, it seems that the internet disagrees with me on this one. Sure, there's a lot of stupid on the internet, but there's also a lot of people who'll go to whatever lengths they can to find out what happens before it happens. I'm not read anything conclusive, or that can't be explained another way, but now that I've seen this is the general consensus I'm inclined to trust the internet on this one.

Your concerns are the same ones I have...Like, how would he get under the dumpster without any of the walkers grabbing at him? Maybe they'd all be distracted with the fresh corpse (assuming it was Nicholas they were munching on) and he can slip away. Out of sight outta mind for the walkers. I don't know, it still seems like a stretch to me, but I'm inclined to believe that since we didn't actually see the guts coming from Glenn's body that the show is screwing with us.

So when do we see a scene from Rick wishing he hadn't shot Shane? Shane arrived at Rick's current point of insanity long ago. The difference is that Rick has no good guy rival, that he can't easily trample over, holding him back.

I think I say something like this every season.

So when do we see a scene from Rick wishing he hadn't shot Shane? Shane arrived at Rick's current point of insanity long ago. The difference is that Rick has no good guy rival, that he can't easily trample over, holding him back.

I think I say something like this every season.

I syill dont think Rick has approached Shane level madness. Theres still some humanity left in there. He may have passed Season 1 "You gotta make the hard choices, Rick!" Shane, but not Season 2 Shane after he kills Otis. By then he was completely checked out, getting Rick in his crosshairs in the woods, threatening Dale, and pretty much not giving a **** about anyone in the group besides Lori and Carl.

As "hard" as he might be these days, all Rick cares about is keeping his people safe.  The comments he made about the weak Alexandria folks are true.  Bill Murray said it best in Scrooged:  "You wanna save somebody, save yourself!"

Them folks have been surrounded by 4 walls, running water, and working ovens since the world collapsed.  They have no idea how to survive in this world.  And you see how many of them got caught from behind, not being vigilant and aware of their surroundings.  they just aren't meant to survive in the ZA.  i'm glad they're dead, screw 'em.  they just get in the way.

Rick was right with what he said about "them," regardless of how heartless it may seem.  Rick isn't crazy at all, he's simply a monster (leader) that people in this environment need.  

Rick is crazy, but all his decisions are calculated and for the good of the group. Well his group, not all of Alexandria.

Given what has gone down, a risky plan now looks downright stupid. That said it was thought out enough and nobody else had a suggestion for how to deal with the herd, let alone a better plan.

Rick will still get it in the neck, though, guaranteed.

Given what has gone down, a risky plan now looks downright stupid. That said it was thought out enough and nobody else had a suggestion for how to deal with the herd, let alone a better plan.

It was actually a brilliant move. The problem was he couldn't see an attack from the Wolves coming. Which at this point seems like a random attack based on them finding the pack with photos.

I syill dont think Rick has approached Shane level madness. Theres still some humanity left in there. He may have passed Season 1 "You gotta make the hard choices, Rick!" Shane, but not Season 2 Shane after he kills Otis. By then he was completely checked out, getting Rick in his crosshairs in the woods, threatening Dale, and pretty much not giving a **** about anyone in the group besides Lori and Carl.

I think he's gone well beyond the Shane that killed Otis. Shane saved his own ass with the classic "you don't have to outrun the bear, just your fellow camper" trick, Rick would gladly sacrifice an entire town of "them" to save any of "us". Not only that but where he once felt bad for not stopping to save the backpacker he now actively encourages the one town with a functioning wall to stop saving anyone at all. He's evolved into absolutely everything he stood against. I think the rest of the group is seeing it too, that's why Morgan's comments about Rick go unopposed for the most part. He might be their own madman, and they might owe him much, but there is no denying that he's mad.

Looking back this show really has made Rick's group into the worst kind of omen. They are the unwitting agents of fate. They exist to find flawed, but functional, groups of survivors and inevitably watch them burn.

They were in a giant stone pit.  The obvious solution was to burn them and otherwise kill them while you had them densely packed inside an enclosed area. Rick's brilliant plan was to take a contained threat and release it out into the world.  Remember that even if it had gone as he wanted it to, he loosed a horde that would descend on other survivors. 

Rick is a wild eyed lunatic willing to let the world burn so long as he's the last to join the ashes.

Archived