Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason "Teflon don Campbell

Shanny&Danny

Actually, for all those that are piling on BLC, last night on ESPN both Wilbon (PTI) and Mortensen said that the Raiders had been trying to make this move for weeks, but Cleveland wouldn't budge without a king's ransom. Now, due to the desperation of the situation, the Raiders agreed to the high price and got the deal done. This came from two different ESPN guys on air, and I wish I had a link, but I do not have one. If anyone can get/find/make one to last night's PTI and/or Sportscenter, that would be much appreciated. This, however, means, if true, that BLC was right about the Raiders not being happy/sold on Campbell.

no way! im just delusional. the raiders never really wanted an upgrade at QB, they only made this move cause campbell was injured. they were completely content with his very high level of QB competency and rest assured he'd have been signed to a multi year extension had he not injured his collar bone.

let the fan club pile on, its still amusing to this day.

Actually, for all those that are piling on BLC, last night on ESPN both Wilbon (PTI) and Mortensen said that the Raiders had been trying to make this move for weeks, but Cleveland wouldn't budge without a king's ransom. Now, due to the desperation of the situation, the Raiders agreed to the high price and got the deal done. This came from two different ESPN guys on air, and I wish I had a link, but I do not have one. If anyone can get/find/make one to last night's PTI and/or Sportscenter, that would be much appreciated. This, however, means, if true, that BLC was right about the Raiders not being happy/sold on Campbell.

:ols:

This is a PR move to save face for putting spending two #1's...

Cincy, not Cleveland. Wilbon is fishy imo, but Mort is trustworthy enough.

it's just a panic move from a poorly run organization. yet somehow, in the minds of guys like BLC whose hate for campbell defies logic, this is a move that shows that everyone really hated campbell all along and this is an elaborate plan to finally get him out. by the by the HC also really likes campbell, not just al.

There's a part of all this that you're REALLY failing to consider.

If it was simply a panic move on the part of the Raiders, why not trade for Kyle Orton? He could have no doubt been had for a second rounder, if all the Raiders wanted to do was trade for a QB that was better than Boller because they panicked. McNabb has been benched in Minnesota and would likely be available for little to nothing in trade. They could have targeted Caleb Hanie in Chicago, Chris Redman in Atlanta, Tyler Thigpen in Buffalo, or Shaun Hill in Detroit if they simply wanted someone who wasn't Boller. And don't even start to tell me those guys weren't available, no one can possibly know that, and Palmer was the only one of the bunch that was explicitly not available, if their management was to be believed.

Plain and simple, you don't TRADE THE FARM unless you're making a move for the present AND the future. If they had any intention of resigning Campbell to start him, they wouldn't have given up 2 1st round picks. The logic is simple, and by ignoring the prospect of other available QBs, you're severely undercutting your own argument.

YOU DON'T GIVE UP THAT MANY PICKS FOR A STOPGAP UNTIL YOUR STARTER RETURNS IF YOU CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE TO BRIDGE THE GAP FOR LESS COMPENSATION.

YOU DON'T GIVE UP THAT MANY PICKS FOR A STOPGAP UNTIL YOUR STARTER RETURNS IF YOU CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE TO BRIDGE THE GAP FOR LESS COMPENSATION.

This is a collar bone break on JC's throwing arm side...he's a question mark for next year after this injury. It makes sense for the Raiders to pull the trigger to salvage this season...but, this trade would NEVER have happened this year with a healthy JC.

Any leaks that the Raiders were trying to pull this off for weeks is BS...the injury precipitated the trade for the high picks.

This will go down as an EPIC fail on the Raiders' part...the guy hasn't played all year and will look like crap on Sunday.

This is a collar bone break on JC's throwing arm side...he's a question mark for next year after this injury. It makes sense for the Raiders to pull the trigger to salvage this season...but, this trade would NEVER have happened this year with a healthy JC.

Any leaks that the Raiders were trying to pull this off for weeks is BS...the injury precipitated the trade for the high picks.

This will go down as an EPIC fail on the Raiders' part...the guy hasn't played all year and will look like crap on Sunday.

its only BS to you and the other fan club members because it completely blows your argument out of the water. two analysts (one who is a known insider) are both saying they have been trying to make a deal like this for awhile. youre just ignoring it because it validates my point.

its only BS to you and the other fan club members because it completely blows your argument out of the water. two analysts (one who is a known insider) are both saying they have been trying to make a deal like this for awhile. youre just ignoring it because it validates my point.

When I see this 'rumor' in writing and attributed to the Raiders' organization, I'll believe it...but, if JC had won on Sunday, this trade would not have happened...had he gone on to be 4-0 after Sunday, he would not have been replaced...and had he gone to the playoffs and won a game, he'd be starting as the Raider's qb.

The Palmer rumor mill is an attempt to spin a bad deal...if Palmer comes in and lays an egg, Raider nation will be laughed at until the cows come home.

:ols:

No, it actually validates my point. Whether the Raiders were trying to make this deal or not, and I have my doubts, they didn't agree to the absurd trade of 2 first rounders until after Jason was injured. Whatever the Raiders were offering before was obviously not enough and rather than come with what it would take to make the trade they were content to stay with JC. If they were as desperate as you think they were, why didn't they come up with the two high picks earlier if they knew that was what it would take for the trade. They only upped the ante enough when it was absolutely necessary because JC was injured and they had no other choice. Waiting to see if Jason would be back in 6 weeks just because he told a reporter he hoped to be back that soon when he was leaving the facility before the surgery was not an option.

The logic used by some in this thread has me :ols:

I'm sure the Raiders were interested in Palmer before the injury happened - they have Kyle Boller as their back up. If the Raiders were convinced they couldn't win with Campbell, they would have made the same deal weeks earlier - there's no way they'd have a 4-2 start and bench a QB who was playing pretty well at the time. It just doesn't make sense, but I'm sure they were looking to get deeper at the position.

I'm curious about how many Raiders games some on here have watched. Aside from the New England game, Campbell was looking pretty good and fans weren't calling for his head or anything like that.

Some of the debates that Raiders fans were having BEFORE Campbell's injury.

He's a good game manager, but he's not the kind of guy who can bring us back late when he has to carry the team. In his defense, there's only a handful of those guys in the league. Unfortunately one of those guys is in our division.
I think RAIDER NATION can live with an average Jason Campbell but here's the thing: as long as the defense sucks then that means the offense led by Jason Campbell will have to outscore their opponents since the defense cannot make a stop. Those nice stats Campbell currently will be at the bottom if he is required to do it all for the team to win.
Campbell is a game manager who can't be counted on to win games with his arm. In the few instances he does, it's gravy. I don't mean this as an insult - though some here surely will take it that way - but he is who he is, and that's a middle-of-the-road quarterback.
Jason Campbell will not take us to the next level. Yes you can win some games but when you play the big boys, his weaknesses will show. good coaches will be able to exploit that. If teams stop the run Campbell CANNOT put the team on his shoulders.

1. He has no emotions

2. He takes way too long to deliver the ball. He never hits his wr's in stride and the ball takes forever to get to the recievers on out routes.

I hope Pryor can pull a Cam Newton because JC sucks and always have and always will

It looks like Pryor is the new Colt Brennan, but what's boggling is that REDSKINS fans are STILL having the same debate that RAIDERS fan were having NOW. Those quotes look like they're from this thread!!!

Archived