Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESL on Tribal Wars.

Art

I did. I believe I was the first ESL'er to 100 villages first time around, or something like that.

I weaned myself off Tribal Wars for a crystal meth habit, as meth was less destructive to my family.

At least with crystal meth, it takes longer to build up a tolerance. In TW, you think you will be satisfied when you reach 100 villages, but when you have 100 villages, all you want is 101 villages. You think you'll be satisfied when you're the biggest player on your continent, but then you just need a few more villages to be one of the top 20 in the world. Or the top 10. Or the top 5. You feel like you are falling behind if you don't noble a village every day. You lead ESL into the top 10 tribes, and the top 5, and the top 3. Your allies draw you into a global war. Your tribe faces hundreds of incoming attacks. Tribe members start quitting. You sit a second account. And a third. And a fourth. You make spreadsheets to time your attacks and defenses to the second. You schedule weekend errands around attack times. You can't go to sleep because you need to identify attacks when they start. Your allies falter. The war reaches a stalemate. You identify your successor. You quit cold turkey. You never go back.

At least with crystal meth, it takes longer to build up a tolerance. In TW, you think you will be satisfied when you reach 100 villages, but when you have 100 villages, all you want is 101 villages. You think you'll be satisfied when you're the biggest player on your continent, but then you just need a few more villages to be one of the top 20 in the world. Or the top 10. Or the top 5. You feel like you are falling behind if you don't noble a village every day. You lead ESL into the top 10 tribes, and the top 5, and the top 3. Your allies draw you into a global war. Your tribe faces hundreds of incoming attacks. Tribe members start quitting. You sit a second account. And a third. And a fourth. You make spreadsheets to time your attacks and defenses to the second. You schedule weekend errands around attack times. You can't go to sleep because you need to identify attacks when they start. Your allies falter. The war reaches a stalemate. You identify your successor. You quit cold turkey. You never go back.

That's untrue, I quit cold turkey and here I am, back again...

You guys are all insane. I havent played this game in 6 years and I seriously still have the occasional dream nightmare about that ****ing gloriously addictive time-wasting machine.

Ask me again in 18 months when you need a moral-busting animal and I'm done with grad school.

And good luck troops.

You guys are all insane. I havent played this game in 6 years and I seriously still have the occasional dream nightmare about that ****ing gloriously addictive time-wasting machine.

Ask me again in 18 months when you need a moral-busting animal and I'm done with grad school.

And good luck troops.

The devil made me do it... Wait, I mean: Allah Lokinder made Symbol30 return from Symbol30's deep hamster sleep.

And good luck troops.

What a shame PB, we're starting world 59 Tuesday all at the same time and in the center and Art was saying we need about 3 people to go all in offensively from the beginning and raise hell. I immediately thought you would LOVE this role.

Archived