Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason "Teflon don Campbell

Shanny&Danny

It's amazing to me how Rex Grossman is constantly mocked and criticized by the media while Campbell, who is an exponentially worse QB gets nothing but sympathy. Watching the Raiders game the announcer called him a "wise QB" after an 8yd completion on 3rd and 13. I can't believe that he never gets called out for being the worst starter in the NFL! He must be a really great guy to build up a lifetime supply of good karma, it's stunning.

Meanwhile Rex who has a career winning record along with an SB appearance is continually getting trashed by the media. Jason isn't even in the same stratosphere as far as QB skills go. He can't read the defense, useless agains the blitz, has 0 deep ball accuracy, is incapable of working the middle of the field due to poor accuracy and slow release and is terrible in the red zone. I'm amazed that after showing nothing with multle coaches and systems he continues to be a starter, it's truly bizarre.

Agreed, last night was one of my only times watching JC play for the Raiders, it seems like he hasn't changed at all since he left DC. He did show some heart on a few running plays last night where he took big hits though. Looks to me like he's playing behind a pretty rough O-Line out there, similar to his time here in DC.

Man, you're really salty over Jason huh?

Jason had a bad game yesterday.

Rex had a good game and Rex is our QB.

I have no doubt Rex will be a better QB then Jason Campbell going forward.

But, lets not have revisionist history:

Over the course of their career's Jason Campbell has been a better QB then Rex Grossman despite playing under a worse set of circumstances.

Man, you're really salty over Jason huh?

Jason had a bad game yesterday.

Rex had a good game and Rex is our QB.

I have no doubt Rex will be a better QB then Jason Campbell going forward.

But, lets not have revisionist history:

Over the course of their career's Jason Campbell has been a better QB then Rex Grossman despite playing under a worse set of circumstances.

How has JC had a better career than Grossman? He has never had a winning record or even sniffed the playoffs let alone the SB?

Agreed, last night was one of my only times watching JC play for the Raiders, it seems like he hasn't changed at all since he left DC. He did show some heart on a few running plays last night where he took big hits though. Looks to me like he's playing behind a pretty rough O-Line out there, similar to his time here in DC.

Heyer and the 600 Page Playbook...:toilet:

Who is worse? I'm serious I can't think of anyone, maybe McCown,but I'm not sure that Campbell is any better.

McCown is decent, really.

McNabb is worse. Jury's out on Kolb, though he looked good this week. Dalton, McCoy are currently worse, but have much more upside. Chad Henne hasn't done much up until yesterday. Kerry Collins is worse. Matt Cassel may be worse. Tarvaris Jackson is certainly worse. Alex Smith is worse.

Who is worse? I'm serious I can't think of anyone, maybe McCown,but I'm not sure that Campbell is any better.

Tavaris Jackson, Donovan McNabb, Alex Smith, Luke McCown, Kerry Collins,

And then these guys I'm not convinced yet that they are better: Andy Dalton, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton.

I like Jason Campbell and wish him well but he's just too indecisive at QB and he just isn't a strong leader. Watching the game last night they showed the sideline when Janikowski hit the 63 yarder to close out the half and the Raiders were going nuts except for Campbell who had this glazed look on his face. I was just sitting there thinking how little fire he had.

I'd take Brucie over JC all day, there's a reason he took his job last year,

Campbell is still in Oakland, Gradkowski came off the bench behind Andy Dalton (although I think he's starting now). I will say debating these two QBs is like asking who's hotter Roseanne or Kathy Bates...

It's amazing to me how Rex Grossman is constantly mocked and criticized by the media while Campbell, who is an exponentially worse QB gets nothing but sympathy. Watching the Raiders game the announcer called him a "wise QB" after an 8yd completion on 3rd and 13. I can't believe that he never gets called out for being the worst starter in the NFL! He must be a really great guy to build up a lifetime supply of good karma, it's stunning.

Meanwhile Rex who has a career winning record along with an SB appearance is continually getting trashed by the media. Jason isn't even in the same stratosphere as far as QB skills go. He can't read the defense, useless agains the blitz, has 0 deep ball accuracy, is incapable of working the middle of the field due to poor accuracy and slow release and is terrible in the red zone. I'm amazed that after showing nothing with multle coaches and systems he continues to be a starter, it's truly bizarre.

to the average fan, average media personnel, JC is mobile, big, athletic, has a good arm, has a high completion percentage, and doesnt make many turnovers. this skillset leads one to think that he has an ideal skillset, and it is enough in their mind to label him an above average qb. for instance i have a buddy who is very knowleageable about sports, he cannot understand why i dont like JC's style of play. shoot, even many skins fans said last year that JC was doing really well in oakland.. i watched a bunch of their games, and it was the same JC, just as it was last night.

it takes a little more knowledge of how he plays to understand his shortcomings, which are many. as our nfc east foes found out, JC is easy to beat, stack the box and stop the run, forcing JC to beat you. there are just too many throws which JC cannot make.

for instance, why can JC not throw a slant? this boggled my mind. opposing teams would blitz him all day and he would never utilize this quick throw to keep them honest.

same with the deep ball, it could be nfl worst. no touch, no accuracy, and little understanding of where to place the ball in regard to defenders.

the 3rd and long pass. this is a near guarantee to be thrown 3 to 4 yards short of the first down, JC expects the receiver or running back to make the play.

if he does make the throws above, 9/10 the player is wide open.. he just doesnt thread the needle.

his decision making and reads are very slow and predictable. he maybe audibled a handful of times in his career at washington.

my biggest beef with him is that he plays not to lose. JC just wont beat you; he will rarely throw into tight coverage or make the big pass that his team needs. he just isnt capable of making the tough nfl throws and is probably the last qb in the league id want on my team if your staging a late comeback.

in his favor, oakland is probably the best team for him to be on. top 2 or 3 run game, top 5 special teams, and a decent defense. he will be a game manager in this defense, as he was last night. as long as the other team doesnt shut down the run game, oakland will win.

the above method will not work vs. good teams in the playoffs, which is why JC will never take his team anywhere and why i am glad he is not the qb of the redskins.

How has JC had a better career than Grossman? He has never had a winning record or even sniffed the playoffs let alone the SB?
Whenever you have to resort to team success to prove your point about a QB it tells me you're trying to avoid the individual comparison.

But, lets play your game: even if you look at the team success of Rex/Bears isn't it clear to you the Bears have been a better team and front office then the Redskins?

Especially during the time Rex/Campbell were their respective QBs?

Tavaris Jackson, Donovan McNabb, Alex Smith, Luke McCown, Kerry Collins,

And then these guys I'm not convinced yet that they are better: Andy Dalton, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton.

I'd say he's better then Matt Hasselbeck too.

I think Colt McCoy is clearly better though, I think McCoy is gonna be pretty good this year.

I still withholding judgement on McNabb, its too early.

If you write off McNabb after the 1st game then you need to be ready to crown Cam Newton.

If you write off McNabb after the 1st game then you need to be ready to crown Cam Newton.

Not necessarily. Cam is a rookie with no past to reference.

McNabb is a guy who whined himself out of DC and played poorly there, and then went to his new team and set a new low in terms of poor play... In an offense that he helped tailor to himself.

Archived