Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason "Teflon don Campbell

Shanny&Danny

This is hilarious: I haven't seen the game but......

I haven't seen the game. All I have is the Espn play by play but he was still 90% dink and dunk. He did throw a couple long ball completions though. So maybe he is improving, or maybe the Bills have 0 pass rush and he got lucky on a couple of his sideline balls that he throws. I dunno, but his stats definitely look better.
BTW-His top 3 reveicers were all out for the game: Jacoby Ford, DHB and Murphy were all out.

Also that 2nd to last series would have been a 4th qtr comeback if the defense didn't let the Bills March down the field for the go ahead with 18s left.

Which is great!

But, JC didn't have half the talent around him during his tenure here.

That's just 100% false.

And, no offensive line.

Again, 100% false. He didn't have a line at the end of his tenure here, but when he first took over as the starter? Yes he did.

TR1...as far as agenda boyz go, you must really hate Shanny as the ultimate agenda boy for running your sweetheart out of town.

Guess Shanny didn't want to spend his whole gameday telling Jason what to say to his teammates in the huddle........

Diesel, had you been following along, you might have noticed I've never been 'sweet' on JC. He's an ordinary NFL qb...but to read those who follow him, you might be convinced he's not worthy of starting.

So, before you go after what you think I'm saying, it might be good if you KNOW what I'm saying.

;)

JC played well. But ultimately, as is usually the case when JC is your team's QB, his team lost.
That's another bad memory brought up. Remember when he had good games statistically with the Skins, and we still lost? Candle plays well at times, (he's not horrible just mediocre), but he's like the anti-Rothlisberger to a team.

JC played well. But ultimately, as is usually the case when JC is your team's QB, his team lost.

I'm finding it difficult to understand how anyone would chalk this loss for the Raiders up to the "same ol' JC" argument.

35 points?

Leading a go-ahead TD late in the game?...5 plays, one minute drive?...On a 50 yard TD, no less?...50 yards in the air...On the road?

108.5 QB rating?...

We would have KILLED for a Jason Campbell like that.

Helluva play by both Campbell and his WR:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d82257ff8/WK2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Moore-s-big-score

I'm finding it difficult to understand how anyone would chalk this loss for the Raiders up to the "same ol' JC" argument.

35 points?

Leading a go-ahead TD late in the game?...5 plays, one minute drive?...On a 50 yard TD, no less?...50 yards in the air...On the road?

108.5 QB rating?...

We would have KILLED for a Jason Campbell like that.

Helluva play by both Campbell and his WR:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d82257ff8/WK2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Moore-s-big-score

You do realize that it was a terrible read right? He threw it right into double coverage, that ball should be picked off 9 out of 10 times.

I wonder if anyone see that the defense lost the game today for the Raiders. The Bills scored on all 5 possessions in the 2nd half. Let me repeat that again, the Bills scored on ALL 5 possessions in the second half. JC led em back to take the lead, but the defense gave it up. I'm not seeing how Jason lost this game for the Raiders.

campbell played well today. he has these performances from time to time, where he puts up 300 and a few TDs, then reverts back to his usual 170 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT games while handing the ball to mcfadden all day.

the raiders are going nowhere with campbell as their QB, and their entire fanbase knows it. Al Davis is the only one who doesnt, or maybe campbell is just a place holder until Pryor is ready? LOL

Which is great!

But, JC didn't have half the talent around him during his tenure here.

I don't disagree with you that JC is a pretty ordinary QB. But I do disagree that JC didn't have talent while he was here. He had possibly the best O-line in the league in the first half of 2008. You could probably make an argument that our O-line was top-10 in the league from 2006 up until Samuels got injured in 08. Portis was in his prime. Betts was in his prime. Moss was coming off a 1500 yard season. Cooley was an emerging star. JC had a pro bowler or recent pro bowler at RB, FB, TE, WR, and LT. The talent was there, he was just hesitant with the ball.

EDIT: And I think the overall point I want to make is that JC was pretty unextraordinary, while Rex is showing quickly that he could be extraordinary.

You do realize that it was a terrible read right? He threw it right into double coverage, that ball should be picked off 9 out of 10 times.

As JMU rightly pointed out, the WR got behind both men. The ONLY negative on that play would be that JC could have thrown it a yard farther so that the receiver wouldn't need to go up for the ball. But it wasn't a "terrible" read, nor a lucky play. It was a good read, and should have won the game.

As JMU rightly pointed out, the WR got behind both men. The ONLY negative on that play would be that JC could have thrown it a yard farther so that the receiver wouldn't need to go up for the ball. But it wasn't a "terrible" read, nor a lucky play. It was a good read, and should have won the game.

It wasn't a terrible read but it was basically a under thrown jump ball hail mary at the goal line.

When I originally posted his game stats I thought he had actually made a good deep TD pass. After watching it I'd say that he just got lucky. Another game of JC's dink and dunk with 1 lucky td late in the game.

He had possibly the best O-line in the league in the first half of 2008. You could probably make an argument that our O-line was top-10 in the league from 2006 up until Samuels got injured in 08.

EDIT: And I think the overall point I want to make is that JC was pretty unextraordinary, while Rex is showing quickly that he could be extraordinary.

No he didn't. Our Oline was MUCH better at run blocking than pass blocking. He was under all kinds of pressure @ Dallas, and was also under a fair amount vs STL. Furthermore Portis didn't take off until the 2nd half of the Dallas game, after Campbell had big games vs NO, ARI, and a big 1st half @ DAL (despite the heavy pressure mentioned above). Our 2007 Oline was average aside from those 3 or so games where 3 starters were out. Though the Oline was great in 2005-6.

For the record I've been supportive of Grossman since the 2010 preseason, and although I think Rex has more to work with than JC did, I doubt JC would've thrown for 290+ yards in 4 of our last 5 games.

It wasn't a terrible read but it was basically a under thrown jump ball hail mary at the goal line.

When I originally posted his game stats I thought he had actually made a good deep TD pass. After watching it I'd say that he just got lucky. Another game of JC's dink and dunk with 1 lucky td late in the game.

Only Jason Campbell could cause an entire fan base to dissect a 300+ yard, 2 TD game to try and figure out why it sucked :ols:...

Only Jason Campbell could cause an entire fan base to dissect a 300+ yard, 2 TD game to try and figure out why it sucked :ols:...

The dislike for JC is irrational.

When folks went 'all in' on how bad a qb he is/was, they try to save face with weak arguments when JC has a good day.

It's an interesting study in human psychology.

:rotflmao:

Archived