Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cinematic Proverbs

thebluefood

Movies shouldn't be emulated frame by frame; but sometimes there's a phrase or two that is actually kind of applicable to real life.

For example, one of my favorite movie quotes comes from the first Godfather movie. When Vito Corleone asks his godson Johnny Fontane if he spends time with his family, Fontane says yes. Corleone says in response. "Good, because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never truly be a man."

Obviously, the Corleone family shouldn't be mimicked, but still sage advice.

What are some other good ones?

"A person is smart. People, are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

"Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow..."

Men In Black

Not a day goes by when I don't think about these two quotes, and I am being 100% honest.

"They **** you at the drive through! They **** you at the drive through..! They **** you at the drive through!

They know you're gonna be miles down the road before you know it,

****, i hate tuna."

- Lethal weapon II

"one man can change the world with a bullet in the right place" - Clockwork Orange

"We are the Music Makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"- Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)

"Never get out of the boat. Not unless you're going all the way. God Damn right." - Apocalypse Now

And also from Apocalype Now, and perhaps most appropriate today...

"Who's in charge here?

Mother****er, aint you?? "

~Bang

Princess Bride. :) (Yes. The whole movie.)

Well, I was gonna open with

"Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

and follow up with

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."

"Have fun storming the castle!"

But your post pretty much covered it. :)

From some other movies:

"Death's a part of life. Something we're all destined to do."

"[God] doesn't make rain. He gives us strength when we're suffering. He gives us compassion when all that we feel is hatred. He gives us courage when we're searching around blindly like little mice in the darkness... but He does not make rain!

[Thunder and lightning begin, followed by a downpour] Of course... sometimes, just like that, he'll change His mind."

"You cannot make a real commitment unless you accept that it's a choice that you keep making again and again and again."

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Archived